Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 05:00:18 )

@Totalanimefan: oh! I’m so sorry to hear that! I hope everything is okay! Is it still hurting?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 05:00:41 )

@Alorrena: hi there! Thank you so much! I’m doing well how are you?

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 05:11:19 )
@Bonnie: i'm pretty good! just anxious about my flight on monday, but talking with total and Z has helped a lot. i'm also tired cause i've been doing laundry literally all day. i got up around 3:30 and it's just after 12 now. so.... almost 9 hours of laundry. and i still have to switch what i have in the washer once the drier is done, and put in my last load so my husband has a pillow tonight, if he goes to sleep. last load is his pillow and a comforter for when our girlfriend comes to visit. but it is truely the last load until sunday night, at least.

actually, the drier just buzzed, so that's good.

i'm glad to hear you're doing well! :D

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 05:13:27 )

@Alorrena: Yeah CA is very expensive.
SC is a bit far for fast food lol. You can get it when you land and see your mom lol

@Bonnie: It hurts a little bit. I put ice on it and I have been resting it ever since it happened.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 05:16:14 )

@Alorrena: oh my it sounds so busy! I hate doing laundry I can’t imagine doing it for 9 hours but you go on ahead!! I have a mountain of clothes I should and need to do but I just can’t get myself to do it

@Totalanimefan: good! Hopefully it isn’t too bad when you go to the doctor

bloop

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 05:33:57 )
@Bonnie: i also hate doing laundry, but since i'll be out of town, i wanted to be able to bring the clothes i wanted, and make sure the apartment was presentable. in the past when i've had this much laundry to do i'd pack it up in bags and whatever i could and throw it in the car and just take over the closest laundromat and just get it all done at once. but i'm on the 3rd floor so it's not as easy as it was when i was on the ground floor or 2nd floor.

@Totalanimefan: i just looked up how much it would be to fly to LAX, and it's mostly 800 and up. yeesh.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 05:37:43 )

@Bonnie: I hope so too. I like walking lolol

@Alorrena: wow that's crazy. I think probably cause it's so last min?

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 05:40:40 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah, possibly. i moved it 3 months out, and it would be around 600 before taxes and fees, still. still pretty pricy. first class tickets then vary from about 900 to 2100 before taxes. i think that's insane.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 05:52:08 )

@Alorrena: First class for a flight that short isn't really worth it. Imo it's better for longer flights so you can actually sleep.
I heard that ticket prices were going up cause of gas prices. So of course it's cheaper not last min, but still expensive cause of gas pricing.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 06:01:13 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah, that would make sense. I personally would never fly first class domestically. i can sleep perfectly fine on planes anyway, especially if i have a window seat. actually since i'm plus size, and i don't want to inconvenience other passengers with me shifting around for something in my bag like a laptop or anything, i tend to try to intentionally sleep on planes. i think i might do that monday, actually. shouldn't be hard- i keep irregular hours anyways. and, with idaho being 2 hours behind, adjusting to my mom's sleep schedule (meaning getting up before 8) shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm so ready for the laundry to be done i went ahead and lit a candle and started relaxing.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 06:14:05 )

@Alorrena: I wish that I could sleep on planes. That's such a gift. I did upgrade to business class (which is not as nice as first) but it's better than Econ, and I was kinda able to sleep? Your chair can go back more, but I'm still no good at sleeping up. I normally sleep on my side so it's hard for me to sleep on my back. Teach me your ways of being able to sleep on planes!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 06:21:05 )
@Totalanimefan: i don't really have any secrets, other than window seat so you can lean against the wall. i kind of adjust myself so i'm sitting kind of on my hip, if i'm able to, and i make sure to have one of those travel neck pillows so my neck doesn't get a kink in it. if i'm the only one in my row, i will put one leg on the seat next to me and prop myself up against the wall also. i sleep both ways with the seat belt on so i'm not bothered when the seat belt light goes on. it's not the BEST sleep, but it's better than nothing. i guess it also helps that i can literally sleep for 14 hours without waking up too much if given the option. i have chronic fatigue, so i;'m literally always physically tired. -shrug-

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 06:28:22 )
@Alorrena: i understand. Been a reaaly slow uneventful day as usual. Bit of stress among us though.

@Bonnie: lol I'll pest just for you, bon bon XD I'm mostly ok. A lil annoyed at myself for not working on my pic more. Lazed all night.

@Totalanimefan: oh, definitely. A few of my relatives def fit the ''family drama'' trope

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 06:29:12 )

@Alorrena: I see. I've tired the wall trick because I like to get the window seat too, but my headphones get in the way. I wear my noise cancelling headphones the whole time because the noise is a lot for me.
I'm not good at sleeping when I'm stressed, or when it's bright out, or when I'm vertical lol. Does flying stress you out?

@DreamerZ: Yeah I have that too. I really try to avoid those people at all costs.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 07:06:14 )
@DreamerZ: well, at least it was uneventful. that's always nice.

@totalanimefan: ah, yeah, i get that. I don't think i've ever flown with headphones. For me, the ambient noise of the plane is loud enough that if there's anyone being loud or a child on board that's upset it doesn't bother me too much. Actually the noise gives me something to focus on as i try to sleep. I don't get too stressed by flying. I do get a little queasy at take off, but once we reach altitude, it goes away unless there's turbulence, but if i'm asleep before there's turbulence, then no biggie. if i'm awake, then i get queasy and anxious, so i do try to sleep on the way to Seattle if i can. seattle to boise is only like an hour and a half, so i usually don't sleep on that flight.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 12:41:26 )
@Alorrena: Why thank you! Yours is pretty great too :D

@Totalanimefan: Oh boy, just barely gave you enough recovery time did they? Haha! I'm sure it will be fine :)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 13:01:45 )
*runs through*
*draws on your wall*

... just wanted to say "hi". I don't come through here nearly as often as I'd like... I'm just too busy multitasking most of the time... :/

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 15:00:48 )

@Totalanimefan:
Totalanimefan:

@Lilykin: Happy spring! they were here from the 16th until The 21st. I did a ton of walking one of the days I walked over 20,000 steps. We saw the cherry blossoms and it was really pretty. It sounds like you had a good time I love going to consignment stores.

Dang, where did the week go?

I'd love to see the cherry blossoms someday. I'll have to be content with the azalea festival here; which is admittedly very nice.

I love thrifting and junk shops. I'm really having to steer away more from consignment stores tho. They've been overrun by mlms and people flipping whatever's hot atm (Rae Dun, pioneer woman, etc.) I like going to antique stores but they're suffering the same fate as the consignment stores. :(

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 15:01:38 )

What's everyone's plans for the weekend?

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 20:12:56 )

@Alorrena: I do like that it's hard to hear other people on the plane because it's so loud. It's that loud sound the plane makes that gets me. I'm a little sensitive to sounds.

@SorrowTheMad: Haha so true. Just 3 days. Also I hurt my knee yesterday. I slipped and fell in my house. I'm ok. I went to the Dr about it. I have to rest it. Which means I can't really go to NYC with my husband and in-laws. But they will have a good time still I'm sure.

@Wildfire: That's alright. It's still nice when you pop in, but I know that you are busy with your thread too. ^^

@Lilykin: Oooh that sounds like a pretty festival! I would like to go to that!
That's so true. There are a ton of people that buy the good stuff and flip it online. Antique and Thrift stores are stuffering the same fate and I get it, for lots of those people it's their own income. Just sucks when you can't find anything good.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.