Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/2 17:04:09 )

We've been having a big problem with people running red lights here recently. Like yeah they've always done it, but it's just been increasing it seems like.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/2 17:06:39 )
That sucks. Driving has gotten SO bad the last few years. It's like nobody cares - for themselves, for their investments (cars), for other people... as long as they get what they want... and it's not even like a healthy difference of opinion on something - it's just self-centeredness, imo. It's sad.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/2 17:08:33 )

Mhmm, I've noticed it too. A friend of mine was recently in an accident because of someone running a red light.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/2 17:12:53 )
Yeah... there seem to be a lot of people getting rear-ended around here lately and zooming in and out of traffic at absolutely horrendous speeds - the kind of speeds that you can't possibly check the mirrors, etc. I don't get it, tbh... but the traveling road blocks of the tourists blocking all lanes of traffic annoy me too. If people just followed the rules of the road...???

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/2 17:13:35 )

And of course people who don't use their turn signals.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/2 17:16:03 )
Yeah, but turn signals are kind of pointless if you're zooming through traffic at double the posted speed, threading the needle constantly...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/2 17:16:44 )

That is very very true.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/2 17:24:50 )
So all any of us can do is make the best decisions we can, given the situations we find ourselves in. I know that I'm always checking my rear mirror before stopping at a yellow light these days... I'd rather "run" it than get rear ended if somebody is on my tail :(

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/2 17:25:52 )

That makes sense.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/2 17:30:58 )
yeah... especially since more people seem to be taking a yellow light as a challenge these days... :(

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/2 20:38:21 )

◦✹ @Wildfire: That sucks :/
Upset stomach are not easy to deal with especially when it's disrupting your sleep.

I was up late last night as well because I couldn't go to sleep at all. ✹◦

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/2 20:42:59 )
@Purpsy: Yeah... it sucks. Whatever is going on, I'm still dealing with it today. I hope it resolves soon. Fortunately, it's not horrible... but it's just enough to make concentrating difficult, especially when paired with the lack of sleep.

So what's up with you? - too much caffeine too late in the day or something? I'm sorry to hear you didn't sleep well last night either. Maybe tonight will be better for both of us :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/2 21:47:23 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yup same for the most part lol

I'm hoping i get descent sleep tho my land lady making it hard to get rest lol.
we just got windows replaced. now gonna have bathroom floor replaced.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/3 13:50:37 )

◦✹ @Wildfire: Nah I just passed out too early and woke up around 3 am type of thing =w=
I hope your feeling better now~ ✹◦

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/3 14:36:38 )
@MoodyB: Oh! So landlady is making some long-overdue changes to your place, huh? That's good. I hope all the construction goes well and isn't too chaotic!

@Purpsy: Gotcha. Yeah, I'm feeling better today - thank you. I'm not sure what was going on, but I'm glad it wasn't worse, and I'm glad it seems to be resolved now :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/3 14:48:33 )
Good morning everyone.

What is going on in your corner of the world this morning?

I am feeling better than yesterday, fortunately - I got some sleep last night and whatever was going on with me physically seems to have resolved itself. I still have work to do on the computer for a bit today, but am hoping to get a couple things prepped for the garden today (I need to figure out a trellis system for some beans I want to grow, and I need to soak the seeds), and I've got some laundry in the washer at the moment. I did a little meal-planning earlier, so that's a good thing - one less thing to think about, anyway- and I need a new book to read since I finished the last one last night - does anyone have any suggestions?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/3 16:30:57 )

◦✹ @Wildfire: That's good ^^
I'm having a crappy morning in my end.... Internet been crap for no reason today and well it ruined my mood entirely.
But I'm going to be fine ✹◦

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/3 19:06:43 )
@Purpsy: it's amazing how disruptive a wonky internet connection can be, isn't it? I hope it's better for you now and your mood is improving :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/3 19:20:07 )

◦✹ @Wildfire: It has been stable for awhile now but still rather slow. We'll just have to see :3 ✹◦

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/3 19:22:17 )
@Purpsy: Well, slow is better than none I guess. Maybe they're working on it? Or, is it raining? Our internet tends to get unreliable when it rains for more than a couple hours...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.