Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/08/30 02:46:22 )

@Alorrena: I’m going after that.

She might be. It’s hard to tell through your stories if she is, or she just has horrible self-esteem and she just takes it out on you guys. Or it could be both lol.
I’m glad that your mom is looking out for you. I hope you don’t lose power.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/08/30 03:58:35 )
@Totalanimefan: i hope you have fun! You deserve it after everything you've been dealing with.

Yeah, honestly just knowing her makes it hard to tell. She definitely has OCD (things have be be cleaned just the right way or she's not happy) and severe depression, which i know untreated depression can make a person act angry and say things they don't mean when they're upset, but i think it might be more than just that with her too, because it's like once things calm down a bit she acts as if everything is fine. it's definitely frustrating.

Yeah, me too. I'm pretty lucky to have her as my mom. So far so good with the power and internet. I actually haven't even heard anything really outside since that brief downpour earlier

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/08/31 15:14:08 )

@Alorrena: thank you. Upset with dad. (I don’t know where I left off with telling you)
After 23 days he was out of the hospital but it wasn’t cause he was healed. It was cause insurance stopped paying. He was off the vent but he still couldn’t walk or breathe without oxygen.
It’s been almost two weeks and he still needs oxygen but he said he can walk around the house ok now. Still can’t drive and doesn’t really feel comfortable walking outside. He lives in a very suburban neighborhood that doesn’t even have sidewalks and he has a big yard with holes in it and a pool.
We will see how he heals but I feel like that is too much for him but he really likes living in cheap suburban places with nothing around.

It’s tough. I have a mom that had the worst self esteem you ever saw so sometimes she would lash out or like totally take things the wrong way. But she isn’t even close to as bad as your MIL so it totally could be controlling narcissism. I hope she leaves soon. It’s been too many months that you have had to live with her.

Good that you are ok through the hurricane. Any flooding overnight? Do you still have power?

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/1 21:06:27 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeesh. yeah i'd be pretty upset about all that too. it's always frustrating when loved ones don't take as good as care of themselves as we'd like them too. My dad is like that too. He's the kind of person to go go go until my step mom steps in and makes him stay home and rest, and even then it usually only lasts for a day, maybe two before he's back up and doing things even though he needs more rest. To be fair, he's never been one for staying home and relaxing, and always needs to be doing something or he gets antsy. Even when he was undergoing chemo, he was always doing more than he should have. I think dads are notorious for that though.

Yeah. i'm ready for her to move. Honestly, since then it's been like nothing happened, so idk what's up with her. oh well. At least we're at a place where it's fairly minimal conflict.

Actually it was hardly anything going on here. No flooding, no broken branches or anything in the back yard... In fact where the rain usually puddles up at the end of the driveway was mostly dry. Internet and power both stayed on, too, so i don't think it got too windy here. I think the storm was far enough north that it didn't cause too many issues in central florida. Northern florida and further on, however, got it pretty rough, so i'm glad that i'm not up there.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/2 22:16:26 )
@Alorrena: im ok. Keep getting way too distracted by dumb stuff

Voltie — Z/They Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/2 22:19:40 )
Totalanimefan:

@DreamerZ: Thank you!
That's cool you got it done. I went to Otakon this past weekend. It was fun but other years were better cause I was also sick this year! I won't a do over lol

sorry its been so long and that you were sick. I'm glad you enjoyed it though

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/3 14:57:11 )
@DreamerZ: i feel that on a spiritual level. I've been meaning to work on my friend's quilt, but i've barely started it because i keep getting distracted by books or videogames or tv shows. or sleep lol

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/4 01:37:40 )

@DreamerZ: thanks. It was a wildly stressful august for me too. My dad almost died and I had to make an emergency flight down to FL to see him. All the family literally thought he was going to pass.

@Alorrena: I don’t really understand why people can’t just take care of themselves.
I’m glad the hurricane didn’t hit you bad.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/4 06:08:22 )
@Totalanimefan: me either, really.
How'd your family handle the storm? They okay?

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/5 02:33:13 )

@Alorrena: yes. We are from the east coast of FL so they were totally fine.
My cousins do live in Ft Myers but it wasn’t bad there this time.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/5 05:31:41 )
@Totalanimefan: oh good, i'm glad to hear. Have you gotten up to anything interesting lately?

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/5 14:36:57 )

@Alorrena: mostly just trying to relax after a horribly stressful august. My body is having a hard time with that. I was half way to accepting that my dad was gonna die, we all were and now I’m trying to recover from that stress and shock. He’s not 100% yet still. He still needs oxygen all the time to breathe.

Also I’m a contractor at work and I only have two months left and I haven’t heard anything about being extended or converted. I have to meet with my boss this month. I love my job and I’m worried they aren’t going to keep me.

Also I’m still unpacking and getting the new place to look like a home. It’s getting there little by little.

As for this weekend I did go to the farmers market and that was fun. We have a horrible heat wave right now that started on Sunday. I kinda overheated. It’s hotter here right now than FL! Reached 97 yesterday with a feels like of 103. Will be like that all week. 😵‍💫

Voltie — Z/They Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/6 07:22:52 )
@Alorrena: Shame on both of us lol. i got my art finished for now n,n

@Totalanimefan: omg im sorry. Glad he didn't.

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/6 14:20:23 )

@DreamerZ: thanks. I’m glad he didn’t too but it was really close. Not many people survive being on a ventilator.
He’s at home but not fully recovered. Still on oxygen but he can walk a bit now.

How are you?

Donator Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/6 15:42:24 )
It's been awhile since I've been able to hangout in threads. -waves- howdy~ i have free time again! Kind of.
:3

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/7 04:32:58 )
@Totalanimefan: oh wow yeah, it does sound like you've got a lot of stress on your plate. I hope talking to your boss will allow that door to be opened and will allow your boss to realize that they want you around still!

Unpacking is the worst. I'd rather pack things up than unpack because when i unpack, i always have issues with finding homes for things. (Also i have a lot of doom boxes/bags, so that's an issue too) I'm also not very motivated to unpack either, but that might be because i always feel like i'm going to have to move again eventually. I know that will be different once we eventually buy a house, but honestly, we don't know when or where we'll do that.
So for now, a lot of (almost all lol) our things are packed away.

Oh the farmer's market sounds like a lot of fun! I always enjoy going to those (or did in idaho, but i haven't been to one since i moved to florida) Yeah, it was noticably cool the other day/night so i can definitely believe it being hotter outside of florida. you definitely gotta be careful when it's hot like that and you're outside because it is super easy to get sick from the heat!

I've not been up to much, but i have been trying new recipes lately that have all turned out pretty well.

@DreamerZ: That's good, i still haven't done anything on my friend's quilt. I did vacuum and mop the house today though!

@Koah: Hi Koah! Hope you're well!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/7 05:01:32 )

@Koah: hey there! It’s nice to see you again. How have you been?

@Alorrena: I have the same problem with unpacking. I don’t know where to put everything and the layouts and stuff is different so I don’t know everything’s new home. And there are just so many boxes.
Yes I have been stressed. I’ve been clenching my jaw a lot and I’ve been feeling overwhelmed pretty easily.
This heatwave right now is super crazy. Record breaking temperatures right now and the hottest it’s been all summer here. I’ve overheated before in FL and it’s really no fun. I didn’t overheat the other day but I was miserable. I took a cold shower and napped when I got home.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/7 07:18:08 )
@Totalanimefan: In Theory, if i were to move into my forever house, i think i'd start with the kitchen (cause having things to cook with are important), and then i'd figure out exactly where i want my furniture, and then i'd unpack my clothes, because those are also very important. And then once that's all done i'd make sure the office was set up how i want it. everything else can be unpacked a box at a time without worrying too much as long as it got done. When i pack, i make sure to have all my dishes in one or two boxes if possible, and then i keep them next to each other. Same with clothes, but i also kinda just leave my clothes in the dresser when i move and don't take them out at all lol

I definitely get that. my stress is MIL related, but still stress. Today she tried telling me i didn't mop (i did, first thing when i woke up), and that kinda just pissed me off. Like don't tell me i didn't do some thing when you weren't there to see me do it. 🙄 Apparently i missed a spot she left specifically this morning. Like why? i don't get her. I just wish she'd learn how to talk to people.

That's good you didn't overheat! Yeah it's super easy to over heat in florida (that's one reason i don't go outside much). I think it's crazy how the weather has been across the country this year. Like idaho had a really late winter (snow in june!) and a really hot summer (triple digits for like a week), it's been unusually hot everywhere, and in florida i feel like it's actually been a fairly dry summer, like it hasn't rained as much. But then again i could be imagining things.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/8 19:31:59 )

@Alorrena: That's a good way to think about it. I have the kitchen unpacked and some of it is in a good spot but all of the small kitchen mixing bowls, and appliances, and baking stuff is kinda not really organized. I think I'm going to have to tackle that soon.
For our office the desks are set up nicely. It's just that on the side of the room we have some random electronics/office stuff (my husband works for a tech company) and I don't know what he wants to do with it or where he wants it to go. I guess he can work on that this weekend.

She can be such a bitch. I'm sorry that she is taking out whatever is wrong with her on you. She just needs to go.

I'm glad I didn't overheat either but I felt like it could have happened if I was out for a long time. It's been 97 all week with a heat index of over 100. It's the hottest it's been all summer here and it's the hottest it's ever been in Sept in this part of the world. It's just soo hot. It's been like this since Sunday, but it's supposed to die down after today. It's 'only' gonna be a high of 87 tomorrow. It's also been very dry here. We have been in a drought all summer. I hope that we get some rain cause after this heatwave a lot of the grass, trees and plants have died. I can see whole trees out my window that are dead.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/9 07:26:00 )
@Totalanimefan: my solution to miscellaneous stuff that should all be relatively together would be bookcases or those cube organizer things. (those are dangerous for me though because they turn into doom boxes unless they get labeled accurately. speaking of, i need to go through my cube storage stuff and organize/label them....

Yeah, she realllly does. This month is also going to super suck because the grandparents went out of town so now she has nothing to do after work and is coming home like 4-5 hours earlier than before, so that's 4-5 hours more that we have to overheat. And she keeps trying to put the air to 78 again. Like, why? Also, If tyi plays Baldur's gate it gets to at least 90 in here in 30 minutes if the room was at what it usually is before she comes home, otherwise it gets that hot within like 5-10 minutes if the door has been closed for a bit. Fortunately, with the air being so different, if we open our door at night it's generally pretty quick to go back down.

i think I definitely would prefer dry heat over humidity, but at the same time it's nice when it rains. I can remember several years where it would be super dry in idaho that there would be plenty of dead plants and trees and lawns by middle of august.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.