Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Moody's Bat Cave

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/2 10:39:48 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

*floats around like a ghost*

Morning all. Oh wait, it's evening and soon to be night time in my timezone lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/2 10:48:54 )
Good evening, Orange!!!

Hope you had a great day~

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/2 10:51:55 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

Ah good morning to you as well, Keturah ^^

And thank you, I wish the same to you too c:

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/2 10:56:45 )
Thank you so much!!
I'm back to work today and trying not to do my wrist in with overuse but I am wayyy behind with my work
xD

What time is it for you? Where do you live?!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/2 11:02:24 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

You're welcome ;3

And I see, make sure you have to remind yourself not to overdo it and take a break if you feel unwell :o and it's 6:01pm and I live in Malaysia. Forgot to tell you about it sorry

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/2 11:31:27 )
Awhh!! I know a few people online from Malaysia!
From what they say it sounds hOT!!
But y'all have yummy food I'd love to come eat!

no worries omg! My bad for not asking sooner!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/2 11:45:21 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

I see :o, and yeah it is lol we don't have any season so it's just the humid weather and occasionally (and unexpected) rain. You should try one someday! There's a variety of food from different culture here so I can't describe all of them lol

Alright and it's okay, it's not your fault. *sends you a virtual hug*

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/2 11:49:27 )
Yeahh!!
As a British person the humidity would be what kills me first xD
I'm excited to meet my partners family but also expect to absolutely die from the heat in Vietnam

I bet!! I love that the boarders of a lot of asian countries overlap so the cultural food is often similar but all have their own twists on things!
I think I just love how different the food is from British food, plus I've been eating mum's cooking (my partners mum) for the last 7 years so I'm obvs a massive fan xD

I wanna save up and travel all over eventually!! I think first up is Japan as we've both wanted to go there for years!
Have you ever visited countries near you? or even far?!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/2 11:56:53 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

True, I dislike the humidity despite living in a country where humidity is expected and be better sure to go buy a fan or bottled water to cool down in case if it's too hot. And I see, it's true every food has their own ways of making the food taste good and may I ask what does British food supposed to taste like? Sorry if the question seems out of place. :viosweat:

Woah, you have a very big dream (or goal?) there and I admire you +.+ Oh, I lowkey wanted go to Japan too and maybe Italy or perhaps UK someday. And sadly no, I haven't travelled far except Singapore which is closer to Malaysia but I don't think that counts since I went there with my family by car ; - ;

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/2 12:04:09 )
I'm ganna have to buy all the water and fans!
I feel bad for my partner because I'm SUPER pale so I sweat a LOT when it gets hot

No worries about the question! British food is very varied as we're super culturally diverse, at least where I live (London). Traditional foods are more like pies, mash potatoes, gravy, sausages, chips ect but we usually eat a lot of other cultural foods like stir fry, curries, pasta, spaghetti ect but usually they're not like the original cultural dishes. So trying foods from the countries origins is so cool as it often is done very differently!

Yes!!!
I'd love to see other countries and their beautiful places! Plus so many countries have delicious food I want to eat xD
Italy is gorgeous! I love how historical a lot of Europe feels with their old buildings and churches!
I think it still counts!! That's so cool you could drive there!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/2 12:30:39 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

Yeah! And same, excessive sweating sucks no matter what you wear to make yourself comfortable in a hot cilmate Dx

I see *nods* That sounds nice and comfy and yep, most people who try food from any country due to curiosity. Ah I see :o And true, I like their historical buildings too as it feels like I'm in a different era and I would like to see them in person someday. :3

Oh, alright then. True, you can drive there since they have bridge connected from Woodlands to Johor Bahru but driving there is quite a hassle compared to taking a bus or train as you'll often encounter very long queues whether in arrival or going back, especially on holidays which would make the traffic already bad enough.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/2 14:11:02 )
Yess!!!
I'm also worried about what to wear in terms of what's deemed appropriate.
Not that I wear skimpy outfits but it's hot so I'm worried skin showing off vs being too hot is something I'll have to consider and I don't wanna be silly or rude ;w;;

I hope you're able to go visit places one day!!! They're definitely worth it!
I want to go back to Greece! I only went to a small island called Zakynthos and we stayed on the non-party side and visited the blue caves! The waters so clear there and the rocks are white so the water just glows in the sun! It's so pretty! I'd love to see other natural and historical areas of Greece!

Oh nooo!!
It's so cool you have a bridge between countries but I can't imagine waiting in queue in a hot car for potentially hourss!!
;___;;

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/2 14:43:53 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

Ah true, it depends on which places you're going to and if it's a temple or a fancy place, it's better to cover them up (mostly the chest, torso and lower body) but you don't have to cover up most of your skin unless you're religious ^_^;

Thanks and that's very cool! If I could recall my memory even though I didn't went there, one of my aunts went to Greece but she didn't say which city besides Athens. :o Though she did brought some souvenirs (mostly the magnets for refrigerators) from her trip.

Yeah, it really sucks though and I doubt I could stay calm while waiting in queue for ungodly hours either Dx // Sorry for the late reply

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/2 17:22:21 )
That's true!! I guess I'd rather be modest then accidentally expose too much! It's probably why I like long skirts so much xD
That's good to keep in mind tho!

Oooo I'd love to visit Athens! I'd love just to see the historical places, though I do fear the main sites would be so touristy! It'd probably be a good idea for us both to do research on lesser known areas to visit too !

Omg nooo!! Sorry for my late reply!
You were actually pretty quick

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/2 19:59:42 )

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/3 09:10:49 )
O ya I forget I can drop art here

@pachi:
THAT'S SO COOL THOO
I love how the brush you use looks so inky!!! adds that nice detail to the sketches!
* 7 *

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/3 09:14:17 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

Oh my, sure is quiet today. Btw, I love both of your sketches from y'all c:

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/3 09:27:08 )
Ikr!!
It feels so empty today but I don't mind it too much
feels a bit relaxing as sometimes I find it a bit overwhelming if there's like 3 convos going on at once

thank you so much!!
The face looks a lil funny cus it's uncoloured, I'm kinda laughin at it but my commissioner loves it so far so I'm happy!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/3 09:33:02 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

Haha same xD it'd be better if you had someone to talk with at least so you won' get too bored.

You're welcome! And I don't think there's anything wrong with it since you did say it's uncoloured, and congrats :3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/3 09:50:37 )
oh definitely!!
At least we have each other xD

Aww yee!
I can't wait to colour it!

are you working on anything new?~
( ✧≖ ͜ʖ≖)
art dump ll instagram ll twitter

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.