Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Strangest thing you've eaten and/or drunk?

Voltie — BetaTester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 18:00:51 )
The strangest thing I've ever eaten and drunk was Green Tea Ice Cream A & W Root Beer Float.

I bought the Green Tea ice cream and A & W Root Beer. I combined them in a glass to make an ice cream float. The ice cream was eaten and the root beer was drunk so that's the strangest thing I've ever eaten and drunk. Green Tea ice cream A & W Root Beer Float tasted okay but it's not something I'd like to eat and drink again.

So Volties, what's the strangest thing you've eaten and/or drunk?
Current avatar: Emmett Khan, Master of the Golden Keyblade.

Do you play RuneScape?

My DeviantArt Gallery:
EmmettKhan.DeviantArt.com

Donator — - Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 21:21:11 )
My ex was Japanese and she got me to try some of the more stranger cuisine...well, strange to Americans. I've had octopus and Eel. Also, I'm from Ireland and there are foods I like that are strange to Americans. I like black pudding (look it up. I won't say it here as it could be upsetting for vegans) and I like haggis (which I know everyone associates with Scotland but the Irish eat it to).

@Lily: Scrambled eggs is great with ketchup.

Donator — 404Error Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 21:24:20 )
I eat everything at least once so I guess what some people think is weird I like lol.
Some things I like others think is weird:
Hagas
Muendo
Cow tounge/brain tacos
Blood sausage
And many other things lol
I'm a weird guy with an iron stomach and I will try anythjng :)

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 21:27:55 )
Man trying to think of what it could be.. Because I have a bad memory and bad understanding what isn't normal, I'm going to say when I was a kid my dad would used to make us "peanut butter and butter sandwiches" which is exactly what it sounds like and probably isn't too weird but the idea puts me so off now....

@Lily: Wait like... it's not normal to eat eggs with ketchup? That's the only way I can eat them...
later.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 22:16:34 )
@Shamrock Shamus: I used to love black pudding but I went off it for some reason.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 22:26:34 )
When I was younger, my sisters and a few kids my mom babysat, as well as myself, decided to play the 'find random things in the kitchen and make an icky drink out of it' game. That is probably, to this day, the strangest thing I've ever had to drink lol.
|

Donator — - Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 22:36:14 )
Oh, I forgot to mention, I've also had Crubeens, which is boiled pigs feet (wasn't a fan of it though).
My late wife was from Iceland and she liked Hakarl, which is fermented shark meat. It's supposedly got such a pungent odor that at restaurants, its served with a lid on it and you only take the lid off to take a bite, then you put it back on. It's an acquired taste, apparently. I've never tried it though but its weird, so I wanted to mention it.

@Lily: Hehe, I am crazy. : P

@Kitten: Ahh, that's a shame. You should try it again? If you can stand it anymore, that is. It's good.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 22:42:50 )
@Shamrock Shamus: I might have to! It's not often I get a chance to try it but it may end up on my shopping list now haha

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 22:55:35 )
I guess jellyfish and menudo are considered strange. :p As for drinks... well Dr Pepper used to have a cherry chocolate flavor that was pretty weird, haha.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 23:32:01 )
I've had Eel, for Americans that's probably pretty weird.
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — He/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 23:40:01 )
As a child I had Pica, so the strangest things I ate were notebook paper, the sleeves of my shirts (one thread at a time), woven blankets, and pool noodles (the Styrofoam ones).
Gender Fluid (He/they) | Asexual | Married | Jewish
❤Elithiya~!❤
Art Shop

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 00:20:52 )

[x]

pls don't

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 01:36:44 )
when i was in school i would eat my sherbet with chocolate milk in it.

ping me
Art in sig by Seo
Art in post by Cedes
Hangout

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 02:00:38 )
So time to tell a tale of weird food.

My father is of the old school so obviously one of his favourite meals is of the old school too. A meal I had serveral times as a kid, but definitly didn't like. We talk pigfeet that have been boiled in vinegar, then fried briefly at th bottom of the soup pot to then add a mixture of vinegar and water/broth, added a few carrots; here ya go pigfeet soup

I've also been eating 'sylte' ( basically the fat/meat from a pighead ) very traditional stuff to eat during christmas in Denmark ( nd apparently also Norway )

Oh and to not forget roasted grasshoppers, they actually tasted surprisingly good, sorta like fried chicken.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 04:22:07 )
Horse meat

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 04:39:28 )
For drank: Chocolate soda (will never make that mistake again)
For ate: Haggis. =w= so ew.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 04:42:02 )
Congealed lamb bones with orzo. I didn't realise what it was until I'd eaten it for supper several times. Also fishfingers with Brussel sprouts, pretty gross but I still ate it.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 11:33:16 )
Honestly, I generally don't get too wild with my food (and "weird/strange" food combos are a lot harder to come by when you don't eat meat generally), so my weirdest is probably peanut butter and cheddar grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. And yes, I dip my sandwiches in the soup. That or apple pie with cheddar melted on it with vanilla ice cream on top.

Voltie — She/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 02:52:19 )
Eaten: toss up between Chapul Aztec bar(protein bar/brownie made with Cricket flour) and a stick of Alligator jerky. both were delicious though

Drank: again a toss up between a Smurf float(Mountain Dew Voltage with vanilla ice cream) and what i call The Space out, a drink made from the following; Monster, 5 hour energy, concentrated Chamomile tea, concentrated Green Tea, Espresso, and Coconut water...you wanna talk about some dreams...wowsers XD

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 02:57:52 )
@DeimosPoe24: Holy shit The Space Out sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.