Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day 2022: Spring Cleaning! Super late posting, help me get a set?

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/19 22:01:30 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Oh! I prefer road trips so I think thats fun xD when we moved from oregon we drove lol
And then after that from NC have driven to FL (8-12 hours depending on what part), Massachusetts (16 hours) and MN a few times (24 hours, 1200 miles one way) 🤷🏼‍♀️ Granted I’m not the one actually driving because I can’t, but, I’ll take that over a plane any day.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/19 22:10:22 )
      @Ruby: Driving make butt go 'aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.'
      But flying make jet lag go 'I'm here all week.'
      No winning.
      Need teleportation.
      Bc from where I am to Michigan is like 2200+ miles one way.
      Takes four days of driving to get there.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/19 23:23:17 )
@Anarchist Beauty: lol I wanna make that a button xD “driving make butt go aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh” xD

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/19 23:24:01 )
@Anarchist Beauty: but yeah i understand, it took us like 6 or 7 days to go from the oregon coast to middle of NC lol. We had fun along the way tho

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/19 23:32:02 )
      @Ruby: Gotta have the peach emoji as a background.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/19 23:33:29 )
      @Ruby: We usually try to get there and halve all the there. lol
      But this time we took a day for some fun. Went to a place called Bearizona and then the Grand Canyon.
      Shit sure is grand.
      I think I had an existential crisis of my own insignificance on the rim. xD

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 00:04:33 )
@Anarchist Beauty: 🍑 this one? 😂

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 00:06:33 )
@Anarchist Beauty: oh nice! That ones still on our to do list lol when we moved we went thru yellowstone, devil’s tower, crazy horse and mt rushmore. Also if you’re ever in SD you have to go to Wall Drug lol we saw signs for it for MILES like every mile lol it got us to stop and that was SUCH a cool place, was not disappointed lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 00:30:08 )
      @Ruby: Exactly. lol 🍑

Wall Drug?

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 00:52:36 )
@Anarchist Beauty: its this crazy store/history place lol its near mt rushmore.
https://www.walldrug.com/home

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 01:27:53 )
      @Ruby: Oooh, that looks fun.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 01:47:30 )

@Ruby: I am the same. I want to be in comfy clothes, wrapped up in my down comforter as a burrito with arms, and with slippers on. i love the cold.

Her issue is that it's in her name. And she doesn't wanna be left on the hook if we can't pay it, which, i get, but like... Just put it in our names then, It's not that big of a deal.

Yeah, they are very happy.

Yeah i get that. It's a good thing that your grandma isn't a "flight risk," at least. I'm sure a part of it is the dementia, but i'm sure a bigger part is that's just how she is and what she feels like she needs to be like. I'm sure someone with a bigger psychology background can explain why old people are grouchy often, but i can't. It would make sense if she's scared with the changes and that that's her reaction is to be grouchy, but past that, and the fact that she's always been grouchy is probably something else all together. I think dealing with family is hard without any mental issues, but dementia makes it so much more difficult.

Today we went to the grandparent's to sit with Gram while my mother in law took Gpa to the movies, and gram was in and out of lucidity, so it was a taxing day. And while Tyi was with me, i think it took a bit more out of me because she talked to me the most and it's so hard to follow conversations with her when she's not lucid. We were watching the second jurassic park movie with Chris Pratt, and gram kept saying how the dinosaurs were real live animals and that she had gone where the movie took place, and usually i'd be like, yeah ok, but it was like the middle of a conversation with her about how it was a fictional movie and the places shown weren't real, so she was like half lucid during it. Idk it was rough. And then she got really upset because we were waiting for Tyi's mom and gpa to get back to the house to eat and she kept asking for pizza or to just order her a pizza and we had to tell her we were waiting, and then when they got back, MIL went to pick up a pizza. And then she fought us on eating the pizza that she said she wanted. I kinda checked out once MIL was back though, because i was mentally drained.

Apparently they're looking into getting Hospice care for her for like a week next month so Gpa can get a break from her and go to Jersey (to visit his sister who i think also has dementia, but still a break from Gram).

As for your grandma, yeah, nursing homes are ridiculously expensive, and i feel like they should all be the same price, or at least the same general price range. But it's good that she's able to have people come to her apartment and help.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 01:50:42 )
@Anarchist Beauty: it really was! They have a giant jacklope even 😂 its like endless themed stores, amazing

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 01:53:45 )
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
@Ruby: xD Yeah, most of her kids live about 2 hours away from her and she just turned 83 in April. She's been doing a great job maintaining the property with some help, but I think it really is getting to be too much for her which I understand. She's really lively for her age and I do think that having a "job" to do every day has been assisting with that.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 01:58:13 )
@Alorrena: right??? Being a comfy burrito is the best.

Oh man I’m sorry you had such a taxing day. That definitely is draining. Its really hard when people can no longer realize what is real and what isn’t. By no fault of their own but still, its hard. And then you can’t even go home to a cool house 😩

Right? And its like, even the nastiest falling apart places want at least 3k a month. Where do they think this money is supposed to come from? Oh wnd that was to share a room with 2 other people. With one bathroom for the whole wing. (1 women’s bathroom and 1 men’s bathroom in the whole place) I just, I don’t even. Her apartment is income based and I forget what she’s paying but its less than $800 per month. Can’t even find a non senior apartment for 1 person for that little.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 01:59:07 )
@PashminaPanda: is she moving to a smaller place or like to a retirement home or?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 02:01:18 )
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
@Ruby: She said she wanted an apartment, but she's very social so she might wind up going to one of those apartment complexes for seniors. I think that would be best for her since she loves people!
Thinking about playing Pokemon Crystal again.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 02:04:57 )
      @Ruby: I do love endless stores.
      There's a place similiar-ish about 45 mins from me, called Charlie Brown Farms.
      Love that place.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 02:23:02 )
@Anarchist Beauty: haha that sounds like a cool place too xD

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 02:23:47 )
@PashminaPanda: thats where my grandma lives but she hates people so xD
It is very nice for socializing though if people like that :3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.