Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — we/us/our Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/9 16:15:13 )
I already got my skin. ^^;

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/10 00:23:44 )
@Alorrena: sadly even a chill being like me has a limit lol I'm sorry. Hate revealing I have a bad side

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/10 05:39:23 )
@DreamerZ: I mean, i think it's ok every once in a while when you reach your limits. Especially if you're doing it once you reach the limits, and not letting things get past that point. For me the biggest problem i have is remembering that she'll be moved out in at least a month, no more than 3. and that i can deal with.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/10 07:10:26 )
@Alorrena: lol some things are easy to forget when upset, sadly

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/10 08:18:37 )
@DreamerZ: that is very true. especially with adhd, it can be really difficult.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/10 14:18:28 )

@Alorrena: hello! i saw your item designs in the event thread, super cool

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/10 16:34:58 )
@Whimsy: hi! Thanks! I've been thinking about them since the event started, and I realized I only had a couple days left so I did them. I spent less time on the dress and ended up liking it more, to where I think I might make it in real like with galaxy print fabric (cause that's like all I have lol)

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/10 17:26:54 )

@Alorrena: oooh you do sewing in real life? that dress would be amazing in both real and virtual form and i think galaxy print is gorgeous 💜

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/10 21:23:33 )
@Whimsy: yeah. I'm okay at it. I made a galaxy dress in February (I think) that I need to fix (cause a strap is halfway from coming off in the back and there's a couple popped seams cause I'm somewhat careless), and I was making a quilt, but that got put on hold because adhd, but also I needed a bigger table to work on it. And where I was living there wasn't any space anyways. But yeah, I think it would be a really neat dress that I'd love to have if it weren't so hot where I live.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 01:29:31 )
@Alorrena: As long as we remember whats important in the end

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 05:40:08 )

@Alorrena: Maybe you can pick some breathable fabrics next time. It's quite hot where I live too and it's summer so I feel you.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 06:07:03 )
@Alorrena: Yeah that sounds super hot omg. I hate the heat. It's just too much for me. I overheat super easily so I love the cold.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 06:52:32 )
@Whimsy: The fabrics i usually work with are typically cotton. More "breathable" fabrics than that tend to be see through and unravel at the edges. Which now isn't much of a problem because i can finish the edges cause my grandma sent me her serger machine and her embroidery machine in March. I liove in central florida, so really it's just sleeves that are a problem for me.

@DreamerZ: Yeah, that's very true. Ugh my wrist is killing me from painting the front room! (repetitive motion+ pressure= sore muscles/joints)

@SorrowTheMad: Yeah, Same. I also hate being hot because you can only take off so many layers before you can't, but when you're cold you can always bundle up and add more layers. My mother in law likes the house at 78 (which by itself sucks) and we have the two pc's in our room that generate a lot of heat, plus our bodies, and we have a lot of body heat too, so it gets pretty miserable. It frustrates me because when we leave the room it feels so good because it's at least 4 or 5 degrees cooler than our room when my pc's been off all day. so it's rough when both of us are awake because we're on our computers.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 12:42:48 )

@Alorrena: I typically wear cotton clothes and they're breathable, yeah. I also find rayon to be breathable and soft. What are those other fabrics?

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 13:27:24 )
@Whimsy: well, There are a bunch of different breathable fabrics, but depending on how loose the fabric is weaved determines how much it frays when cut, as well as it's opacity, though polyester is definitely one that comes to mind I Think it really depends on what you need for the project more than anything. the wrong fabric type can yield some..... interesting results.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 13:35:27 )
I just realized how badly i want first place for the dress i designed. i REALLY want it to be an item...

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 15:26:45 )

@Alorrena: good luck, i hope you win!
hmm polyester feels heat trapping to me, most synthetic fabrics feel that way so it's interesting that the weave can make such a difference.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 16:27:25 )
@Whimsy: It definitely can. It's also how you get thicker feeling fabrics with the same fiber contents. I was trying to find a good example when i came across this article explaining about different types of cotton fabrics https://threadsmonthly.com/cotton-fabric-types-shirts/

Polyester can feel heat trapping, but i think it's more moisture trapping than anything, since it's not very absorbent, but again it depends on the weave of the fabric. Cause i have a few swim suit cover ups that are polyester and it's like nothing's there when i'm dry, but soon as i'm wet and wearing them it's kinda uncomfortable until i dry.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 19:24:46 )

@Alorrena: ahhh i see! i've definitely experienced thicker, rougher cottons, as well as softer, finer ones. makes sense to me now.

roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 23:32:13 )
@Whimsy: yeah. So apparently my mom is sending me more quilt stuff and a "NEW printer" (she capitalized it just like that lol) and it's supposed to arrive next week. I'm hoping that on the 17th I find at least $90 extra so I can buy a door for the other room so I can get tyi set up in there with the printer when it comes.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.