Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — Burnt Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 07:47:29 )
Has anyone seen any of the remakes of older shows?
Girls Meet World, Fuller House, That so Raven
Just to name some, but what do you think so far?

Even just of movies but making them more modern.

I haven't seen the that so Raven one yet, but the other 2 I have. Didn't really care for Girl Meets World, but Fuller House is good. But they will never beat the originals.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 17:25:28 )
Well technically the ones you listed aren't remakes, they're sequels. Neither Boy Meets World nor Full House were strong favorites of mine, didn't know about the That's So Raven one though.
I am really interested in watching the DuckTales reboot though, I keep hearing good things.

Voltie — Burnt Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 19:17:32 )
Oh well thanks. Haha I am terrible at finding the right word to use. Oh i didn't know about DuckTales though. I think they are doing Rockos Modern Life too?

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 22:13:52 )
I...have such mixed feelings about re-boots. They're hit or miss. Largely, they're money grabs, particularly in the film industry. Sometimes, they can be genuinely great media that at least meet up to the standards and canon of the original, which subsequently breathe much-needed new life into a stale franchise. You see this a lot with cartoons, though as kids we're sort of conditioned in such a way that we don't really notice or even care. (It could also be said that plenty of cartoons released around the 90s/2000s were spinoffs.) Scooby Doo is a series that really sticks out to me in this regard, as I can personally recall watching at least 3-4 different versions of it as a kid; Transformers as well. Some of these versions were great while some suffered from strange animation styles or poor writers. Teen Titans Go! suffers from both. c':
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie — Burnt Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 04:00:16 )
Ohh though I love Scooby Doo. Maybe not the newer version, but olders yes!
But I agree with what you're saying. A lot of cartoons that had like violence such as teen titans don't really have it anymore. It is more based on life lessons than getting some action out of it now.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 05:51:06 )
I haven't seen or even heard of any of the shows you listed but I have seen a bunch of reboots. Imo they're hit or miss, most of the time the come off as desperate money grabs, though it works in some cases.

If they rebooted my favourite shows tho idk how I would feel... I'm more a fan of new ideas and new creativity rather than going back and rehashing older stuff :)

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 20:30:34 )
@Burntcicle: They are rebootin Rocko's Modern Life, and the Animaniacs are getting a reboot too. Luckily with Animaniacs a lot of the original folks, including Steven Spielberg, are going to have a hand in it. Worst comes to worst with that one, a lot of the more 'offensive' bits of the show will get cleaned out.

Just saw that The Heathers is getting a tv series reboot. From the trailer I just watched they totally missed the point of the movie. Could be fine like the Teen Wolf series (which is just something entirely different with only the names being the same).

Voltie — He/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/30 23:24:37 )
I saw a lot of Girl Meets World when we had basic cable. I wasn't a fan, but I really liked the main actress. I haven't seen the other ones yet, sadly. But I like Raven, so I'm glad she's working on Disney again.
Gender Fluid (He/they) | Asexual | Married | Jewish
❤Elithiya~!❤
Art Shop

Donator — nyan? Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 02:43:28 )
I feel like remakes aren't always the best idea, as they actually rarely succeed. I heard they were bringing back Will and Grace as well.

sell me rigs please♥

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 02:47:00 )
@Neko: I don't know there have been a few remakes that I really enjoyed. Like: Flubber, The Nutty Professor, and You've Got Mail.

Voltie — Burnt Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 05:19:39 )
They are either a hit or miss. I like the idea of reliving my childhood through tv shows but sometimes it is better not to.
Though them turning disney movies into real live people is cool. I've been enjoying them, but i do wish we would just stick to being creative

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 09:37:31 )
i wish they would chill on the remakes and reboots.
id like to see some original content and things that aren't thrown together for money.
some reboots have been good. but mostly theyre eh.

ping me
Art in sig by Seo
Art in post by Cedes
Hangout

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.