Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/7 18:53:25 )

Hey all! It's been a minute, what's new?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/7 19:03:07 )

@Lilykin: Hey it's nice to see you again! I love your current avatar.
I'm just studying. Although I don't feel like studying today but I will anyway lol

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/7 19:16:31 )

@Totalanimefan: Thanks! I'm channeling spring cause I'm tired of this winter weather. D:

I never felt like studying, probably why I dropped out of college lol. How much more you got on your degree?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/7 20:04:22 )

@Lilykin: Same! Luckily spring is here a bit early this year in DC. I'm very happy.
I have 11 classes left. I'm just so done with this class because I already did 2 essays but also I have to read the whole textbook for an exam that's only 34 questions.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/8 05:59:46 )
@Totalanimefan: I would hope for sooner, but seems weird that there isn't any orbs in the shop anymore

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/8 13:49:41 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah lol, I think with how crazy the weather has been everywhere it would work out well for me haha.

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/8 16:17:45 )

@Totalanimefan: Looks like we're in for another week of freezing our asses off in OK. 😩

Essays were my least favorite part of college. I'm envious of people that can just bust them out in timely manner. I've always had to do mine the day before cause I got adhd brain lmao

In other news I got my covid booster yesterday and now my body is a sore noodle 😭

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/8 16:20:06 )

@The Bride: It's a small site and a small team. Sometimes things get delayed, I wouldn't worry to much.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/8 18:07:23 )

@The Bride: I've been so busy I didn't even notice that. It sucks that the old orbs are gone before the new ones are out. The gap is the worse part I think. I'm sure it will be up soon. ^^

@SorrowTheMad: You could be a millionaire. XP
Sorrow's Snow Service. :)

@Lilykin: Well that sucks. I want it to be spring so badly. I'm so tired of the 'dead' looking trees.
I'm no good at essays either. In school I even had to take extra essay writing classes because I was that bad at them.
Oh no, are you feeling better yet? How was it compared to your 2nd shot?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/9 01:01:53 )
@Lilykin: I ain't worrying about anything, I just wanted to buy more orbs is all. The old ones shouldn't have been taken down yet if the news ones arn't even out yet just seems odd is all.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/9 13:26:13 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm into it! I still maintain there's gotta be some guy down south that moved there with his snowplow and now whenever it snows he makes a ton of money. Gotta be.

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/9 15:36:27 )

@Totalanimefan: I got all the "flu-like symptoms" with my first and second shots for like 24hrs after and then I was back to normal. This one seems delayed? Yesterday I had body aches/ headache by the afternoon and today it's just straight up body fatigue. (I was super late to work oops 😓)

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/9 15:42:43 )

@The Bride: Hmm, maybe they thought they were ready, took the old ones down, and then realized the new ones needed more time?

You couldn't pay me to run an avatar forum. To many hats to juggle lol.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/9 20:56:43 )
@Lilykin: hmm, could be hard telling? can never tell to be honest.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/9 21:54:25 )

@SorrowTheMad: Just remember me when you are famous and rich XD
How are you doing?

@Lilykin: That really sucks, but it's great that you got the booster. It's very effective. Because of my phobia of needles and medical staff I'm going to wait until there is an updated vaccine to get my booster. The lady that gave me my shots in the spring has since retired so I guess I would have to find someone else that knows how to deal with people like myself when giving shots.

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/9 23:00:19 )

@Totalanimefan: Wish I could send you the lady that did my booster. She was really good, barely felt it. She noticed I was doing breathing techniques and asked if I she needed to count down or anything. Nope, just do it and don't tell me lol.

Shots aren't my favorite (I blame the lady who screwed up drawing my blood when I was a kid. My arms were black and blue and I ended up passing out. 😬). But I can manage it with calm breathing.

Do you think one of these would help you? Or is it more the getting there/ anticipation that's the problem?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/9 23:09:07 )

@Lilykin: That's great. I had a lady that saw me start to freak out and she said have you experienced trauma related to needles before and I shook my head yes.
She said that she would let me be in control and I wouldn't get the shot until I said it was ok. And no one was going to trick me.
I'm sorry that happened to you. Something kinda similar happened to me. Got a needle, asked the nurse not to touch me because I felt faint, she grabbed my arm anyway (I was sitting, it wasn't to help me in anyway) and then I did faint. My therapist said that was the moment it became a trauma to me.
I wish something like that could help, but I don't believe it would. I actually have a really high pain torlanance(sp?) and I never once thought that needles hurt.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/10 05:10:28 )
@Totalanimefan: For sure! I definitely will! Doing alright, just got done bowling tonight for the league. It's coming to an end in a few weeks but I've met a lot of people I like hanging out with so I'll probably be doing that after it's all over. How are you?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/10 15:55:32 )

@SorrowTheMad: I love bowling. How did you do?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/10 16:58:02 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh geez, that reminds me of my worst experience with the orthodontist.

The super nice and chill Dr we had sold his practice to a younger guy who either fired or drove away all the dental assistants. So I went from seeing nice old ladies to a bunch of fresh faced graduates whose skill ranged from "ok" to "malpractice suit".

One cut into my gums when changing the wires who at least immediately got the Dr when I told her to stop. Another was removing the glue after taking off the brackets and sanded into my tooth. Like I legit have a noticeable indentation in my tooth.

Refused to get the Dr when I told her it was hurting me and said I just had a low pain tolerance. Keep in mind that I was 14 then and this was my 2nd round of braces since I was 7. Plenty of experience to know what was normal pain and what wasn't.

Our regular dentist was pissed when I told him. He chewed out that Dr and referred me to a different ortho after that. But it takes a lot for me to voluntarily go to a dentist I'm not familiar with. 😕

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.