Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2022: Hide and Shriek! Voltra Police Department | Update Logs and Hangout (*NEW* Page Raffle)

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/20 15:25:47 )
@CooperationIsKey: LOL... yeah, I get that!
It really is gloomy-looking out there, isn't it? Hubby says it's warm though (I haven't been out yet, nor have I checked the weather channel). I'm about to go find out, though - I have a lot of errands to run today! How are you doing?

@Hydrangea: LOL. Right? I wouldn't want that position either - too much jockeying for ... anything...

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/20 17:25:13 )

@Wildfire: Certainly warmer than it looks; my computer says it's 62 at the moment. I was out there in leggings and a tshirt and perfectly fine. Honestly I'm ready for it to be a bit colder for a while!

...I wrote that like an hour ago and got distracted talking to my dad about the repair I've gotta have done to my phone lmao. Oops.

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/20 17:37:20 )

Seriously, you ask for advice towards replacing the battery in your existing phone and end up with a lecture about how you should have a savings account. While I agree, I had to give up my savings account years ago because I couldn't keep enough money in it to not have it drained by fees every month anyway. And even if I could save money every month, I legally am not allowed to HAVE as much money as the latest phones require in savings without losing my benefits anyway. Phones are stupid expensive and disability rules are just stupid. :I

So anyway how are your mornings going? XD;

Voltie — HIM Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/20 17:58:06 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Wildfire: Heck no. Public office is too much responsibility. Besides, people like mayors, governors, or presidents are held up as the figureheads and held to account for things they might not even have any influence over.
You're put under scrutiny for your words and actions, and people view you as less of a person because of the position.
And with good reason too, because political powers of any kind is a corruptor.

Art by kiwi

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/20 19:54:50 )
@CooperationIsKey: Yeah, I was just running around in a tshirt and lightweight long pants and I'm too hot... It looks colder than it is. The gray skies, man... the gray skies... >.>

I'm glad to be home after running some errands. Costco was beyond nuts. Every shopping plaza I went by was busy. Does everyone wait until the last minute to get gifts?

Oh- and just in case you hadn't noticed, the Snowbirds have flocked down here now... Ontario, Quebec, PA, NY, MASS., CT., IL, KY, ... yep... they're all here :3

I'm sorry you're having to deal with those stupid rules... I know it can be difficult.

How is your day going now that you're no longer getting unexpected lectures?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/20 19:58:37 )
@Rallaa: Yeah, it's not a job I would want either, and I completely agree with you about politics (or any position of authority) being a likely candidate for corruption. It takes a truly ethically stellar person to withstand that "status quo" and our culture just doesn't encourage true ethics or morality any more (IMO). And, the people who tend to gravitate towards those positions tend to be predisposed to ego trips that lend themselves to corruption and control issues...

Ok... well that got a little heavier than I was expecting XD

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/21 00:10:59 )

@Wildfire: The goofy weather has me figuring out whether to wear pants or shorts for Christmas. I'm going to my dad's beach condo for the day, which would normally lend itself to shorts, but it's supposed to be pretty cold or so I thought, so now I'm not sure. Maybe I'll bring joggers just in case, lol.

Oh lord, I'll bet Costco was a nightmare!! And yes, I think most people probably wait until the last minute. At least if they can afford them!

Yeah, tis the season for the snowbirds, fa la la la la, la la la lol.

It's frustrating because I also need a new computer but like, how? Sheesh. Been considering a rent to own though I know that'll ultimately make me pay way more for the damn thing.

My day's going fine now! I slept weird last night (fell asleep early, woke up like around midnight, was up most of the night) so I fell asleep through the middle of the day, but I'm awake and doing good now. Pain level is way better than it's been the past couple days so I'm doing much better in that department! :D

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/21 02:07:44 )

Questing :
Squirrel Away x2 | Untamed Outlaw | Song of Sixpence: |

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Evening everyone 'rubs eyes' I of course have to stay up to keep an ear out for country, a friend, while my sister is passed out in her room. 'growels.' <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/21 05:30:06 )

Voltra y u keep logging me out?
Please ping me!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/21 13:45:01 )
ˑؘ ۪۪۫۫Formerly known as ChiffonOrange ۪۪۫۫ ؘ

Maybe it's a cookie cache problem? Just guessin'.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/21 14:04:51 )
@CooperationIsKey: Beachfront on Christmas? I'd probably wear long pants and a tshirt and bring shorts and a hoodie. I haven't double checked the weather for this weekend yet, but isn't there another cold front supposed to come through FL again ... like today? And the beach can be so hit-or-miss when it comes to temperatures, it's hard to tell what's going to happen, so I'd be prepared for either hot or cold. :3 I may head to the beach for a bit today and can tell you what I find, if you want... but that may or may not apply a couple days from now.

I'm glad you're feeling better, even if your sleep got wonky. Your body must have needed it, though.

Eeesh - can you maybe take out a small loan from a family member and pay them off a little each month for the computer, like you would do at Rent-to-Own? At least that way, you won't be paying so much more for the computer, but can still afford the payments...? /just a thought/

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/21 18:13:12 )

I wasn't here yesterday cause I was helping a friend out with some drama she was going through. Today I have to go to the store to get food before the storm comes. Not really looking forward to that.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/21 20:04:08 )

@Rei Ann: Yesterday was a stressful day cause a friend was over but she had a lot of drama going on in her life and she wouldn't stop asking me about it or wanting my advice.

Npc Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/21 21:05:17 )
URGENT MONSTER TASK FORCE UPDATE: MAJOR CASE DEVELOPMENT
LOG 3346 | CREATURE SIGHTING ; ASSAULT ; PUBLIC SAFETY CONCERN

Officers JC, Milly, and Garry at scene. Calling for all available Monster Task Force Units. URGENT.
COMMENTS
Officers JC, Milly, and Garry making their way to suspected missing civilian Vontell Capella's resident. On route to home, a phone call was placed to his landline number. Vontell answers and verifies he is at home and safe, although tired from his ordeal at the river. After some conversation is exchanged, a great secret is revealed - the identity of the culprit. Now cornered, the creature makes its presence known and is currently attacking.
ALL MONSTER TASK FORCE UNITS: THIS IS URGENT! ASSISTANCE IS NEEDED ASAP AT LOCATION.

INVESTIGATIVE POINTS
  • Vontell confirms he has been working his own angle to this case and investigating his own leads
  • After his frightful encounter with the Grindylok, he narrows down his suspect: which is stated in the notes he dropped in his panic.
  • The culprit is a shapeshifting creature and has likely taken the form of someone close to the investigation.
  • His words of warning come a bit too late to the officers, as the creature reveals itself having posed as someone in a part of the investigation and is now attacking those at the scene.

ONCE AGAIN, AN URGENT CALL TO ALL MONSTER TASK FORCE PERSONEL!! ALL HANDS NEEDED AT LOCATION!! PUBLIC SAFETY IS A CONCERN AND DEFEATING THIS FOE IS NUMBER ONE PRIORITY!! PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/21 21:47:06 )

@Totalanimefan: we are getting a mini freeze....yikes. it is supposed to start tomorrow evening. i should be safe at home with my family by then. it's a 4 hour drive from my house. luckily there is no precipitation just wind chill.

louisiana aint set up to receive snow...

bloop

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/21 22:59:57 )

@Wildfire: yeah exactly. Today is the last ‘nice’ day of weather before rain and the Arctic front hits us. So that plus the fact that Christmas is coming soon made it super busy at the grocery store even in the off hours. I live near Costco and I saw the line of cars a few blocks away trying to get in and I thought that is way too much chaos for me. Lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/21 23:01:45 )

@Bonnie: we are also set to receive the Arctic front, but after you. I hope that your family stay safe it’s really unusual to think that there might be snow in Louisiana.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/21 23:06:56 )
      I would grasp my pearls if I had any to wear. Going to Costco this week is like entering hell mode!
      I don't even want to drive past a Costco, much less try to battle for some ingredients with the billion other people. The last time I was in one was just prior to a holiday and I watched a woman shove an old man--who had to be about 150--just so she could get in line somewhere.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/21 23:21:56 )
    @Totalanimefan: Yeah... that front is (or at least was) supposed to come down here too. I still haven't checked the forecast to see if that's still the case...

Yeah... I was ready to deck somebody in the parking lot at Costco before I even went in... she got out of her car (next to mine) and just glared and stared at me as I moved baskets from in front of and around my vehicle because people are too damn lazy, apparently, to bring them two spots over to the return thing... I don't know what her problem was, but she obviously had one... directed at me for some reason.

@blue: ... and seriously? I would have had something to say about that, had I witnessed it...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/21 23:24:44 )

@blue: I don't know why people would do that to themselves. Honestly. I just walked two blocks to the regular store and got what I needed for the next few days and Christmas dinner and then walked home. I guess if you are serving like 15 people it would be worth it? But yeah totally crazy.

@Wildfire: We aren't getting it until Friday afternoon or night cause it's coming from the northwest. Maybe you guys will have a similar timeframe ?
    People just be crazy at Costco.

By Ghost
    https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
    Discord: Totalanimefan
    @me
    I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
    Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
    Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.