Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/17 22:31:44 )
@Purpsy: It's ok, you can do spoilers for me - (1) I probably won't watch it (2) if I do, I probably won't remember the spoilers (3) if I do, I wouldn't care.
My day is going ok, thanks. Yours?

@Koah: ........I made it Costco. Does that count? XD

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/17 23:54:27 )
@Wildfire: lol it definitely counts, costco is exhausting. XD it's big and full of people.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/18 00:20:04 )
@Koah: fortunately it wasn't too busy when I went this time... But I ended up stuck behind a couple of very lost people and had to drive 30mph ALL the way home (speed limit is 45) with the back of my vehicle full of frozen food ...but it could have been worse.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/18 14:35:01 )

@Wildfire: Alrighty then :3
Yeah my day went well yesterday. I was kind of on a rabbit hole watching the series but at least I got some artwork done. I need to post it online later.
I had very little sleep last night though like around 4 hours, so today is going to be a loong day =w=

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/18 14:49:19 )
@Purpsy: LOL. Rarely do I mind seeing spoilers. But I appreciate the thoughtfulness :3
Rabbit holes can be fun (or annoying, or any number of things) but they can also be time-consuming, so I'm glad you got some artwork done at least.

I didn't get much sleep last night either. For whatever reason, I was just "up" until about 3 or 4 am... and hubby was just playing with the dog on the bed while I was trying to get some more sleep, so yeah, I completely feel ya on the 4 hours of sleep thing. Ugh. ... and I have plans tonight that will be fun, but will keep me up and out of the house later than usual. Maybe I'll nap later...

Do you have any plans for the day today? More drawing? More rabbit holes?

*cheers*

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/18 16:23:46 )

@Wildfire: I have no clue really. I may take a nap later also if I get too tired. I already finished watching the anime last night so life feels a little empty every time I finish a good show. I'll just see how today plays out ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Have fun with your late outing! At least you have something to look forward to ^^
*cheers back*

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/19 15:30:04 )
@Purpsy: So what did you end up doing yesterday? Did you enjoy yourself?

I was soooo tired yesterday, it was almost dream-like most of the day and I didn't get anything productive done at all. I tried napping. That didn't work. I ended up getting another cup of coffee later in the afternoon. That helped. My evening plans were actually a little disappointing, but I'm glad we went out. I feel like I slept like a zombie last night. Unfortunately, I still feel like a zombie this morning so far. I'm really hoping caffeine helps...

... and ... ugh? Good morning to everyone....? o_0

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/19 15:58:56 )

@Wildfire: Honestly is not different of how your day went through yesterday. I failed napping a couple of times too.
I think for the most part I was just listening some moody songs & playlists on yt and was staring at my ceiling and let my thoughts wander. But I wasn't also depress but mainly it was just a very slow day.

I'm sorry it didn't go well for your last night but at least you got a bit of fresh air. Did you slept well last night?
I've had enough sleep so I woke up feeling quite more alive than yesterday.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/19 16:13:01 )
@Purpsy: Yeah, I slept better last night, but I am definitely still feeling zombie-ish this morning... like I didn't get enough sleep or something, although I should have gotten enough. So far, the caffeine isn't helping a whole lot. Part of it, I think, is the pollen making me a bit congested (haven't taken the allergy meds yet). Yes yesterday was just... yes, slow. And I'm not entirely sure why (obviously, the sleepiness, but it felt slow even "around" that).

I'm so glad you got some sleep last night and are feeling more alive today! <3 Do you have plans for the day?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/19 16:38:14 )

@Wildfire: Maybe the caffeine is not kicking in yet? Did you just drink them recently?
Awe feeling that congested is definitely not comfortable. Pollen just crazily grows there huh

I sort of have plans but in the most classic fashion, I'm procrastinating xD
I'm distracted creating another avi here more than anything at the moment lel

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/19 16:41:34 )
@Purpsy: Yeah, pollen is crazy here. There are times when you can literally see it floating in clouds out of the trees!
The caffeine is slowly....ooooh, so very slowly... taking effect. I still feel like I could probably go back to sleep though... although I know I couldn't. It's just that physical feeling, ya know?

Why are you procrastinating doing an avi??

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/19 17:02:46 )

@Wildfire: That is insane o.o
Do you ever thought of moving somewhere there's less pollen? Um just saying since it seems like your allergies are affecting you almost daily.
Yeah I get that often with coffee also. I've been told if you drink coffee in 90 minutes after you wake up the caffeine will be more effective and it keeps you awake most of the day. Not sure how true that is though, I did learn it on yt shorts and have tried it and is still 'bout the same for me. But is worth the try?

I'm just stump on this one I'm working in and got hooked. But I'll start moving eventually =w=

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/19 20:03:27 )
@Purpsy: ... nope... not thinking of moving. I actually think that part of my allergies is because the environment I'm currently in (sub tropical) is much more lush and just very different from the environment in which I grew up (U.S. Northeast/New England). It is just the nature of this area, all the warmth, etc., that makes everything bloom. Right now, it's the trees going wild... and yes, I tend to feel it for a couple of months each "Spring", but it's better than freezing to death and not seeing the sun for months and months at a time, imo...

I've read things along the same lines as what you're mentioning with the caffeine... drink a cup of coffee, then take a nap, and it all works together wonderfully... except in what I've read, the time-frame is much shorter - 30 minutes, instead of 90...

... apparently, it's a movie day around here. Neither me nor my husband particularly feels like moving or doing anything productive. We're ordering pizza and doing laundry. Otherwise, we're sitting on the couch XD

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/20 12:59:34 )
I've tested that theory before @Purpsy: and got results closer to what @Wildfire: said (about 15 to 30 minutes). When I wake up, I am not able to process anything which makes it easier to meditate. On other mornings, I want my caffeine and get to work.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/20 14:26:29 )
@Lotus: Hey Lotus. How are you doing? It's good to see you popping by :3

Good morning.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/20 14:45:13 )

@Wildfire: Ah that makes sense. Yeah winter can be brutal if your not well prepared for it, I guess those pollens are just one of the small price to pay on living in a more tropical climate =3=

Ah I probably got the information wrong, not the first time though. First time hearing about taking a nap right after though.

@lotus: Hello! I'm not sure anymore for me. Regardless what I just get tired around late afternoon =w=
Edit: Btw mind telling me what item is those legs are called? I want to write it down on my wishlist

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/20 14:52:44 )

Good morning, I was up too late last night kind of by accident. I looked up at one point and it was 3am, lol (at which point I made myself go to bed).

Also my shirt I've been waiting on finally showed up a couple days ago! I tried to take photos last night but the lighting in my house sucks, so I'm going to attempt to take photos today. :)

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/20 15:50:15 )
@Purpsy: lol... yeah it's a "body hack" that has been circulating for a while. I've accidentally done it a couple of times myself and it's actually pretty effective :3

So what are your plans for the day?

... and answering on behalf of Key, the legs are from the Roller Derby item

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/20 15:58:14 )
@CooperationIsKey: Good morning. 3am huh... accidentally? That's... an interesting talent XD ... of course, I'm not one to talk given that I was also up until at least that late/early... but I was trying to sleep and just... not. *sigh*

... and your shirt came! Woohoo!!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/20 15:59:42 )
Morning.
It's been a long weekend and I'm ready for a better week. Cx

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.