Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 20:06:10 )
@Kory: Hi Kory - good luck with that audition! Let me know how it goes!
I'm sorry that your friends are causing all kinds of weird drama for you, and I'm glad to hear you're taking a break from the biggest source of it. I've discovered, over the years, that if people cause drama, it's really more about them than it is about you and if they keep causing it, they're not really your friends... but knowing that and acting on it are two different things and it's not always easy. You're taking a good first step and "Yay!" for being more active on Voltra!

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 21:33:19 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yeah there is no chance i can keep it lol
and i say this because i never can no matter how hard i try.
it just isn't possible for me.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/6 13:23:32 )
@MoodyB: I'm sorry. Routines can be difficult to set up and then to keep. At least you know your limits??

@Kory: Yup - I think most of us have felt that way from time to time. Still, I'm sorry you were in that situation... but you recognized it and are making noticeable changes that are better for yourself, so again, Yay!

Oh, I hope you got the job! <3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/6 13:28:39 )

Good morning.

I have no idea why (because I don't usually eat them and can't remember the last time I had one) but I want a donut...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/6 14:13:11 )

★彡 @wildfire: I find having donuts paired with coffee for breakfast is the best♥
Good Morning~ 彡★

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/6 14:25:49 )
@Purpsy: Yup - that's a pretty classic pairing! Still, the last time I had a doughnut was a long, long, long, Long time ago...

Good morning. How are you today so far?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/6 14:41:59 )

★彡 @Wildfire: Same and I'm doing alright so far. Today feels a lot slower though probably because I woke up around five...
How are you? 彡★

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/6 14:45:58 )
@Purpsy: ...sorry... fell down a rabbit hole...
I'm doing ok, so far. I am somewhere between "awake and productive" and "wanting to veg and do nothing"... but there are a few things that I really do need to follow up with today, so I guess that's that decision made - lol! I'm sorry to hear that you woke up so early. I was up for a couple of hours in the middle of the night myself (hate that) so I feel your sleepy pain! XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/6 15:03:53 )

★彡 @wildfire: Ugh yeah but fortunately I did get some decent sleep in last night so I'm not sleep deprived...yet.

Oof is better to get those stuff done and hopefully you got time to wind down and relax later. I got more time to work on my drawing today since I got a ton of stuff done yesterday. Is really nice when you get all dem tasks done, I felt very accomplished lel 彡★

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/6 15:17:07 )
@Purpsy: lol - yeah, it's always a nice feeling to have gotten things accomplished :3
I hope your drawing goes well today. Are you still working on that one avatar?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/6 16:36:50 )

★彡 @Wildfire: Nope I'm done with it long ago :3
Honestly had to take a little break after that, it took a toll on me. 彡★

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/6 16:45:54 )
@Purpsy: well, congrats on getting it finished! I understand completely - although you enjoy doing art, there sometimes comes a point when you're all "is it done yet?!!!" XD

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/6 20:38:19 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: very true. just wish more people
were understanding of said limits.
i get guilted about it and lectured.

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/6 21:24:39 )
@Wildfire:
I guess I just grew up not eating it until I tried being a Vegetarian as a kid.
Then again, a plant-based diet is far more well known now than back then. xD;

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/6 21:28:32 )
@Wildfire:
Also, yes! Flying back into USA my first time I was like, "This feels wrong..."

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 15:55:48 )
@MoodyB: Yeah well people tend to use themselves as a gauge against anything anyone else is or should be doing.

@Vegan: Yes, way back when I was vegetarian or vegan it was harder to actually do it than it is now. It's much easier to find things free of animal products now than it was... but now everything is full of soy or corn or potato or other things that, in quantity, aren't the best for most people (and are not good for me...).

Yeah ... as soon as I landed back in the US after being in Europe for a week, I wanted to get back on the plane and go back. Everything here is LOUD and much more complicated than it needs to be

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 20:24:09 )
@Wildfire:
I agree the USA can be very loud, not only that? The pollution levels are higher and makes it harder to breathe.

Soy isn't bad for people unless they are allergic to it.
People worry due to its estrogen, it's phytoestrogen, aka plant estrogen.
Doesn't act in the same way that dairy does, etc. ^__^;

Studies have shown how it's (soy) helpful against many health diseases.

My biggest recommendation is if you want more information to check out NutritionFacts.
It's run by a Doctor named Michael Greger. He reads every medical literature published.
Then he puts everything together with provided sources/medical findings to show fact from fiction.

As well as corn and potato aren't bad, I don't see anything bad for someone-
UNLESS! They are sensitive to starch /or/ have a harder time digesting it.

Cattle and most animals are fed more soy, corn, wheat and other things than people who stick to WFPB do per year.
The amount of water that goes into watering the crops, then clearing fields (mostly the amazon sadly), to feed animals?
Is a MUCH larger issue than me (or others) who consume soy/plant-based alternatives.

There is a documentary on all of this called Cowspiracy and they update their website with the latest information.

If you believe something else? I entirely get it. - I have reversed by T2D by switching to WFPB.
I am also not here to judge what you eat/do for your own health. I've just many great things come about studying this all.

I used to be 300lbs in September 2016 when I learned about animals treatment.
By June 2017, I got down to 219lbs. I gained a lot of weight back due to junk food.

Been working through that lately and eating a lot more balanced and feeling much better.
I gained back to almost my highest weight when I stopped nourishing/caring for myself.

I stayed Vegan for the animals (by definition, this is what Veganism is about, not some diet trend).
The definition I follow is the term that was coined in the 1940s by the Vegan Society found here.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 21:16:58 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yeah definitely.
but as long as i am getting rest it should be okay.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/8 13:49:17 )
@Vegan: Yes, I'm well aware of many of the details surrounding meat or meatless-based diets, growing practices, etc. - trust me, I have done my homework, and continue to do so- including reading nutritional data, studies, etc. There are more issues with some of these things -soy, wheat, corn, potato, etc.- being shoved in to every ounce of food meant for human consumption than some sources will lead you to believe. Yes, there are definitely issues with growing corn as fodder for animals, for example, but there are also the subsidies paid by the federal government for farmers to grow much more corn than we really need. Then there's the whole gmo aspect of the majority of these crops. The combination makes it a nightmare for people who are trying to avoid one or more of these ingredients for one reason or another to actually avoid them. Humans do not need all that starch (it's not healthy), and growers feed these things to animals precisely to fatten them up for slaughter. It's great that you've had success with the vegan diet but it (or even a vegetarian diet) is just not healthy for everyone. Me, for one. I was vegan for years, after being vegetarian for years before that. My health suffered as a result. And yes, I was "doing it right" (which is the first thing a lot of vegans/vegetarians seem to ask or suggest when I say that) ;)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/8 13:52:21 )
@MoodyB: I hope you got some rest :3

Good morning!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.