Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 05:05:21 )
@Apollo im burning: I'm finding Russian is the easiest language for me, the sentence structure is so basic and I can actually pronounce it correctly without a lot of practice. Sire keeps making fun of me because I keep adding a French accent when I try speaking Japanese orz

It's very difficult but it's been a lot of fun! I'm not looking forward to trying to learn Kanji though.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 05:47:52 )
I'm only fluent in English. In the past I was somewhat able to keep a conversation in broken French going. But after so long of not using it I barely know a handful of words. I would love to learn Spanish, ASL, and Korean.
Please @ me.
My mind wanders so that ensures I come back.

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 08:37:08 )
i only speak english. and i know a a few words in other languages but yeah.
i am learning American Sign Language if that counts though c:

ping me
Art in sig by Seo
Art in post by Cedes
Hangout

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 08:46:08 )
@spring: I saw you posted on this on the recent post radar and I said to myself 'it's going to be a programming reference' ... I'm not disappointed. (hell I'd say they count though)
later.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 09:08:43 )
I speak English, but I'm also fluent in the redneck dialect and sarcasm. That said, I am pretty good with German. A little rusty on speaking and verbal understanding, but reading I'm still pretty darn awesome at.
Quest Link
Please Mention. I tend to poof and need reminding.
44.1/50k

Donator — 404Error Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 10:43:56 )
I can only speak English, but I'm learning Spanish. My wife is Mexican and she wants our kids to learn Spanish so I figure it would help if I learn as well :)

Donator — - Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 10:53:47 )
@Zach: My fiancée is Mexican and our 5 year old son is bilingual. She's going to teach our 3 month old (he'll be 4 months on the fifteenth). My oldest will be 20 in two days and her mother, my late wife, was from Iceland and she taught Jaden Icelandic. She only spoke to our daughter in Icelandic and Jaden had to speak to Di in just Icelandic as well. Meanwhile, I spoke to Jaden in just English. My advice is start as early as you can. The window of prime opportunity to learn another language is kindergarten or younger because your brain is still making linguistic connections to the world around you.

Donator — 404Error Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 10:56:28 )
What we where thinking of doing is something similar as you did. My wife and her family only speak to the baby in Spanish and me and my family speak to the baby only in English, we figure that would hero the baby learn both.:) None of my wife's siblings have taught their kids Spanish, and I thinks it's important they know

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 11:31:30 )
Only English. When I lived in California I was teaching myself Spanish for a while since it was easy to practice as I lived around a lot of Spanish-speakers, but since I've moved back to my home state I forgot most of what I learned.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 11:36:03 )
@bum: I took French for a couple years in high school and Spanish is WAY easier imo, haha. French was especially hard for me since I'm dyslexic, and French has a ton of words that are written completely different to how they sound. :vanora_sweat:

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 11:42:00 )
@bum: Yeah, I remember that haha. At least Spanish is phonetic, which is great, because even English has a ton of weird words that are hard to spell/pronounce.

Voltie — She/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 07:16:17 )
I speak English but i want to learn Japanese, Russian, Korean and either Welsh or a Conlang like Sindarin

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 03:25:26 )
Wow that is a lot of things that you guys like to learn and speak :vanora_shock:

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 03:27:33 )
Apollo Im Burning:
And what are they? I speak two. Spanish was my first language, but now I just mostly speak English. I can still hold a decent conversation in Spanish, but sooner or later I start reverting to English, lol.

Any languages you want to learn? Personally, I'd love to learn German and Italian. :)

Wow. I want to learn Spanish and Japanese.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 03:33:12 )
I speak danishh and english, ( but also understand a fair deal of german, norweigian, swedish and some japanese ) and are currently selfstudying spanish ^^;

Donator — Demoness Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 04:40:09 )
I speak Swedish, English and is a super beginner at Japanese atm,... Trying to learn lol

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 12:36:48 )
My first language is English but I can speak poor Tagalog and even poorer Chinese Mandarin (but I can understand conversational Tagalog to an extent. I just have issues when I try to speak it). I also learned Japanese for a bit but I haven't been practicing and am super rusty, but I can still read most hiragana characters.

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 21:01:35 )
I can speak a good smattering of German, French, Italian, Japanese, and Croatian. Never had friends or a life growing up so I taught myself things. xD
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/28 08:53:27 )
Apollo Im Burning:
And what are they? I speak two. Spanish was my first language, but now I just mostly speak English. I can still hold a decent conversation in Spanish, but sooner or later I start reverting to English, lol.

Any languages you want to learn? Personally, I'd love to learn German and Italian. :)

I like to learn a few but not too fast. Learning is fun but it will be hard. :vanora_sweat:

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/28 08:55:45 )
I only speak English. I'm learning Spanish right now but... no bueno habla. ;-; not yet. ;-; I'm working really hard at it though.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.