Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/19 00:42:33 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, it took me a long time to realize that not all moms are the same. Also my mom's love language is gift giving, so she's always trying to buy me things.
Speaking of, she's now bought me a travel air pump, a water bottle holder, holographic stickers to put on my helmet(which will hopefully make it look less dumb while also making it safer for night time riding), an additional light for the back of my bike, reflective things for the spokes, reflective rim stickers, and pepper spray. I only asked for the water bottle holder and said maybe we should get reflective stickers for our helmets. she got herself everything but the water bottle holder too.

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/19 19:29:02 )
0k, @Totalanimefan: sounds good going to the museum. Which one are you planning to go to? I love going to museums and festivals

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/20 16:28:48 )

@Purpsy: Thanks! It's happening today. I'm very excited.

@Qiqi Agatha: Natural History Museum. It's a really nice one! I also love going to museums and festivals. There are a ton of them in DC. You should visit if you get the chance. ^^

@Alorrena: Yeah it's true. I wish that all moms were as great as yours lol.
Oh that's very nice. I'm glad that she was able to get you all of those things. You can never be too safe when it comes to biking. :)

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/20 23:26:53 )
@Totalanimefan: Me too, honestly. (especially in the case of my MIL lol!) And yeah, very true. Especially in Florida. people are crazy, inattentive, and not always good drivers, so at least if i do (god forbid) get hit, they can't say they couldn't see me lol

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/21 15:09:43 )

@Alorrena: yeah exactly lol

Ugh I know. I never liked the drivers in FL either. They really don’t pay attention at all! I hope you can stay safe :) Around me there is lots of bike only lanes and trails. Maybe you can see if there is anything like that near you.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/22 00:04:59 )
@Totalanimefan: Unfortunately where i live bike lanes or even a wider shoulder of the road don't really exist. In fact i don't think i've seen any bike lanes here. It's so different compared to where i grew up where there was ALWAYS a bike lane or at least a foot between the white line and the edge of the pavement where you could ride safely out of traffic. or there was the sidewalk. a lot of areas here don't even have sidewalks so before i leave the house on my bike i go on google maps street view to check where there are and aren't sidewalks at the very least. I know i'm not supposed to ride my bike on the sidewalk, but i'm not riding in the street if i can help it, especially at night.

So last night around like 3:45 my mother in law messaged the group chat we have between her me and Tyi, and asked if we were banging or moving stuff around, which we weren't, so i got super concerned and went to check on my bike in the back yard where it's locked up to a clothes line pole, and heard what she was talking about. I think (hope) it was just like a raccoon or something, because when i turned on the porch light it didn't stop, and when i opened the back door it stopped for a second before continuing for a few moments longer before stopping completely. I didn't see anything though, and my bike is fine, but it really freaked me out. about 10 minutes later the neighbor's motion sensored back light came on, and i didn't see anything then either. But it was dark so it was difficult to tell.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/22 05:25:14 )
@Purpsy: ooooh i love your avatar!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/22 14:42:36 )

@Totalanimefan: How did it go? :3
@alorrena: Awe thanks~
Yours is pretty fab as well

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/22 20:06:48 )

@Alorrena: The part of FL I lived in was like that too. I think personally it's ok as long as you can't running anyone over on the sidewalk. :)

I hope everything is alright with your stuff!

@Purpsy: I had a timed entry pass but when we got there the line was huge just to get in and my husband and I were like F it, we will go another day. (I still don't really understand why the line for timed passes was so long, it was at least 150 people, no joke). So we went to a different museum, walked right in and had a great time.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/22 20:15:45 )
@Totalanimefan: I get it, even I'm pretty sick of winter at this point. I'm glad to hear work is getting easier :) I'm doing good, spent most of the weekend with my friends in the band which was a lot of fun. They got confirmed to be playing with Born of Osiris (one of my favorite bands) on the 12th so just a couple weeks before I get to see two of my favorite bands. :D

How are you, otherwise?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/22 22:35:21 )

@SorrowTheMad: I thought you loved winter though? But yeah I think it’s easy to be sick of any season when it’s close to the end of it. Like ok I’m ready for something different lol
That sounds really awesome. I went to a nice museum on Monday. I had off of work. I really am spoiler for choice on different things to do here in DC.
I’m sure you will love those concerts. Most of my favorite bands are Japanese and there aren’t many international musicians touring right now. Maybe in 2024. :)

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/23 01:38:14 )
@Purpsy: Thanks! I think this is the longest i have gone without changing my avi. For a while i was changing it every week lol
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, legally i'm not supposed to with the ebike and am only supposed to ride in bike lanes or the street while the throttle or the pedal assist function, but if i'm pedaling, how would anyone know that i'm using it?

Yeah, it's all fine. I'm pretty sure it was a raccoon rustling about because there were no human foot prints in the backyard, and the ground was soft.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/23 02:15:32 )

@Alorrena: Yeah deff don't use the throttle on the sidewalk lol.
People wouldn't know. I think you would be ok.

Oh good it was only that.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/23 03:59:33 )
@Totalanimefan: I do, but only when i stop peddaling anyway because i'm out of shape lol otherwise i just use the pedal assisst.

Yeah, i'm glad. Nothing was taken either, and my bike wasn't touched. Yesterday i put the bike alarm on and reflective things on the spokes. The alarm is LOUD! I also moved my bike under the porch and locked it up where the porch screen was ripped. I had to rip a hole into the other side, but that section was already ripped on the other end so i didn't feel bad about it. Eventually i want to get a more permanent bike stand that i can lock my bike to that's not attached to the house. My mom also ordered a cover, so hopefully that will help too.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/23 17:30:34 )
0h cool @Totalanimefan: you're in the DMV area!? I haven't been to DC since 2016. I always liked going to the Smithsonian when I am there. I'm glad you had fun

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/23 17:35:16 )

@Qiqi Agatha: yeah I am. Moved here a few years ago. I like living here a lot. Tons to see and do around here.

@Alorrena: bike stands and covers are important. I have both for my bike and it makes a big difference. :)

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/23 17:40:47 )

@Totalanimefan: Wow I wouldn't have the patience to wait in that long line either so glad it work out in the end that you went in to another museum. Was the first one you originally wanted to go is well known and popular or something?

Did you see something really interesting?

@alorrena: There are just some avis that you just want to wear forever xD
I can't even bring myself to delete some of my favourites and it's been years.

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/23 17:54:09 )
That's good @Totalanimefan: you enjoyed living there after your move. Yh, there is lots to do there and I like the people as well, even if most people work at the White House or related to it.
I'm so ready to move out of Southern Cali and I'm also ok if I never comeback. I thought I never would utter these words, especially since I was born and raised here. It has become very toxic (people and politics) here and even more dangerous than it was during the peak of the 90's during the crack era. There are a few things that I need to do before I can decide/plan to move out here
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/23 22:54:08 )

@Purpsy: There was a special event happening that day. I got the tickets like two weeks ago but I didn't care that much to wait in that line lol
I went to an art museum that was pretty un-busy lol. I got to see Pacaso's art! I'd never seen it before in real life. There was also some cool stuff on art from freed African American people from the south that I really liked. Apparently it was very popular for them to make quilts. I thought they were really pretty.

How are you doing?

@Qiqi Agatha: Oh did you live in the DMV area for long? I don't know anyone here who works in politics but some people do work for the various government agencies around here. I did live in CA for 5 years but not LA. I don't know if I could live there. I like the food but the traffic, the prices, the culture is just not for me. If you could move away, where would you move to?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/23 23:07:43 )

@Totalanimefan: Ah that makes sense then.
Oooh that sounds very interesting stuff. And do you mean by Picasso? If so I'm a bit jealous lol
A half-empty museum is still nice to go to. Been on some before and it can be such a heaven to go to if your not a fan of large crowds.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.