Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2019 Event Freebies - Art Roulette

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 03:00:30 )

Tsundererra:
[size=8]
[color=#19B2FF]TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@TeaTales: I think not being able to remember faces is another problem, I forgot what the proper term is called. The only time I see anything in my mind is when I’m dreaming. Like if you tell me to picture an apple, there’s nothing. Just blank visually and hearing myself say apple mentally. xD

@Lina: It’s something people don’t know they have until someone else mentions it, and it sucks when they find out. I found out about it last year when I wanted to learn how to do lucid dreaming, and one of the related vids was about aphantasia. Luckily, as artists, we can train our muscle memory so that we’re not completely reliant on references. :3

( ) DERE DERE DERE

This. I have this xD[/color]
[/size]

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 03:17:26 )

Get some sleep kiwiwiwi.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 03:19:02 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I don’t think it’s super common, but there are definitely a lot more people out there who have it and don’t know they have it. It’s a pretty new thing we’re aware of now, so who knows how many people really have it. T^T I just wish there was a way to fix it.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 03:19:38 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Go rest up Kiwi~ Hope you feel betters. ):

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 03:20:25 )
Being outside in halloweeen costumes that are thin.. yeah that was my situation last friday when I was at a halloween parade. dresssed as a zombie: thin worn down pants with bloodsplattter on them and on top: a thin knitted , but with a few holes and aso a lot of bloodsplatter ( making me look like I had just held a dead animal from a buther store or something.. It was cold as long I didnt move. though my hans was a different case, they were cold no matter what. ( even got complain ingame the day afte that my hands are cold XD to which I ould say " well. I'm a vampire, I dont except my body to be pumping blood around anymore to keep my core warm. Then closest will happen when I feed. " )

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 03:26:44 )

That sounds super frustrating. I have a hard time imagining it at all honestly because I think so much in images rather than words. =(

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 03:29:52 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I’m so jealous of that~ Like I love seeing images when I dream, and I was mad jealous hearing people can do that automatically when they’re awake too. )’:

( ) DERE DERE DERE

3 2 4
skettiyeti generated a random number between 1 and 6; Resulting In 3
Donator — They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 03:32:29 )

This is so fun!

I kinda wanna do a giveaway too. I love it!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 03:34:33 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

From what I’ve read online, some people can kinda make out the shape but it’s fuzzy, but for me it’s like nothing but the voice in my mind.

But at least I understand what they mean now when they used to tell us to close our eyes and imagine stuff in elementary school. xD Like I would just say the word over and over in my mind. I feel mad stupid thinking back on it.

Hopefully they’ll be able to do more studies on this to find out why some people have this and if it can be fixed.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 03:36:20 )

On the flip side sometimes I struggle to speak words because I don't think in them. It takes me a hot second to put it all together and complicated thoughts take a LONG TIME.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 03:36:54 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I wonder if it has to do with certain parts of the brain being off when I’m awake vs sleeping. I just wish I could punch my brain and get it working like how it’s supposed to. xD

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 03:38:18 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Omg Pie, that sounds so interesting to me. My brain can’t even wrap around how something like that can happen since all it knows are words. ToT

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 03:44:17 )

Like two sides of the same coin.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 03:45:47 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Pie, if we can meld our brains, maybe we can balance each other out. xD GIVE ME YOUR MIND IMAGES.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 03:59:08 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I’m not bothered by the questions at all~ ^^

So when I was an art student an eternity ago, I found out that with still life and photo realism I was stronger than my peers, but when it came to making original stuff, I took longer because I needed to find so many references. (I honestly thought I had some kind of learning disability, but only for art T^T)

I have muscle memory when it comes to posing the body, so I can quickly sketch that in, but when it comes to refining the details like the position of the hands/fingers, the shading, the clothes, head positioning, I have to look at multiple references just to make sure everything is ok. I never straight out draw from my references, but use them as a guide and correct the initial base sketch I did.

The video that I watched that made me discover I had aphantasia was another artist talking about it, and my process is similar to her’s. She explains it better than I can too, so here’s the link if you’re interested. It’s a cute cartoony vid too. :3

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 04:00:49 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

omg Goblin, we watched the same vid!!! Dying~
But yeaaaah, on the aphantasia subreddit, I found out we come in different levels. x__x

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 04:20:47 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I’m glad that video was the way I found out because it was another artist being like “it’s not a death sentence! You can still do it! You just have to work a little harder.” :3 There’s an artist in dreamworks who has it too, so it can’t hold you back if you work hard enough.

It sounds like your dad prolly had it too, and you lucked out by not getting it. But who knows, it might not be a genetic trait and maybe something else.

It’s always amazing how little we know about the brain even in 2019. Like it was only 60 years ago we would give people with depression and autism lobotomies and electroshock therapies. Glad we’ve come a long way from that, but there’s still more to find out.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 04:25:02 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Omg, thank you Goblin~ It’s why I’m always self-conscious about my art because what if I fucked up something bad because I overlooked the reference for it. xD

I’m curious how it would be if I could still see some images, but struggle to fully visualize things. Like would it help make it easier to draw shiet? Would it frustrate me?

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 04:29:18 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Omg, you worded that so beautifully. xD That’s the driving force behind everything. ANXIETY BEHIND THE UNKNOWN AND GETTIN’ DEM FACTS BY FORCE.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 04:38:08 )
Barges straight into the conversation

On the flip side of frustration and art and visualization-

I have a FABULOUS imagination and can visualize all sorts of amazing things.
When I read, it's like a movie. The words disappear and I'm just watching the events unfold.
BUT
My brain can't get my hand to make the things.
It's extremely frustating to see and make cool things in my head that I can't share with anyone else.

Although, I can't imagine not seeing images in my head. That blows my mind.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.