Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Moody's Bat Cave

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 18:40:29 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Lilykin: I made this thread just to reach other artists and just to talk about art
and to have something to push me to want to improve my own work.
Before making the thread felt i didn't have many supporters of m work and it made me feel why am I bothering wit art in the first place lol.

I mainly only talk about art so I figured "why not just make an art thread."
And just came up with things along the way to get others involved and not make it about me.

Not sure what challenges i would make tbh.
Not good with ideas. I don't want to make something too taxing on me.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 18:52:31 )
@MoodyBats: That's valid. I think the thing I miss the most after the shift to social media is that you lose interactions like this and it becomes so much harder to connect with people on a personal level. There are plenty of people I'm still friends with from older forums but very few I would call more than acquaintances from social media sites

I think you mentioned a few pages back you were following an artist's tutorials? That would be a good start. Or we talked about drawing fashion models. A "draw this in your style" challenge would be fun. I'm just throwing around. You don't have to do any of these if you don't want lol. A chat/critique thread is great just as is :D

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 18:55:06 )
Speaking of art chat, one of my patterns got a good review! OwO

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 19:00:25 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Lilykin: I never really had interactions such as these before i got social media.
I only recently started posting my art. :vanora_sweat:
I've been drawing forever but 2016-2019 was a really bad time for me so i could barely finish art
and also didn't have the means to get the tools I needed.

I'm kinda like a ghost on avatar sites. I'll talk but then disappear so i don't have any contact with past friends
as i wasn't social enough to make friends. lol.
I also flee communities fairly easily. If things feel too taxing mentally for me or i just don't feel i have friends
or going to make any, then i just bail. I am a lone bat 90% of my life lol. Even in RL. lol.

It's Not really an art tutorial. I am only following an artist's advice they gave their watchers on their stream as it's way too hard for me to do gesture drawing because it feels i have to se all my energy just to draw/sketch out one. So she said you can just focus on one part of the body like eyes/faces, or in my case hands/arms as I struggle with those the most. But because i have severe allergies[like swollen and very red eye i could barely see out of]
I haven't started on what I'm supposed to do.
For me I'm not sure i'd be ideal to make the draw this in your style challenge because right now i just can't stand to look at my own work.
Other users in this thread can host their own challenge if they wish.
I just don't think i have any ideas that are more than just a small idea.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 19:47:09 )
@MoodyBats: Definitely remember to take breaks then. There's no shame in giving yourself some downtime to recharge

Gesture drawing where some of my faves in figure drawing. You kinda have to turn off your brain and just do it. Start with some stick people just to get the line action down and work your way up to block people and then "real" gesture drawing. A big thing people forget in life drawing are warm ups. 3-4 10min garbage drawings are expected. This can totally apply to just one body part too

I was thinking more along the lines of something from a fashion show or maybe a screenshot. Maybe you could have a call for other artists submit their work for a draw this in your style tho?

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 20:11:53 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Lilykin: I need a year long recharge it feels like.
I've taken a month off but just not sure if I'm fully recharged since i have a lot to get done.

Yeah. For me their just really exhausting to draw even if their just 3-5 minute gestures.
I have very limited stamina right now. So for now only hands and arms for one month and moving on to another body part
is how I'll be doing it.

I think that would be a redraw instead of a draw this in your style challenge
I'll just see what other users would want to do. Though i don't think I'll be doing challenges or anything
anytime soon. I might do it later in the year near winter or something starting in the fall
as i have a lot of challenging things RL at the moment.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 23:00:06 )
@MoodyBats: I feel that. Need me two-three years maybe lol. I'll think on the challenges and see if I can't come up with something (tho if and end up moving it might be a couple of months XP )

Oof, I gotta push this last little bit on this doll. It's taken twice as long as I thought D:

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 23:21:29 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Lilykin: for real life is stressful.

I do want to do a draw this in your style possibly for my birthday.
Which is the end of the year so maybe I'll host something along those lines.
I'll also try to come up with things.

What kind of doll is it?

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 23:30:53 )
@MoodyBats: Yeah, b-day draw sounds great!

It's an amigurumi doll from this pattern. Different colors tho

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 23:33:17 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Lilykin: Yup no idea what else to do.
My birthdays are usually terrible tho so we'll see what i decide for it.
as i don't want to do too much as my depression hits really hard during winter.

Ah i see, very cute.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 02:10:25 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

Oh boy, I sure don't like doing shading sometimes. ( o - o ; )

Also good morning everyone, how are you all doing?

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 03:02:29 )

im currently shading/rendering rn and i'm just. suffering but it's also kinda fun bc i'm not rushing it

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 03:23:06 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

I see and it's good that you're not rushing as long as you're doing it at your own pace. :o

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 04:44:12 )
@pachi: I'm still waiting on that computer that's supposed to do everything for me lmao

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 04:54:45 )

no spoiler wip 🤪

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 05:20:40 )
Oooh pretty blues
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 18:11:02 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Finally didn't have vertigo all throughout the night
so I feel very well rested and have enough energy to work on my hand studies.

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 19:33:52 )
@moodybats: heck yeah!!

if you don't mind sharing 'em i'd love to see, i'm always a big fan of seeing sketches and studies

super nice job with the colors too @pachi !

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 19:38:34 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Addy: these studies i won't be sharing sorry.
I can barely draw hands. :vanora_sweat:

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 19:54:10 )
@moodybats: by the end you'll be a pro B)

no worries!! i just like seeing progress stuff. i should be doing studies today too :o but for now i'm gonna be working on finallyyyy getting my website together
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.