Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2022: Hide and Shriek! Voltra Police Department | Update Logs and Hangout (*NEW* Page Raffle)

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 00:08:25 )
Total - we bought a philodendron and a "mini white" ... fittonia argyroneura...

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 00:08:44 )

This video is really funny (About working from home)
https://youtube.com/shorts/PbgCPAZ31y4?feature=share

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 00:09:11 )

Oh those are really pretty! I only buy pet safe plants cause my cat likes to get into them.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 00:10:10 )
Oh yeah - I honestly wasn't even thinking about pet safe plants... but I have dogs, and these are elevated on planters on the half-walls we have... it shouldn't be an issue...

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 00:11:10 )
Thanks! Since I haven't been here for a winter holiday event yet, i dont have any EI's to go with the theme so i did my best with what i had/could buy at the shops. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, mostly.

Wildfire- i'm doing well, thanks for asking! How about you?
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 00:12:05 )

I feel like dogs are much less likely to get into plants. My cats loves to mess with them.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 00:12:27 )

@Alorrena: Some of the daily threads are quick to do and you get a free EI from it. ^^

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 00:12:37 )
@Alorrena: Your avi is reminding me of that kids' holiday special with Hermie the wannabe dentist elf... <3 It's cute

I've had an interesting day. I'm glad to be home and able to chill now, tbh.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 00:13:08 )
There's something about cats and plants...

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 00:15:36 )

I feel like he does it cause he's jealous that I give them attention. He tends to mess with them to get my attention too.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 00:15:46 )

I wonder what I should make for dinner?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 00:18:06 )
Cats are so weird.

What were you going to make for dinner - anything in particular? Or what do you have on hand? I have to check my notes to see what I was going to make... I am seriously that mentally fried ATM....

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 00:20:13 )

Maybe I should make Grilled Cheese? That sounds good to me.
I'm mentally pretty gone too today. Yesterday I had a friend over and she was going through a rough, stressful time but wanted to keep talking about it and keep asking me for advice. Today I feel so drained cause of it.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 00:25:32 )
That's tough when a friend is in that state... but it's good of you to be there for her. I hope whatever she's going through works out... and that you recuperate!!

I had a rough afternoon, after a stressful week or so... I'm not sure I'm cooking tonight. Maybe I'll make hubby get something since he's going out

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 00:28:34 )

I hope so too. I was thinking about it today and I think that cause I was trying to help and be a good friend I was letting her do it too much. I mean literally like hours. We were end the conversation and then like 10 mins later she would want to talk about it again. I think that of course I will still help her out and she can still come to me, but besides like the first hour of chatting I don't know if it really helped her, I think all that extra talking just kept her in that anxious state. I think next time I'll say something like, we have been talking about this for a while now and I don't want us to spiral. Let's try to distract ourselves since we can't do anything about it right now.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 00:32:11 )
@Totalanimefan: ahh... that can be a tough call. She is either "dwelling" or "processing" and it can be hard to tell which sometimes. Still, it's good that you were there for her

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 00:35:34 )

I totally agree and it's even harder to know in the moment. I was looking some stuff up today and I learned about Ruminating and Co-rominating. Which is different than just venting and working something out. Basically it's where it's starts out like venting but then talking about it over and over without a resolution just keeps you in the anxious/negitive state. Our bodies and minds need breaks from that state when there is nothing we can do about it at the moment. Pretty interesting piece of Psych I learned about today.

I will always be there for my friends ^^

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 00:42:45 )
Humans are absolutely amazing...
How we adapt. How we sometimes don't adapt...

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 00:44:00 )

Yes and it's also amazing what we do know and don't know about our own brains. You would think the brain would know everything about itself but it's not that way.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 00:46:46 )
well, it's not like the body knows everything about itself either... to be fair... ya know... XD

But yes, it is pretty amazing.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.