Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Lying about your age

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 11:46:47 )

So yeh I am on tumblr and I share the content I make for the sims over there. Yesterday an incident poppup up where someone claimed to be 22 when they where 29. They claimed they wanted to fit in with the younger/minor ones. When most of her content is NSFW and not suitable for the people she want's to connect with. She did wrote a apology but it was hella defensive and she still sees nothing wrong with her actions.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 12:20:13 )
On the one hand, I always assume everyone on the internet is lying about SOMETHING.... but at the same time I pride myself in the dirty dirty truth, and I know I'm not the only person who lives their life that way... I guess I just have much higher standards of behavior for real life vs the internet. But STILL, if you're doing business (even if the service you offer is free) you should definitely want to earn a good reputation and lying is not a great way to do so.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 14:24:27 )
Eh? I mean, 22 is still an adult and people at that age are appropriate for adult content, so that's a bizarre age to pick if she had nefarious purposes. Like... A 22 year old doing anything with a 17 year old isn't any better than a 29 year old, why even.
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 15:22:24 )
I'm with Glume honestly, as far as I'm concerned, everyone is lying about something... xD People do funny things for strange reasons. NGL, I used to lie about my age too just cause nobody ever wanted to be friends with a dorky 11-year-old...now I'm just like, shoot, I could have been a prodigy. xD Not really.

But...anyway, which Sims game do you make CC for? Cause I play 2 like it's going out of style and am reinstalling 3. cB Might be relevant to my interests. xD

please ping me if you need my attention! || stardust || be excellent to each other &hearts;

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 16:28:15 )

@Vii: I make CC for the Sims 4. I haven't played Sims 2 for ages.

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 18:55:45 )
I feel like people learn a lot when they get out of college, maybe that's where the motivation is.

People are weird.

I'll have to check our ur tumblr.
Ping me

Donator — Artist Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 20:49:22 )

xD Take everything with a grain of salt o3o
Ping me if needed

I do pixels. check my shop

Donator — nyan? Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 21:50:08 )
neko says;
Lying is still lying, no matter what your excuse for it is.

sell me rigs please♥

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/1 20:25:54 )
@vengeance: What CC have you made?
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/1 20:59:45 )

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/12 02:17:17 )

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/14 18:41:30 )
Usually in my experience is the other way around - children lying about being either +13 or +18
Sometimes its children under 13 claiming to be +18 because kids are curious and attracted by the "taboo", "forbidden" things only adults can see and talk about. I don't think I ever used adult sites as a minor, I was a good kid, or that when im 30+ im going to lie about bein younger
My aunt used to play this local game called conquiztador and i would too when i was in hs, but my aunt is 40 yrs older than me so to fit in with the crowd she would lie abt her age if asked, but there was nothing adult in nature about the game, actually if i think about it now it was an educational game
tumblr.
literally always ping me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.