Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie — Z/They Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/27 22:08:33 )
@Totalanimefan: today i'm fine. Finally finished that pic I delayed for months the other day, n' almost done w/ another. How are you? i disappear too much. Hapy late birthday

Voltie — Z/They Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/27 22:12:11 )
@Alorrena: -hugs- thinking of you

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator — Am Potato Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/29 11:40:50 )
@DreamerZ: -hugs- hey bestie, thinking of you too. How are ya doin?

Donator Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/30 18:34:02 )
@Totalanimefan: Hey there! I hope your move went well! I'm sorry it's been so long since I've responded, I've just been super busy lately lol. How are you?

Donator — She/her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/30 23:43:59 )

@DreamerZ: Thank you!
That's cool you got it done. I went to Otakon this past weekend. It was fun but other years were better cause I was also sick this year! I won't a do over lol

Donator — She/her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/30 23:48:20 )

@SorrowTheMad: That's totally ok! I hope you are doing ok.
The move went well. We are mostly unpacked, we tried to unpack a lot before Otakon which was this weekend. That's an anime con in DC. It was a lot of fun but I was sick the whole weekend so it wasn't as good as other years just cause of that. I'm joking that I want a do-over with me not sick lol.

So that's what I have been up to. Oh and my dad in FL is in the hospital so I might have to fly down this weekend.

Donator Posted 8 months ago ( 2023/08/22 13:20:26 )
@Totalanimefan: I've been doing pretty good. Been really busy which is why I haven't been on here much, sorry about that. Glad to hear the move went well! Sorry to hear you were sick all weekend :/ But hey, there's always next year right? Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he's doing better.

Donator — She/her Posted 8 months ago ( 2023/08/22 16:47:37 )

@SorrowTheMad: oh what have you been up to? It’s been a wild month since we last spoke for me too. I did end up having to move my flight up and make an emergency trip down to FL. My dad ended up on a ventilator for 5-6 days. The whole time I was down there he was on a vent. And got off of it a day or two after a left. He was in the hospital for another week and then the insurance stopped paying on like day 23 and then he was sent home. He’s still on oxygen and can’t really get up or do anything on his own.

My sister and I were really worried while we were there he was going to pass away and every night we couldn’t sleep cause we were just waiting for the call from the hospital. He was very close to passing.

Who knows how long it will take him to recover because he’s diabetic. So everything just takes so long to heal. And there were even thinking about taking his leg but he had sepsis so they couldn’t operate on him. But he might have to in the future.

I guess this is what my dad takes for never taking care of himself for 63 years (he’s 63 today). He always always just ate crap and like 8 cans of diet Mountain Dew a day. Always 300 lbs (and he’s not tall). Anyway I think that’s enough ranting at you about that.

On the plus side my husband, sister and I all went to NYC last weekend for Pokémon Go Fest. It’s a yearly Pokémon Go event in real life and it was a lot of fun! It was the first one on the east coast and the first real life one I got to go to! All of us would totally go back next year if there is another one in NYC or the east coast somewhere. So there is one happy thing that has happened to me lol.

It’s been one month since I moved in and I think between Otakon, FL trip and NYC I wonder how many nights I’ve stayed in my new place and how many nights I’ve spent away. Lol

Donator — She/her Posted 8 months ago ( 2023/08/23 22:05:48 )

@Whim: I decided to move our discussion to this thread instead. Better for hanging out in.
I was good today but I just got hit with a vertigo episode about 30 mins ago. I’m laying in bed and I also took meds. When those kick in I have to do these exercises to get the broken off crystals out of my inner ear. Good part is I can still use my phone on the side I’m not dizzy on.

How are you doing?

Donator — She, Her Posted 8 months ago ( 2023/08/24 00:40:58 )
@Totalanimefan: Aw, I hope you feel better soon. I get dizzy spells every now and then because I have iron-deficiency anemia. Sometimes I have to lie down and relax too.

I'm doing pretty good, I just woke up from and nap and probably going to play sims 2.

Donator — She/her Posted 8 months ago ( 2023/08/24 01:39:25 )

@Whim: that’s awful. Is there anything you can do to help with that? Like maybe cook with cast iron?
That sounds good. I did a few vertigo exercises and now I’m able to face forward at least. I just had a small amount of dinner. I still can’t face left which is my bad ear.

Donator — She, Her Posted 8 months ago ( 2023/08/24 12:05:12 )
@Totalanimefan: Taking iron pills helps, but I bought a lucky iron fish to cook with it's so cool! My old boss got me hooked on it and I recommend to people and they seem to really like it.

I'm glad you're doing better and hope you slept well :)

And Loving the avatar change! It's periwinkle blue, one of my fave colors!

Art by Delightfully!
[ hangout | quest | shop | showcase ]
Buying Ohms!

Donator — She/her Posted 8 months ago ( 2023/08/24 16:00:59 )

@Whim: I’ve never heard of that. I guess it’s just a cast iron pan that looks like a fish?

I did sleep but the cat woke me up more than once in the middle of the night cause he knocked off my glasses from the night stand.

Thanks. This is an old avatar I haven’t used in ages. I think all of your avatars are really good!

Voltie — she/they Posted 8 months ago ( 2023/08/24 19:04:31 )

Oops, went a couple of months without visiting. 😓 What's up y'all

Donator — She/her Posted 8 months ago ( 2023/08/27 03:35:47 )

@Lilykin: lots happened in my life. Moved to a new place, had my birthday, Otakon, emergency family trip to Fl to see my dying dad(he’s still sick but not on death’s door), went to NYC for Go Fest, worked my full time job as much as I could lol.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 8 months ago ( 2023/08/27 05:28:08 )
So Tyi and i decided (well, really i decided and he agreed) that in October we are going to go to Food and Wine at EPCOT and get a hotel for 2 nights in Orlando. We're going to rent a uhaul pick up truck so we can drive ourselves out there (cause it's about 150ish compared to 200+ to uber/Lyft), we're going to uber/lyft to and from Epcot the 2nd day so we can drink, and we're going to enjoy ourselves on a mini-vacation that we kinda desperately need because we are going stir crazy without access to transportation.

So turns out my MIL is not moving in with her parents after all. I guess grandpa changed his mind, which fine, but like, would have been nice to know MUCH sooner. like before we moved in with her. But whatever. So Tyi told her that we were going to move in april when her lease is up since we didn't want to live with her long term to begin with. A lot was going on at that point, and i wasn't part of the conversation because i won't talk to her about things because of just how unreasonable she is. So i imagine Tyi said it fairly calmly and she decided to escalate the situation and said we had a week. Then about an hour after that whole thing, she messaged Tyi and said she was just going to move into a one bedroom place or move to Chicago, which is where her second oldest lives with his 2 kids (her first 2 grandbabies). So we'll see what happens.

So getting into what drama was taking place... A little background information, Tyi and i both have long hair and we shed, a LOT. And the thing with shedding is you don't really realize it's happening when it's happening. So the carpet tends to have a good amount of hair in it. So MIL decided that she was going to use my vacuum to vacuum it up. Normally that wouldn't be an issue but she didn't ask and then followed up with asking how we vacuum anything when it doesn't work right. Well it wasn't working right because she didn't clean out the roller brush and it was full of hair (not just ours, mind you, cause she lives here too and goes back and forth between her room and kitchen by way of the carpeted living room. so her hair was in it too.) So (us) Tyi asking her not to use our things or touch our things without asking us first turned into a big fight between the two of them. Idk why but the big dramatic fights always seem to center around a stupid vacuum. So during that fight he asked her if she had a roommate if she would just use and touch her roommate's things without asking and she indignantly said she would. I'm just so tired of her drama, really. Like, we keep to ourselves and keep the common areas clean (aside from our hallway, but that's mostly just stray hairs that you can't see anyways unless you're on the floor) and we're respectful of her space and her things and she just does not extend the same courtesy to us and it's frustrating.

There's more with the fight that they had, i just don't know anything because i was in the office with the door closed talking to my mom when it was happening. Oh, and the reason i was talking to my mom is because MIL had messaged her on facebook trying to get my mom to say something to me. But, my mom being amazing, told her to ask me about the vacuum and how i use it to vacuum or what i do with it when it doesn't work :) (it never EVER has gotten to the point that MIL got it to, btw. MIL just never cleaned it before using it and vacuumed the entire living room and the hallway until it wouldn't suck anymore because of the wrapped hair.) My mom Figures that the only reason MIL would be contacting her is to talk (complain) about me, and really unless it's asking about what to get me for a gift or something, anything that goes on between me and MIL should be handled by me, Tyi and MIL.

The only real good thing this last month and a half is she's for the most part been keeping the AC at 76 and it's been pretty great actually. And when she does bump it to 77 or the occasional 78, we are able to almost immediately catch it and put it back to 76 (or 77 for an hour and then back to 76) without any issues.

Voltie — she/they Posted 8 months ago ( 2023/08/28 15:04:18 )

Totalanimefan:

@Lilykin: lots happened in my life. Moved to a new place, had my birthday, Otakon, emergency family trip to Fl to see my dying dad(he’s still sick but not on death’s door), went to NYC for Go Fest, worked my full time job as much as I could lol.

Goodness, you've had a few moves the past couple of years. Think you'll be at this place for ahwile?

Glad you got to spend time with your dad. We lost my grandfather a few weeks ago and while we knew he was doing poorly we thought we'd have longer.

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — She/her Posted 8 months ago ( 2023/08/29 16:22:01 )

@Lilykin: I’m so sorry to hear about your grandfather! My grandpa also passed away before we realized and thought we had more time too. It’s so hard when it’s like that. 😢

Yeah I don’t think I could have fit anymore into those 30 days lol. I really like my new place and there are things around the house I hope to get done in Sept. Like getting a door for the home office (the den), hanging artwork, hanging a mirror, getting some furniture, etc. I can’t wait until it feels like home. And I think being here and not having to make emergency trips would help lol. My dad is doing a little better. Can walk now but still needs oxygen.

Donator — She/her Posted 8 months ago ( 2023/08/29 16:25:43 )

@Alorrena: I’m also going to Disney in Oct :)
Damn that sucks with your MIL she needs to move. Or go to therapy or both.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 8 months ago ( 2023/08/30 00:47:40 )
@Totalanimefan: oh nice! We're looking to go october 10th or 11th. I'm pretty excited to go lol
Yeah, she really seriously needs therapy. I think she may be a narcissist? or at least she has narcissistic behaviors. I also sorta feel like she needs to learn about respecting people boundaries and how to properly communicate to people. Like she says she just doesn't sugar coat things, but like, there's a way to say things that aren't just blatantly rude or hurtful. leaving details on your opinion out is one way, which i think would improve her relationships with her kids 10 fold at least.

So there's a hurricane that's going to hit northern florida tonight, so with where i'm at, we're in for a rainy night. I brought my bike into the garage just in case because if there's a lot of wind i don't really know how well my bike cover will stay on. around 5 there was a quick..... 5-ish minute downpour. like for as long as it took to unlock my bike, move it into the garage, and go back out to grab the cover, it was over. I was a little disappointed because i wanted a quick video to send to my step mom who posted something about a storm they had in Wisconsin yesterday, but i wasn't quick enough. I thought it would rain more periodically today but not really, actually. Yesterday my mom was freaking out a bit (as per usual) and had me place an order for canned goods for us to munch on incase the power goes out. I doubt it will, but hey, at least now we have snacks and spaghettios lol
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.