Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Moody's Bat Cave

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/11 16:57:23 )
@lilykin: I'm a bit late, but I'm using Squarespace! I was using Neocities (my current site is in that) but you have to code it 100% yourself which I realized after two years, I'll never have the time to do. Squarespace just lets me drag and drop.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/11 19:59:28 )
@Keturah:
@ChiffonOrange: Thank you! That means a lot to hear about my old ass art lmao TTwTT
Also FireAlpaca was my favorite of all the freeware I tried. It felt very intuitive and custom brushes are cinch to make. But I would absolutely recommend investing CSP if you haven't already. They usually run a great black friday/cyber monday sale

@pachi: *slaps a follow down*

@MoodyBats: Np! Just wanted to throw out some options

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/11 20:01:19 )
@keturah: ooh that's really nice, i love how the rendering is coming along :O

also I second Lilykin, CSP is fantastic stuff. i splurged on the EX version for animation support. i haven't done anything with it yet but i'm happy it's there, haha

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/11 20:06:15 )
@Keturah: Very fancy!

@Addy: I keep going back and forth, I think I may settle on carrd. I used to know how to code but I just can't keep up nowadays

-shakes cane at technology- Back in my day we didn't have none of this "Cascading Style Sheets"! You copy pasted it all by hand!

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/11 20:24:52 )
@lilykin: SERIOUSLY CSS WAS WHERE IT ALL CRUMBLED DOWN FOR ME

i was a master at HTML, i hand-coded so many websites on Geocities and could literally do it without even looking up tutorials. by the end, though, CSS is just a confusing mess... but i am glad it exists because once you know what you're doing it's very powerful. i, however, am not that powerful :'D

i only just heard of carrd recently - I will give it a peek!
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/11 20:37:26 )
@Addy: Carrd is more if you want a landing page. Tho you can set it up like @pachi: and have a gallery. Which is the direction I wanna go. It's not really set up for a store tho which I do eventually want so I can move off of etsy
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/11 20:57:25 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Finally my clothes have been shipped.
So excited!

For website, i have Wix which lets me have my own store within it.
which is pretty cool.
I can't wait to make my stickers through sticker app.

Not sure if anyone will buy one of them but the holographic type will go with it SO well.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/11 23:50:15 )

thanks y'all :'D

@Keturah: ooOooO lightingggg

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/12 10:27:52 )
@addy:
@pachi:
bABES
Thank you so much omg, I'm like the slowest artist alive but I'm glad It's coming out well LOL
uwu<3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/12 13:45:19 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@Keturah: *sends a thousand of hearts to your art* Perfection. ( o w o )/ <3

Also sorry if I didn't noticed before :viosweat:

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/12 14:38:33 )
@ChiffonOrange
Awhh bless you!
No worries, haha! It was hard to see as it was at the top of a new page!
I'm so glad you like it so far,

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/12 14:46:18 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@Keturah: You're welcome ^^ and strangely I didn't see a ping notification for some reason xD but that doesn't matter anyway

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/12 15:00:47 )
@chiffonorange:
From my last post??
my last one I tried typing your username as It wouldn't come up when I started typing 'ch' so maybe that's why?
bless ya tho!

how are you doing this fine day?~

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/12 15:05:59 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@Keturah: Yeah, ah I think I know why :o It's probably because you didn't typed ':' after that, but no worries since it's a small matter. And bless you too ^^

I'm doing okay so far, though I have mixed feelings about my artstyle sometimes. :x How about you?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/12 15:19:06 )
@chiffonorange:
OH OOPS, silly me!!! you're right xD
I'll remember that for future, haha.

Awhh how comes?
Art style is definitely one of those things a lot of us artists can relate to. I remember always feeling so nervous and unsure of my style for a long time!!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/12 15:26:35 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@keturah: I see. Well, it's quite a long story. I feel like my art style isn't semi-realisitc or pretty, sometimes I have random imaginations on how people would react to my artstyle, I would probably imagine them saying "it's not anime-looking, cartoony or realistic enough". Not to mention I kinda like giving characters (especially when it comes to my OCs) a bit different facial features, etc. (body shapes included) just to make them stand out.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/12 15:47:56 )
@chiffonorange:
What do YOU want from your work?
Like when you look at amazing artists on social media, what style are you drawn to most?
There's a lot more to art than semi realism and some amazing artists out there who do more cartoony or more anime-inspired styles.
The best thing to do is find artists you love the work of and try and work out why!
Any style can have different facial and body features, it just takes more effort and time to practice which is sometimes why there are artists who find a great style, face and body shapes that works for them but don't try anything outside of that.
///so sorry if this is me repeating stuff you already know!!///

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/12 15:58:03 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@Keturah: *deep thinking* Hmmm... For me, it's mostly a mixture between cartoony and anime-inspired. I did lurked on some artists' drawings on Twitter (despite not having an account there) and sometimes I observed on how they draw or usually admire the way they draw and thanks for the advice, Keturah. And it's okay, I don't mind ^^

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/12 16:06:18 )
@chiffonorange:
It would be worth getting an account either on twitter or instagram just to follow artists who inspire you, especially those in the style you want to aim towards. That way you can take tips from their style, say if you felt you wanted to do detailed hair, how does your favourite artist do that? Take a look at their work and try and understand what tools they used and recreate it in your own work!
All artists find their style from copying aspects from other artists that inspire them.

if you don't want to use instagram or twitter then pintrest is another great site you can pin art/photos/any posts from other people and come back to when you need inspiration. Only pintrest doesn't aways credit the original artist!
( ✧≖ ͜ʖ≖)
art dump ll instagram ll twitter

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/12 16:14:00 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@Keturah: Ah I see. *nods* Oh, I used Pinterest (a little bit) as a source of inspiration or references on clothes (especially historical clothing). Maybe I should install an app of it just in case and sadly this is true as not lot of users credit the original artist when they used said artist's drawings so I feel really disappointed at them for not crediting the original artists. :c

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.