Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day 2022: Spring Cleaning! Super late posting, help me get a set?

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/17 23:06:55 )
@Ruby: well i just got one item too so far. Youre not alone plus your avi is really pretty!
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/18 02:56:16 )
Totalanimefan:
[center]

[color=DODGERBLUE]@Ruby: I was away before cooking and studying.
I am, but I'm staying inside on the really hot days (Like today) it hot 99 here today! But I have AC and it works.
Good that you got your AC fixed yesterday. What do you like to keep it at?

whoops sorry I got busy doing stuff and forgot to check back lol might not make that bundle after all @.@

Oof yeah it was almost 100 here the other day too.
Ideally I like the temp to be 68. If I had my way it would be between 65-70 every single day with low to no humidity xD (I grew up near portland oregon so that's pretty much how life was before these heat waves)
unfortunately even with the AC being recharged we still can't set it to what we want, so we cool it off at night and then just have to maintain it during the day by letting it rest. It's an old system (older than me) and it's just not strong enough to handle summer weather. But it's a hell of a lot nicer in here than it was last week so I'm grateful to have any AC lol
[/color]
[/center]

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/18 02:57:26 )
@icedchai: I feel like I lost track of the time because being on staff I've been seeing these items for weeks already and I just got distracted xD but yeah they're super cute and I forgot to get my butt on and actually get them xD whoops lol How are you doing have you been able to get them yet?

@Kent: For real it's the worst D; a few years ago the AC didn't work AT ALL and of course all summer it had to be at or near 100% humidity with like no breeze at all. It was literally too hot to even lay on the couch and scroll thru memes on my phone. Scrolling was too much exertion. And I felt sick the whole time because my sugar was so spiked no matter what I did. (I'm type 1 diabetic and heat makes my sugar high, it's a real pain in the butt)
So yeah, I'm glad to have the AC back haha

Aww cute! :3 I'm sure he likes that he can still get some outside time. I feel bad but I like to keep my cats indoors so they're safer. People drive way too fast and we have snakes and stuff out back and other wildlife and you just never know what people might do too. Although it's hard to do when the cat is used to being outside lol Although if you cat was mostly outdoor before I'm sure he's got more street smarts than mine would xD

@Miss Sandman: I'm glad I'm not the only one but also I'm sorry you're in the same predicament as me xD Also thank you so much! I'm a big fan of your avis, it means a lot :3 speaking of which your current is so cool!

@KDA Drew: Maybe someone will have an extra you can buy?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/18 07:20:28 )
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
@Ruby: I'll chat with you! Any big plans for the weekend?

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/18 18:18:29 )
@PashminaPanda: oh thanks! :D
Not anything major, my mom is working (from home) but in between that we’re packing to go away on a trip with my grandma to the mountains for a few days. (I can’t handle crowds so we usually do things during the week when people work lol) if all goes well we’ll get a few days to just chill in a cabin and watch some movies and play some games and stuff so should be fun :) I’m looking forward to it.

How about you?

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/18 18:26:08 )
@Alorrena:
@anarchist beauty:
@aisukohi:

I made a thread for the last day if you’re around to chat 👀

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/18 19:17:57 )
@Ruby: Oh wow, that sounds lovely! :o Honestly I'm not a fan of crowds either, I prefer to do everything during the week and just use a PTO day from work.
Next weekend I'm going to a family reunion, so I think I'm going to use this weekend to do a whole lot of nothing. ^^ I'm excited to see some relatives that I haven't seen in 10+ years, but I know very well I'm going to be drained afterward. lol

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/18 20:34:05 )
Oh nice! Yeah i'll be in and out to chat :] How's everyone today?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/18 20:54:52 )

@Ruby: When is the last day we can earn currency?
When was the last time the system was cleaned ? Dust can really wreck it.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/18 23:06:26 )
@KDA Drew: its not a really talked about aspect because in my experience only type 1’s are affected like that, not so much type 2’s. That being said, anyone could get too overheated and feel off so xD
Also if your adrenals don’t work well that makes it worse because they regulate your body temp. (Spoiler, mine don’t work well lol) I have an arsenal of different sized gel ice packs that I always keep in the freezer, then a thin dish towel to wrap them in so that its not directly on me but can still feel the coolness that I will put on my forehead or the top of my head or the back of my neck. Back of the neck really helps cool your whole body down so I definitely suggest trying that and seeing if it helps. You could also get a ziploc of ice if you have ice or a bag of frozen peas or something lol
Oh! And if you’re feeling anxious you can put ice in the middle of your chest to help calm down your vagus nerve (the main nerve that controls things like heart rate). Idk if it works for everyone but it has helped me in the past.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/18 23:09:02 )
@PashminaPanda: glad I’m not alone! Weekends suck for me but I understand why the majority of people like them lol
Oh that sounds fun! I went to a reunion once, but my family are awful people so it was a bust 😂 never went back lol
I hope yours is more fun and better company xD

@Alorrena: I’m alright, tryna stay cool lol how are you? :3

@Totalanimefan: idk according to the announcement it said the forums would close the 19th so I’m just assuming today is the last day lol

you can clean it? xD
The guy cleaned the outside system out but we haven’t done anything with the ducts. Deep cleaning our house is on the top of our to do list lol

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/18 23:42:30 )
@Ruby: same, actually. Makes me glad my hubby and i moved our computers to the other bedroom- our bedroom is gonna be so nice to sleep in tonight!

i just got back from grocery shopping. Found some pickle flavored peanuts that i just had to buy because the brand is Dee's Nuts. The pickles and peanuts combo is confusing and makes me think that this was probably someone's pregnancy craving with pickles and peanut butter. it's quite interesting.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/19 00:26:47 )
@Ruby: The only reason I'm really going is because it's the last big party at my grandma's house as she'll be selling it in 2-3 years. </3 I've made a lot of fond memories there, so I try to go there every chance I get. She lives on this huge property with a lake and it's absolutely beautiful this time of year.
Thinking about playing Pokemon Crystal again.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/19 00:55:38 )
@Alorrena: I’m so glad my house is finally cool lol summer is always such a big stressor so its nice to have one less thing lol

Omg that sounds kinda good actually xD also A+ business name xD

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/19 00:56:39 )
@PashminaPanda: omg that sounds amazing! I definitely see why you would want to go. Hell I’d love to go too xD
It’d be awesome to have a property like that.
Why is she selling? Is it getting to be too much to take care of?

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/19 01:08:41 )
@Ruby: yeah, i'll feel the same way once my mother in law moves out and i can bump the AC down a few degrees. She keeps it at 78-79 all the time and it's pretty awful. It's comfortable if you're not doing anything and aren't near the PCs or in the kitchen cooking. And she rarely cooks at home, and she doesn't use computers at home. So she's comfortable all the time while Tyi and i are usually dying.

They were actually. And yes, the brand is what caught my attention, actually. i found them at Walmart. Tyi tried them and said they were weird, but i liked them.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/19 01:30:56 )
@Alorrena: omg what is it with old people and making it a sauna Dx that is WAY too hot for inside the house. Anything over 75 is too much and 70 is as high as I want it lol
I feel your pain tho my grandma’s apartment is BOILING and she’s a mean old goat.
She doesn’t take care of her house at all so we have to go over and so all the cooking and cleaning and we’re just pouring sweat after. Although now we just turn it on (not too low but enough to have some air flow) and tell her to suck it up lol like if you want food sit down and stfu xD

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/19 02:03:31 )
@Ruby: i have no clue. The sad thing is is that she's not even that old. She's like, 48 or 49. Her parent's house is worse- they keep it at 80-82, depending on how hot it is outside. if it's hotter the house is also hotter, if it's cooler, they open the windows. I agree with you about it being too hot if it's over 75, and i also want the ac set at 70, though honestly, when she moves out, because of how the house is (crappy insulation, cracks in doors, all sorts of ways for the cool air to escape) we will probably keep it at 74 or 73, because otherwise our electric bill will be ridiculous. Also, while we will be able to afford whatever it is, i don't wanna spend too much on it. If i were in your shoes, i would also tell her to suck it up cause it's only temporary while you're there. Is this the grandma that used to live in Florida?

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/19 02:41:34 )
@Alorrena: omg what? xD that’s even worse then xD

Nah I totally understand, it can really run up a bill pretty quick. We usually try to cool it off at night when its cooler outside and then its easier to maintain the cool throughout the day (keeping everything shut, we have bad seals too so I also understand that lol)

Haha yep that’s the one. She just refuses to do anything and refuses to even try to walk (and she could if she wanted to. She’s not wheelchair bound but she wants to be because she’s lazy and knows people will just do it for her 🙄)

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/19 04:48:18 )
@Ruby: Yeah. And it's pretty bad. Before we moved in she turned the AC off unless she was at home, and even then i'm pretty sure she didn't really use it or she had it set to like 80 or something. And if we put it at 76 she complains that she's "Freezing" while Tyi and i are sweating bullets. Then she complains about our room having a funny smell, but like.... We're sweating, and that's gross, and you won't let us do anything to stop sweating.... so... idk she frustrates me. BUT! she'll be moving out once i get my second paycheck from my new job! So it's only like a month to wait, and then we can put my desk in the other room, keep the doors open, and be as cold as the AC can make it without overworking. I might also buy a stand alone AC unit to put in the window of the room our PC's are in now instead of moving me to the other room, but idk yet. My mom has one for her room at my grandma's because her room gets too hot, even with the AC set to 70-71 (MAYBE 72, if grandma's feeling cold or something. I'm so glad my grandma isn't one of the old people that are always cold). My mom's room gets warmer than the rest of the house because it's central cooling and she has to keep her bedroom door closed because her cats live in there and Grandma's cat isn't up to date on vaccinations or something, and she's an outdoor cat, so mom doesn't want them mingling.

Oh man that's rough. But like, How do you get so lazy that you don't wanna walk? I mean i get it sometimes, but... no, dude. That's not a life to live though... Also she'd LOVE our office lol it's so warm in here just because of the PCs. I need to get off ark, it's too much lol
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.