Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Dad is in the hospital

Donator — She/her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/2 02:38:04 )

And it's not doing well. He's been in there since a week ago Saturday. And tonight he had to be on intubation. I hope that he makes it through the night cause my sister and I can't leave until tomorrow morning at the earliest.

Let my back up a little bit. So my Dad lives in FL. My sister, husband and I live in DC. We just moved into a new place last week so at first his new wife didn't even tell us until we were a few days settled moved in. But it wasn't as bad back then. He just had sepsis so he was on antibiotics and stuff. But then a few days later he got pneumonia. But it was Otakon and my hotels was booked and I had family and people coming into town. The new wife (who is a nurse by the way, like she is a professional, not like an evil step-mom or anything) was like go and enjoy Otakon your dad will probably be out of the hospital this weekend.

But he wasn't by the Sunday night that just came and went. So my sister and I decided that we were gonna come this week but weren't sure which days. We were originally going to go on Thursday when 'my dad would be better'.

So now I had to spend tonight packing, calling to change my flight, change my rental car, call the person I'm staying with, and talk to my aunt's about it, my mom, etc. All lots of chaos tonight and luckily I did a load of laundry yesterday.

Donator — She, Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/2 03:09:09 )
I'm sorry about what your going through, but I promise things will get better. We love you, Total!

I'm always here if you need to talk.

Donator — She/her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/2 04:02:23 )

@Whim: thank you. I feel like either I’ll be offline a lot in the next few days, or I will want everyone on Voltra to comfort me maybe. Who can say.

Donator — She, Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/2 04:05:13 )
@Totalanimefan: You're welcome and you take all the time you need off, but if you feel the need to be here on voltra and talk to get your mind off things, that's fine too. I'll support you decision either way.

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/2 14:47:01 )
@Totalanimefan: Take care, I know we don’t know eachother well, but I care about you.

Donator — she, her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/2 18:35:02 )

@totalanimefan:

I’m so sorry to hear this Total.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
If you need anything, to talk or vent or distraction I’m always here.

Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Donator Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/3 18:21:54 )
@totalanimefan: Oh noes! I hope your Dad will be ok... I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and sending you lots of good vibes!

Voltie — she/her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/5 02:51:03 )

I'm days late to see this but I am sorry to hear about this. I know the feeling like your heart is getting pulled across the country, but travelling couldn't feel any slower. I hope you travelled safely and timely.
Just as much, I hope that he can pull through.

Take all the time you need to be with your family, but we're here for you!

Donator — She/her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 00:19:39 )

@Whim: thanks I’m on my way home now. At the airport. I didn’t have the mental energy and also didn’t have the time for Voltra while I was down.

@Super: thank you so much. That means a lot to me.

@Lithium: thanks. On my way back home. See the above replies and the end of this post for an overall update.

@macsen191: thank you. He is with us so those vibes are helping.

@Jolly: the timing isn’t too late. I’m still down here and my worst my day two days ago which is the same day you wrote that.

Donator — She/her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 00:23:14 )

Overall update on dad:

Stable. Been on a ventilator the whole time I was down here which was Wednesday morning to Sunday night.
They tried to take him off the vent a few different days and it didn’t work out. He wasn’t strong enough. His lungs still have fluid in them but his staph infection is getting better. No improvement while I was here. But on the plus side no improvement while I was here. Today is 14 days in the hospital.

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 01:45:55 )
@Totalanimefan: im so sorry, total... im always here for you like i said <3

Donator — She, Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 02:25:56 )
@Totalanimefan:

You've been on my mind the past few days, I'm praying the fluid flushes out and I'm happy to know he's doing somewhat better with the infection. Once you're home, I hope you're able to get some rest.

Donator — She/her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 04:53:06 )

@Super: thanks so much. I’m just ready to sleep. I have barely slept cause I’ve been so worried about my dad and busy traveling to see him. I’m almost home now and I want to sleep.

@Whim: thank you so much. Thank means a lot to me. It’s funny how what we see about people’s lives on the internet stay in our brains. I hope he’s able to get the fluid out too. Right now he’s been stable but still so weak. I will try to rest. It’s hard to sleep when you think you are going to get that phone call from the hospital.

Donator — She, Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 08:37:25 )
@Totalanimefan: Anytime and it is funny, huh? It's cool what our minds do.
I can understand, I went through the same thing with my family and wish the absolute best for yours.

Donator — She/her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 16:25:07 )

@Whim: thanks.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She, Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 19:14:53 )
@Totalanimefan: No problem

Art by Delightfully!
[ hangout | quest | shop | showcase ]
Buying Ohms!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/10 04:12:20 )
@Totalanimefan: wow total! i'm sorry to hear about your dad and i'll keep you and him in my thoughts. Just remember to take deep breaths every once in a while.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Voltie — she/her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/10 17:14:52 )

@Totalanimefan:
I'm so glad that you can be there with him. Hang in there and try to rest as much as you can.
Keep yourself hydrated as well. Its easy to forget to think about these things when we worry about our family.

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/10 17:58:31 )
0h no @Totalanimefan:, I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. Don't forget to take care of yourself as well, when you spend time with your Dad. +huggs+
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Donator Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/11 02:16:29 )
Hope things get better soon.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.