Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts 〰 Cult of the Worm 〰

Donator Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/15 04:09:43 )
@Ruby: lmao! Your child has grown! <3 He went from being somewhat feral to enjoying his spoiled prince life. c:

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/15 04:14:00 )
@Koah: hello sorry I napped off and on today.

Donator Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/15 04:16:17 )
@FUZZY: no apologies needed. :3
Sleep is important. I'm glad you could nap today.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/15 04:54:00 )
@Koah: I think that I have been napping for two days, Yesterday I had a bad headache. And the weather should be supper cold but instead it feels super warm out lately

Voltie Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/15 06:38:37 )

Turns out of the sore on my cat is ringworm, the antibiotics aren't going to help.
        Got a friend who used to work in a vet's office and said the antibiotics would make it worse.
        The problem lays in the fact that what I have seen that will work is something called miconazole, but I don't have/can't find answers on if there is a difference between pet safe miconazole and the stuff humans use.
        Because if the stuff that humans use can work, then I can literally go buy some monistat or other vaginal antifungal cream and use that.
        But vet friend went to sleep bc time zones, but hopefully she sees my message tomorrow and gets back to me.
        I also have another friend who has a current vet tech friend and she asked her if there's a difference.
        So I will wait for my answers before doing anything.
        Which means a lot of freaking out bc I'm scared we're going to have to go to the vet and that shit's gonna be like $60+ just for the effing visit. 😭

Donator — THEY/M Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/15 10:40:15 )
@Ruby:
Thank you so much! I love your avatars, they are always so beautifully put together and have a nice flow to them!

@FUZZY:
Absolutely not, I hope that you are free of headaches for a good amount of time.

@lonelylucid:
Welcome back after you had a hiatus! I just saw your art of Roy, super cute! Roy is the best boy~! ^.^

@Koah:
The salad drizzle item works so well with that outfit!

@Anarchist Beauty:
Caffeine is always a hit or miss with ADHD, often, it makes me more sleepy, but, sometimes it works too well and I will be rattling all day long (it stays in the system for an average of 4 hours, for me, I notice it can last anywhere from 6 to 10 hours. The reason melatonin works more in children is that the brain is still developing. I am not a medical professional so I cannot explain the full science or evidence behind it.

Ah yes, I have a few friends who are autistic who tell me the same thing. (Neurodivergent people tend to pick up on when other people are neurodivergent which is sometimes a blessing and sometimes a curse, for myself, I didn't pick up my partner who has ADHD until after they got their diagnosis). It's possible that my parents were offered to get me answers and neglected to do anything about it.

I wouldn't say you are a "ball of undiagnosed issues", but, I can relate to that so much. When it comes to getting a diagnosis for anything, it is always a chore as so many times. At least, I speak from my own experience here, but, doctors loved to gaslight me and make me feel nothing was wrong.

I am sorry to hear your cat has ringworm, and I wish the kitty a speedy recovery. T_T ($60 is the cheapest I've heard for a visit, most vets I've seen for pets I've had in the past cost $100+ for a visit alone).
Currently Questing:
Angelic Solid Set (Clouds/Halos/Winglets/Wings)

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/15 11:22:46 )
Koah:
@Ruby: lmao! Your child has grown! <3 He went from being somewhat feral to enjoying his spoiled prince life. c:

Omg he really has He's always sleeping on us now and giving us lovey eyes. And his purrs are louder too :3 His birthday is next week even He's almost 5. Where does the time go ;3;

ahi:
@Ruby:
Thank you so much! I love your avatars, they are always so beautifully put together and have a nice flow to them!

Omg thank you so much that means a lot to me <3

Donator Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/15 16:28:43 )
@ahi: Thank you for Noticing~ <333 I'm preening that you complimented my salad drizzle. lol. It felt like it wrapped my avi's color scheme together. C:

@Ruby: 5?! omgosh. o_o' Time flies too fast. /sigh

@FUZZY: The weather where I live has been random too. We had icy weather the other day and I just stepped outside just now and it's warm enough that I don't necessarily need a jacket. Crappy weather makes people nappy. I hope your headache went away.

@Anarchist Beauty: ringworm is so annoying. It's persistent and even more persistent with antibiotics. I hope you get your answer soon! :c

Voltie Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/15 18:41:05 )

@ahi: Yeah, caffeine is a bitch. lol
        I've been doing pretty good since mostly cutting it out of my life though.
        I no longer buy any for home and I'll only have some if we go out or get fast food, but even then I don't drink a whole lot of it.

Vet visits are ridiculous.
        I was woken up this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I was looking up more vet offices, but even the cheapest one I found won't work because they said they'd need to do a 'culture test' to see if it is ringworm and that was going to be almost $200.
        So I've throwing in the towel. I have a friend who used to work in a vet's office and another friend who has a friend who is currently a vet tech and they both said that athlete's foot cream should work well enough.
        So I'm going to give that a try and hope for the best because I rely on other people to pay for things and at minimum this would probably be close to a $250 vet visit or more for something that can apparently be cleared up with otc creams.

@Koah: I've given up. See above ^

Donator Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/15 23:53:37 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Vet trips are so expensive. :((

Voltie Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/16 00:05:46 )

@Koah: Sadly they really are.
        So instead I'm going to spend less than $15 on some otc athlete's foot cream and apply that to the spot twice daily as recommended by my friend's vet tech friend and hope for the best.
        I will keep everyone updated on how that works and then if your cats ever get ringworm, boom, my struggles will save you hundreds of dollars!
        Hopefully.
        So, fingers crossed. 🤞

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/16 05:56:50 )
@Koah: RIGHT?! How is he 5 years old
I'm really hoping he'll get to where I can hold him to cuddle him soon <3 I miss that ;3; just lemme hold you damnit D< He likes snuggling, and like, laying on the desk with an arm around him, basically being held but not xD

@Anarchist Beauty: :o they really said that works??? Vet bills are a scam D<
Please do keep up updated, I want to know if that does work and also I hope your furbaby gets better soon <3

Voltie Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/16 06:45:54 )

@Ruby: I got work from TWO different people.
        One a friend who worked in a vets office before and another who is actively still a vet tech.
        I was recommended terbinafine but was told miconazole would also work.
        Which are athlete's foot cream and vaginal antifungal cream, respectively.
        Antifungal is really all that's necessary bc ringworm is actually just a fungus.
        AND
        I looked up a local vets website, checked their store and miconazole was one of their antifungal medications.
        So yeah, I will definitely be keeping up on this and relaying information to everyone.
        Fuck the vet.

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/16 06:51:51 )
@Anarchist Beauty: no kidding, glad you were able to find a solution! <3

Voltie Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/16 07:08:42 )

@Ruby: It's still going to be a lengthy process, but I've got my fingers crossed that this will work.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/16 09:13:58 )
@ahi: trying to be, been napping a lot lately so I don't get one.

@Koah: I miss the cold weather, it makes me sleep better, and feel okay. When I feel like crap, It's because the weather changes from cold to hot, or hot to cold. And either way not good.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/16 17:39:03 )
@Anarchist Beauty: We had ringworm go through our house before- but on people. e_e' I totally forgot about it. It was foot cream that helped. XD
It goes away, but yeah- takes time. o3o

@Ruby: lol. Your cat reminds me of me. "pet me... when I say you can." XD lmao

@FUZZY: I hope you get consistent sleep soon. :\ I need to sleep in a warm room like a lizard. lol.

Voltie Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/16 20:46:20 )

@Koah: Yeah, I'm hoping the ringworm doesn't transfer to me or my grandparents, but if it does at least we'll know how to combat it. lol
        I just keep feeling awful because somehow my brain has convinced itself that this is my fault that this has happened and it's just giving me a lot of anxiety.
        But I also know I for sure can't exactly trust my emotions right now because my period is like days away, so it's just a struggle.

Donator Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/16 23:13:03 )
@Anarchist Beauty: oh dude I remember that feeling. My son when he was small got ringworm. [which is why I forgot- it's been years]. I remember feeling so guilty. e3e and I didn't wanna tell the doc because it seemed like it was preventable.
but it is a fungus. It was random and maybe from the playground or whatever else.
Kitties like weird places where its likely they get weird stuff like ringworm. cx

lol, wonder if you and I are on the same cycle. XD I'm expecting mine any day. =O *really hoping mine doesn't start friday when I have my interviews. D:

Voltie Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/17 00:47:35 )

@Koah: Yeah, I don't even know how my cat got it.
        She doesn't leave the house and we don't interact with strange animals or anything, so it's just annoying.
        I'm just really, really hoping this athlete's foot cream works because I don't want to have to have my grandfather spend hundreds of dollars at the vet to try and figure out what the hell is wrong with her...

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.