Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/10 16:59:55 )

@Totalanimefan: In better news, I got an unexpected payraise! Now maybe I can afford a few new things... like a new mattress to replace my 20 yr old one lol 😅

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/10 18:26:44 )

@Lilykin: Yeah I was in high school when this happened to me.
I'm so sorry that happened to you. I wish that healthcare was better in America.

Wow that's super awesome! I'm so happy for you!

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/10 22:59:08 )

@Totalanimefan: I've also got my eye on some other furniture...I've really been wanting to update my desk. Maybe a new kitchen table.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/10 23:15:03 )

@Lilykin: So many exciting options! Maybe save what you want and then go back to it when you have the money and see if you still want it. I find that sometimes I really love a piece of furniture and then like a month later I'm not into it lol

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/11 02:23:10 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh it's been in my cart for months lol. I've been hesitant from making any really big purchases since the beginning of the pandemic (minus the switch and that took forever to talk myself into lol). I'm mildly terrified I'll end up jobless again and living off my savings for months on end. 😰

I probably should get the bed first buuut I also really wanna move apartments this summer when my lease is up. I feel like maybe I should wait until then???

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/11 03:49:10 )
@Totalanimefan: I do too, I bowl a couple times a week actually :D But we played pretty rough, it was a league night so we were up against an opponent. We ended up winning but it was really close because my team bowled like crap lol. Our worst player (average of 100) got a higher score on one game than our best bowler (who has an average of 220). But it was fun :D We all had way too much alcohol and it was a blast!

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/11 16:04:31 )

Another snow day here! It'd be nice if I wasn't loosing out on a days pay 😩

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/11 16:42:49 )

@Lilykin: I would wait until you have the new place because moving more stuff sucks. Take it from the person that has moved like 10 times.
That's good that you have wanted it for so long but had the self restraint to not buy it when you couldn't afford it. Where are you thinking about moving to in the summer?
Sorry about the snow day. We are getting that same storm tomorrow.

@SorrowTheMad: That sounds like fun. I want to go back to bowling. I don't really know of any places near me since I moved here during the pandemic. I'll have to look into it when I'm not so busy. For the rest of March after this weekend I'll be having company over. What is your average score? I'm not good at it since I don't go that often. I get like 115 lolol

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/11 19:58:35 )

@Totalanimefan: I've always been pretty good at holding off on big purchases. We grew up saving for one big thing at a time so I'm no stranger to waiting for something, or even deciding it's not what I actually wanted. It helps when you can get things 2nd hand from family or thrifted. Most of the furniture I have is functional so it can wait, even if it's not my style lol. The bed really needs to go tho, my back is killing me and a person my size shouldn't be sleeping on a twin regularly in the first place. TT_TT

Ideally I'd move closer to my job since gas isn't getting any cheaper haha. I hate renting but all the affordable houses get snapped up here so quick I wouldn't be able to compete with a cash offer even if I got approved for a home loan. Of course those same houses show up as rentals a couple of months later too >:[

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/11 20:03:17 )

@Lilykin: Maybe you do need a new bed before you move. Making sure you aren't in pain and you are well rested is really important.
I love living close to where I work and when I tell people that, they look at me like I have 3 heads. Sorry for not wanting an hour+ commute for a bigger house. That's just not me. I used to have to drive an hour + for a job before (one way) and it just sucks the soul out of you.
It's very hard to buy a home right now that's not new construction (cause that's first come, first serve, no bidding). So many people are trying to buy a house but there aren't enough houses. America as a whole has been way under building since the 2008 and it's really biting us in the ass.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/13 04:47:47 )
@Totalanimefan: It really is fun, you should definitely do it when you can. :) For us here, bowling is pretty much all we have going on during the winter months besides getting out and ice fishing or whatever but it slows way down during the spring and summer months. I think my average is like 136 or something. I'm not great either lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/13 18:35:48 )

@SorrowTheMad: That's true, when it's super cold out what else is there really to do. Just video game, board games and bowling or some other indoor activity.
Teach me how to get a score that high haha

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/13 19:08:34 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah well and the problem is we don't have much for indoor activities here, the draw of this area is the lakes and the woods so we have a ton of outdoorsy stuff like fishing and hunting but not really any places to hang out besides a card shop, the bowling alley, stuff like that.
My best recommendation is just to practice consistency of your throws. I throw the ball very straight and so it's just a matter of where I'm standing, and has very little to do with my actual throw since I have really good muscle memory of it. I'd probably bowl a lot higher if my back didn't start to hurt throughout the games, so my throws get thrown off (lol). But yeah. Just try to do the same thing with your arm and body every time. Pay attention to how you throw it, and try to repeat that every time as best as you can. Your arm and legs will want to do the same thing every time, and you'll get muscle memory for it pretty quickly. Also try to not "throw" the ball, as in let it drop from a higher distance. Let it go near the ground, it helps a lot. And finally, don't swing your arm. It's not about throwing hard, it's about aiming, so keep good control and do it slowly if you have to, just keep control of it.
Idk how helpful all of that will be but it's what I focus on. My coworker's husband threw an almost perfect game on Wednesday so take my advice with a grain of salt lol

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/13 20:02:57 )

@Totalanimefan: For all that I'm glad I don't work at wal-fart anymore, I do miss my 10 min commute. I could run home at lunch and eat leftovers in peace and quiet. 45 mins each way just sucks the soul right out of me. Plus I'm much more likely to eat out cause I'm not a morning person so I don't get up early enough to pack my lunch. TT_TT

My sister and I tackled my mom's stuff this weekend before my aunts could go through it. Like, we're fine with them taking stuff we would just donate anyway but I wanted to make sure we were thorough before turning it over to them. One aunt in particular has an affinity for "family" things and I'm tired of all the heirlooms making their way to her house.

It still feels unreal to be dividing up her things though.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/13 20:15:18 )
really want to see if i can't apply for voltra because i am fucking bored and because it'd probably be funny.
please ping me for the love of god.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/14 00:07:11 )

@Pelontrix: I don't know if there are openings atm, but I don't see why not. I don't know why it would be funny tho?

@Lilykin: 45 is far. I love having a short commute. I think it's totally underrated. People just think about having a bigger house or whatever. I would rather not be commuting lol.
Good that you go to that this weekend, but also it sounds like it was a lot. Make sure that you take some time for yourself. <3

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/14 00:08:12 )

@SorrowTheMad: I learned as a kid that it's about having the same body movements, but you have to twist your wrist to get it to go where you want. I know about the not releasing too late. That's not good for the ball or the lane either.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/14 01:37:20 )

@Dreamerz: hey friend~ <3 how are you?
    @totalanimefan: since my thread is closing i'll come chill here

bloop

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/14 02:09:39 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I spent this afternoon chilling with Animal Crossing. I'm at the point were I can start rearranging my island how I want.

I kinda placed everything willy nilly to begin with cause I didn't know how anything worked lol

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/14 02:34:51 )

Ugh, losing an hour really throws me off :[

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.