Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Should I pursue writing a story?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 03:46:02 )
I apologize if this doesn't seem to be right place to talk about. And I've been wondering if I should write a story since I lowkey wanted to try it. Even if my writing skill isn't the best.

If I do, I would prefer to use illustrations (my own drawings, just in case) for the stories I write (if I ever write one) but I'm very hesitant and I tend to feel rather insecure about my drawing/writing skill.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you and sorry for wasting your time

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 03:53:40 )
@ChiffonOrange: the answer is always yes when asking if you ought to write. even if it is just for yourself, you must write. it is so liberating to put down your thoughts to paper and paint a picture with a pen. as for your insecurities, we are always our harshest critics. do it. go all the way with it, even if only to say that you did it. believe in yourself. you got this!

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 03:53:40 )
@ChiffonOrange: Nah those feelings are normal OuO If you want to write, then you can start practising them from scratch! My story writing ability isnt great either cos there are so much story writing fundamentals that is needed to be minded of so the whole story will have much beef content to read at.

Having your own illustrations is a plus too! you can do practise both art and writing since your dream is having your novel made right?

I believe that there are many people in here who loves to write stories, my advise is that if you are going to start the grind of writing, be with a crowd/community of people who will able to teach you what you need to build up a story. Im gonna state this again in case anyone forgets about this fact that: first step towards something you wanna do is always will be the most difficult. That first step is the most crucial thing so you would want to have constant moral support to your trusted peers until when you got it passed, you have gotten used to the writing lifestyle and the feelings will not as easily wont let you swayed from doing your dream again.

I hope it helps!
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 04:07:46 )
We always need more creators in the world. Write your stories.

My only advice is to not make your magnum opus your first work (or even your second or third). That's the surest way to early burnout.
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 04:22:35 )
@Xanthan: I see and you're right. *nods* Thank you ^^

@Kairu: Hmm... I wouldn't say it's my dream (although I had plently of ideas to start a story but didn't even plan out well) but it's more of ummm how do I add this? It's mainly for myself ^_^; And I see. Thanks!

@Lilykin: True. *nods* I had to look up what magnum opus means (sorry if English isn't my first language) and I see. :o

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 09:05:24 )
@ChiffonOrange: it can be hard for me sometimes surrounded by so many artists here. but it took time for me to realize, i am an artist too. my words may never grace a novel, nor a literary magazine. but they are my words and when i put pen to paper, they are liberated. most people have not seen even a tenth of what i write. but that is ok, it isn't for them. let your soul spill over and onto the page through your writing and art. even if just for yourself. you deserve it and you'll feel better.
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 12:24:26 )
ALWAYS DO THE THING. If you feel like you should do something, go for it. Those "but"s are always going to be there. For me its I should draw BUT I have no good ideas, BUT I'm not as good as I want to be, BUT I'm not inspired etc... What I should focus on, and probably you should to is: BUT I really need to if I want to get better, BUT it will make me happy to accomplish something, BUT everyone is usually impressed by whatever I do. Take a chance, do the thing, be happy about life <3
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 12:58:33 )
@Bioshock: *nods* I see, I also think smaller projects are better than bigger projects

@Glume: Thank you for the advice ^^ I shall take a mental note from this

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/9 17:26:43 )
Hello chiffon.. yes I think you should write a story.. do what you're heart desires xD I used to love writing stories haven't done it in a long time though.. good luck with the new story (if you decide to write one)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/9 17:28:04 )

Well you can start writing some short stories first?
That's what I do (♡˙︶˙♡)

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.