Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts 〰 Cult of the Worm 〰

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/11 09:07:16 )
@Ruby: artsy things sounds nice, I had to get my daughter ready for school, and I had go to my mums for a bit, then I had to run errands with her, and with someone else, plus I had to go get my mums praying mantis some crickets.

@Anarchist Beauty: I depression isnt any good

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/11 09:16:06 )
@Anarchist Beauty: I know that feel bro

@FUZZY: Is your little one liking school? :3
Whoa she has a praying mantis?! that's cool

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/11 10:01:38 )
@Ruby: my daughter loves school, even when she is sick, she wants to be at school. But can't when she has a fever. She loves art class, she does great at drawing.

Donator — THEY/M Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/11 12:27:49 )
@FUZZY:
That's never fun (headache and extremely cold temperatures). Your daughter sounds precious, I don't have the fondest memories of school, but, I am glad she is enjoying herself.

@Anarchist Beauty:
I haven't been sleeping too well lately, but, hoping that today is a lot better. Already made myself some food, had a source of caffeine, and my medication. I feel like I could take on the world, but, I know if I tried, I would collapse from exhaustion (since I practically do every day already). xD

@Ruby:
I am happy to hear you got to do something creative and enjoyable despite the day being weird. <3

Voltie Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/11 18:11:35 )

@FUZZY: The Big Sad is never good and always a pain in the ass.
        And it's hard to deal with especially when I'm pretty sure my seasonal switched seasons.
        Like, I feel like I'm worse during the summer and stuff now even though most people say the the disappearing sunlight at Too Early O'clock in the winter is what sets theirs off.
        And while I do get annoyed that the sun is gone by 4:30, if we're lucky, because I can't drive at night anymore, my overall emotional well being has seemed to improve in fall.winter over the last couple of years.
        It's weird.

@Ruby: It's a bad feel. 😩

@ahi: Ugh, that sucks to bad.
        I used to have a hell of a time sleeping right, too.
        But tbh, ever since I mostly cut soda out of my life I've been sleeping fantastically!
        So idk how much caffeine you take in a day, but maybe try cutting that out and see how things go?
        Because my shit used to be so bad that not even over the counter sleeping aids would work.
        I had melatonin and one other type and I swear recommended dose was like one pill and I'd taken like 4-5 and it did NOTHING.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/11 21:10:58 )
@ahi: sorry I uh woke up for a rather short bit this morning, and I fell back to sleep, I've been really tired this week. My daughter is my world too me and thank you, yeah Im pretty sure it froze outside last night, I know why I got a headache, lack of sleep.

@Anarchist Beauty: I'm sorry to hear that, I sometimes tjink that there are other reasons why depression maybe be worse at certian times.

Voltie Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/11 21:31:22 )

@FUZZY: It's alright, I get through it.
        Sometimes limping and crawling, but I get through it.

Donator — THEY/M Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/11 22:17:10 )
@Anarchist Beauty:
So far, I've been doing well, keeping energy levels stable (thankfully), but, I can tell I will crash hard tonight. xD Glad you are sleeping better since cutting out soda, I don't drink it unless I am out with my husband or his parents, but, I typically order either kombucha or tea. When it comes to caffeine, I cannot cut it out entirely, when I have tried, I noticed my cluster migraines (they do exist according to my neurologist, most other doctors say it's not a thing, only cluster headaches) tend to get worse and come back.

I even am on medication to cut out the majority of them since Excedrin migraine and all other medication don't work and usually it's a placebo. Ibuprofen and Tylenol are only made to target inflammation and reduce fever, not eliminate headaches/migraines. She explained it in medical terms which helped me understand a lot more since I have always found health/nutrition fascinating, it's nice to know more than what my doctor knows sometimes. xD My neurologist also struggles with cluster headaches (and cluster migraines).

When it comes to melatonin and valerian, my mom used to get me would work when I was growing up, but, as I got older, my neurologist and other doctors have told me, patients with ADHD, there are studies which show that the efficacy isn't as 'potent' and doesn't treat the root cause. So, if you have ADHD, it's possible that is why it didn't work for you too. I wish it did, but, it did nothing but give me nightmares and anxiety attacks. T_T

@FUZZY:
I get that entirely, it feels like the days are longer, it will take a bit before I adjust (and the same for others), but, it will happen in time. Awww, I love that she is your world, and getting headaches from lack of sleep is the worst. Same with headaches from lack of eating, it's not that I don't eat, I tend to forget (neurodivergent, it also leads to object permanence).
Currently Questing:
Angelic Solid Set (Clouds/Halos/Winglets/Wings)

Voltie Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/11 22:52:16 )

@ahi: Ah, yeah, you keep your caffeine. lol
        But damn... ADHD can do that???
        Like I don't have a diagnosis or anything but more and more I'm convinced I do have ADHD bc everything I hear and read about people who have ADHD I'm just like "yeah, that's me".
        Like, to a T.
        And I have a couple friends with autism who are like "you're one of us". lmao
        So I'm just a ball of undiagnosed issues.

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/11 23:03:30 )
@FUZZY: aww cute <3 I loved elementary school too, especially the art projects lol

@ahi: your new avi is so cute! I love the face!!!

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/12 07:07:04 )
@Anarchist Beauty: it is good that you get through it.

@ahi: l used to get headaches from lack of eatting, but then it turned into lack of sleep headaches. Its no fun either way.

@Ruby: schools arnt what they used to be.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/12 07:24:33 )
@FUZZY: not at all. Then again I also went to a small school in the middle of nowhere lol we were a family <3

Donator Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/12 16:54:35 )
omgosh I'm loving the submitted rainbow avis. hehe! <3
and Howdy!

Voltie Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/12 20:10:15 )

@Koah: Welcome to the Cult of the Worm!
        Digging your avi.
        Very... Biblically accurate angel meets Egyptian god.

Donator Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/12 20:41:40 )
@Anarchist Beauty: thank you. c: I love my current, but now I'm inspired by ya'lls rainbows! so I'm working on a rainbow avi now. hehehe.
now I need to get me a wormie.
XD

I hope your weekend is going well.

Donator Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/12 21:03:25 )
I did it! I did a rainbow avi! XD
Don't think I've ever used some of my rainbow items. lol

-does a twirl-

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/12 22:42:27 )
@Koah: You look fantastic!!! :D Welcome to the Cult of the Worm!!

Voltie Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/13 00:29:41 )

@Koah: WHOOO!
        Now you're OFFICIALLY a member of the cult. lol

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/13 00:32:21 )
WORM WORM WORM WORM! Go Koah!

Voltie Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/13 02:46:29 )

We need an Official Roy Emoji.
        After we get the OG emojis and NPC designs back.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.