Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts 〰 Cult of the Worm 〰

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 months ago ( 2023/12/15 06:43:51 )
@Alchemists Fire: that is one of my favorite crystals, I have a cough left over from being sick, that wont go away.

Donator Posted 5 months ago ( 2023/12/15 18:38:30 )
@Alchemists Fire: Parents are always hard to shop for! </3 I feel you.
I don't send my parents anything for christmas. ^^' They live far away... or I live far away from them. XDD
They're hard to shop for- same problem. They just get what they need and it's hard to know what they want.

I've got my holiday prep done- I just need to figure out a daycare that's available asap. :c
My husband got a job and my-gosh.... awful timing. =3= glad he'll be working tho. <.< but childcare will eat my paycheck pretty quickly.

Voltie — Mayor Posted 5 months ago ( 2023/12/18 06:02:26 )
@Koah: @Koah: Well hello! -wiggles- How are you, friend?

Voltie Posted 5 months ago ( 2023/12/18 08:16:12 )

Ugh, sorry I've been MIA.
      I've been Christmas shopping and just trying to distract myself from the fact that the holidays kinda do nothing but remind me that I'm a bigger lose than I let on. 😩

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 4 months ago ( 2023/12/21 01:27:11 )
@FUZZY: It's one of my favourites too ♥ Thank you for letting me make the post ^^
I hope your cough is getting better, I miss posting with you!

@Koah: Parents are SO hard to shop for. I ended up kinda giving up on dad and just ordering him a couple of DVDs xD Mom's getting some photo prints, and then I'm gonna write her a card and let her know I'll pay for her to get them framed.
My dad's exactly the same way, he just buys what he wants.

We've got our tree up and a wreath on the door, but that's about it for holiday prep. I guess dad does have the turkey thawing for Sunday, but that's about it. I'm still waiting for gifts to arrive and I think I get to pick up the photo prints tomorrow, so I've still got wrapping to do.

Why are the holidays so stressful as adults?

@Anarchist Beauty: Anaaaa!! I've missed you ♥
I'm sorry the holidays are a bummer for you, but I totally get it, the magic is kinda gone from when we were kids >_<

Voltie Posted 4 months ago ( 2023/12/21 04:13:28 )

@Alchemists Fire: Yeah, my sister and I were talking about that the other day.
      She was like "am I crazy or does Christmas feel off this year?"
      And she's not crazy.
      I have no holiday spirit.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 4 months ago ( 2023/12/21 17:59:01 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Honestly, the last couple Christmases have felt like that to me, I just don't get excited anymore.
We don't see family anymore, and even if we do all my cousins have kids and are so busy watching the kids that I can't talk to them...not that we have much in common anyway

I'm honestly half-tempted to tell my parents that maybe this is the last year we celebrate, because it's just turning into "acquire more stuff day", and dad's so aggressively adamant about cleaning up the house right now that bringing more stuff in seems dumb

Voltie Posted 4 months ago ( 2023/12/21 19:16:56 )

@Alchemists Fire: I feel it. It's just like... What's the point?
      I don't truly need more shit, and most of my family just puts clothes on their list and it just highlights the fuckery of the world right now.
      The magic is no longer there and it's sad.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 4 months ago ( 2023/12/21 19:41:47 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Yeah, I feel exactly the same way.
The worst part is I can feel myself wanting the magic to still be there, but it's just not. I feel like I'm just counting down the days until work starts again

Voltie Posted 4 months ago ( 2023/12/21 23:31:28 )

@Alchemists Fire: I feel that, too.
      Like I want the holiday's to be special and magical but it's all just stress and bullshit.
      Plus there's some family drama going on in addition to the bullshit of everything else and I'm just so freaking over it.
      I want it all to be done and gone and I really wish I could just find a nice job far away and just be gone from the BS.

Donator Posted 4 months ago ( 2023/12/23 18:07:33 )
@Roy: i am excited to get past Christmas this year. ^^'
And how are you Roy?

@Anarchist Beauty: omg i feel you. OTL
Im scraping by to make a Christmas for my kids but mental health and finances are a mess this December.

@Alchemists Fire: did you get your wrapping done ?

Seems like this christmas- we are all struggling. XD

---
I got a full time job which eats up a lot of my week, then my husband got a full time job this Christmas break- daycare is impossible to find during the holidays.
Then we got the stomach flu this week.

I just wanna like ... Run away? XD take a break from my responsibilities and live someone else's life for a bit? But i got kids and dogggggs. =_= and chickens.
#flops

Voltie Posted 4 months ago ( 2023/12/24 08:23:30 )

@Koah: This whole year has been a shit show for me, tbh.
      I am so, so very over it and tbh I am going into 2024 swinging a bat because I am sick and tired of the bullshit.
      I'm seriously hanging by a thread and it's fraying.
      I just want a nice, long vacation, a full body massage, and for someone to put me in a coma for at least a week so I can sleep properly.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 4 months ago ( 2023/12/24 11:34:35 )
@Koah: I did get my wrapping done! I just need to finish either wrapping or decorating a poster tube for my mom, and I need to make her a card as I'm gonna take her to get the prints framed after Xmas =)
Dad's wrapping is done, and was quick and easy cause it was just DVDs xD

@Anarchist Beauty: Oh noo, not family drama, that's the worst, especially during the holidays =(
Vacation and a massage sounds amazing, I wish I could do that for you D:

-grabs Koah's & Ana's hands- lets run away together, I don't want responsibilities or drama either ♥

Voltie Posted 4 months ago ( 2023/12/25 07:41:28 )

@Alchemists Fire: Yes, let's run away.
      Preferably to a country with decent healthcare.
      I hear Germany is pretty nice.

Voltie — Mayor Posted 4 months ago ( 2023/12/25 10:16:32 )
@Koah: @Koah: I'm doing alright, curious what this "Christmas" business is all about

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 months ago ( 2023/12/26 15:58:08 )
@Alchemists Fire: I was busy yesterday, I forgot to come on I hope that everyone had a good holiday

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 4 months ago ( 2023/12/30 10:57:04 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Yeah, I'm okay with that. I think there's a few European countries with decent healthcare.
Just wish I could remember which one it was...Finland? Sweden? Norway? something like that?
Honestly my mom got pretty damn good treatment in England, but that may have had to do with her age...not sure we'd get that lucky being under 50.

@FUZZY: I love your avatar!!! So cool!
I just changed to my Christmas one like the day after Christmas, and now I feel like I need a new years one xDDD

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 months ago ( 2023/12/31 21:51:36 )
@Alchemists Fire: I changed mine into thi because I wanted to wear it for my Birthday but I didnt really come online for my birthday
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 4 months ago ( 2024/01/1 10:56:57 )
@FUZZY: It's really pretty! Looks like a fun avi to celebrate a birthday with =)

I dunno if I'm gonna dress my avi up for new years, considering it's 2 hours into the new year already xD

Also I was bored and bought Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune on my Switch, cause I think my mom might actually play those with me xD
And now to see if I can get to sleep and get up at a decent hour, today's my last day off before going back to work, and I'm soooooooo not ready T_T
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Artist Posted 4 months ago ( 2024/01/1 15:21:23 )
@Anarchist Beauty:
@FUZZY:
@Alchemists Fire:

Love all your avis!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.