Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Favorite Apple Varieties

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 19:23:21 )
Hello, everyone! One of my biggest preoccupations in life is apples: growing them, eating them, talking about them incessantly, giving them away to people to they can enjoy them, just sharing my love of apples in general. So I ask you: what are some of your favorite kinds of apples?

My favorite apple is probably Cox's Orange Pippin, though Reine des Reinettes, Cornish Gilliflower, Golden Delicious, Roxbury Russet, Cripps Pink, Gravenstein, and McIntosh are also high up on my list. I use Rhode Island Greening for baking most of the time, or Mutsu when I can't get it. I tried Hubbardston Nonesuch and Lamb Abbey Pearmain for the first time this apple season, and at the moment I'm excited about some Ashmead's Kernel I have. They taste like a cross between an apple an an orange, with a strong citrusy note, so you could say that it's apple and oranges!

Half of the fun of apples is how many have silly names. So, what do you like for apples? There's never a wrong answer because all apples are amazing in their own way!

Donator — Any Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 21:59:25 )

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::

@Mathonwy: I didnt know there were so many apple varities! We used to have an apple tree at my old house, but the new owners cut it down :(. I remember a wonderful woman would bring her horse over and we would collect a bunch to give to her haha. Homemade applesauce was the best part though~.
I just like the green ones at the supermarket haha. Been wanting to get some locally grown fruit for awhile now though, I miss the taste of homegrown food.

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::

Please ping me!

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 23:12:23 )
@milkshake: Home grown is always the best! Certainly the most fresh, and it always tastes so personal and special. I just say, keep exploring! I'm always surprised to find new foods that I like. ^_^

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 23:49:47 )
    Pink Lady are my number one! Also one I ate in Italy, honey something (Miele).

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Artist Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 00:26:27 )
I prefer honeycrisp and golden delicious 🤤

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 00:34:05 )
Pink Lady or Gala apples for me.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Voltie — she/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 14:47:15 )

I really like the green sour apples

but really, I havent had an apple that I dont like. I'd eat any type!

pears are what i discriminate against

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 15:08:34 )
I'm seeing some wonderful varieties here! I'm happy that so many love Golden Delicious and Cripps Pink. I always recommend the latter for those times when there aren't too many choices in super markets. Honeycrisp is good, too! For those who like Honeycrisp, have you tried Rave and SnapDragon? I think they'd be to your taste!

Donator — she/they/him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/7 06:40:44 )

honeycrisp
&
cosmic crisp
are my 2 favs~

☥ "Think of me when you look at the night sky" ☥

leave me msgs here

The Crooked Dog Inn

plz ping me!

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/7 13:19:59 )
Jonagold is a great one to try if you like Honeycrisp and Cosmic Crisp!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/7 17:32:36 )

Honeycrisp is my #1! I love to keep it in the fridge and then I have an Apple slicer and then I just eat it cold. Makes it extra crisp haha

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/7 17:49:41 )
Wow! I now know a lot more about apples! Thank you... my favorite apple is a green granny smith, I like the taste, a little bit sour yet sweet. To me at least.

Voltie — Depressed Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/7 18:22:52 )
Honey crisp is my favorite.

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/7 19:15:39 )
I see more Honeycrisp and Granny Smith fans! Those seem really popular, as well as Cripps Pink. I always say there are no bad apples, but you all have very fine taste. =D

I'm going to have a Cox's Orange Pippin and a Knobbed Russet for lunch.

Donator — He/They Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/7 23:44:26 )

I haven't tried that many varieties, since I only have what shows up in the grocery stores near me. Of those, I usually go for either Granny Smith or Pink Lady. I got my hands on Autumn Glory apples once a few years ago. Those were my favorite, but I haven't seen them around since then.

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/8 01:02:43 )
@count trashula: Awww, I wish I could help because I saw them in a store just the other day!

Donator — He/They Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/8 03:02:48 )

@Mathonwy: Dang. I'll be keeping an eye out for them this time of year. Who knows?

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/8 04:45:53 )

Cripps Pink/Pink Lady, 100% the best I've had.

Growing up, Granny Smith were my fave. I'd slice them up really thin and that was my go-to for lunch, along with a sandwich (at least when I was home-schooled).

Now I really want an apple.

Please ping me!

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/8 05:10:20 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I love Fuji. They are sweet and taste super good.
its crazy to me the amount of varieties apples have.

For a long time tho i thought i was allergic to apples or apple skins due to my lips use to swell
when i ate them.
turns out was the stuff that was sprayed on them.

I should get some apples soon.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/8 13:10:45 )
Ah, my wicked plan of getting everyone excited about apples is coming into...fruition! Mwah ha ha ha!
It's just your friendly apple maiden!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.