Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 17:44:53 )
@Totalanimefan: i think it was either general or the security side of things.
the course i got was from itonlinelearning. i probably could have chosen a better service, but it was the cheapest one for a subject that i had some interest in.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 18:08:21 )

@Pelontrix: A general one is pretty good for getting work. Sometimes if it's too narrow it's hard to find job openings.
Have you heard of Code Academy? My husband took some coding in Uni, but it wasn't really an up to date language, so he learned Python from code academy and how that's what he uses in his current job and he got the current job because he had those Python skills. It's not like a cert or an exam. It's free to use too.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 18:10:56 )
@Totalanimefan: i'm aware that codecademy is free to use. iirc i also used to use khan academy back in my homeschooling days.
i'm pretty okay with the current jobs at trisphee right now, but i kinda wanna try and get a more stable source of income.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 18:13:15 )

@Pelontrix: I totally forgot that Khan existed. I've used them in the past too.
For sure, sorry if it made it seem like I was pushing you into a new job or skill. I just wanted to share what worked for my husband. He loves his job and loves that he gets to code and solve problems for a living.
I'm a student atm.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 18:14:09 )
@Totalanimefan: naw, you're alright. you didn't come off as like that to me tbh. then again, i can be really fucking oblivious sometimes.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 18:15:44 )

@Pelontrix: Ok good lolol. Just wanted to make sure. There is no tone over text, so it's easy to assume one way or the other. ^^
I have to go offline for now, but I'll talk to you later. ^^

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 18:16:59 )
@Totalanimefan: aight, have a good day.

tonetags are intended to help with that, but i don't use them very much bc they don't help for me.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 21:20:22 )
    @Totalanimefan:

@Pelontrix: hello fellow Brit! There are actually a few other Brits but idk who, and I don’t think they’re active.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 21:21:17 )
@sunny: hoooooooooi!

yeah, this site looked slightly dead. could be worse, though.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 21:22:50 )
    @Pelontrix: it’s just off-season slump. When we get an event, people will come. I admit I’m not as active as I used to be, but I’m still here. Kinda, lol.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 21:25:07 )
@sunny: suppose so. people's money does tend to dry up from january to february.

i'm hoping to kick some life back into trisphee at some point since i work there now.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 21:28:19 )
    @Pelontrix: honestly I thought that site was gone. Had no idea it was still kicking. Good for it, I guess. Do you create items etc?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 21:30:35 )
@sunny: It's definitely still around, just a bit dead at the moment.

Also, yeah, that's literally my job. The main artist / pixellist died a while back, so there hasn't really been any new item releases for some time.
I'm hoping that the items I've gotten up and running will go smoothly with the previous artist's items, haha.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 21:39:16 )
    @Pelontrix: oh man that’s terrible!! Omg…. I’m sure the users will appreciate your items. Do they know you have created them or will they be a surprise?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 21:50:04 )
@sunny: below the items, both the designer and uh. pixellist are always credited from what i can see, though this is when they get announced.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 22:21:51 )
    @Pelontrix: oh lol I meant are they expecting new items? Or do they have no idea? xD

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 22:37:25 )
@sunny: i'm the guy doing the items. they'll probably come out eventually once they pass through certification and shit.
please ping me for the love of god.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 02:17:42 )
@SorrowTheMad: I'll probably give The Witcher and Umbrella Academy a try sometime. I think I remember seeing the new Vikings series preview or something on Netflix, so yay for having something to watch it on lol. We were going to cancel our Netflix subscription because of their initial plan to stream Russian propaganda, but luckily for them they changed their mind on that. I have heard of the Silmarillion book, actually, and was interesting in reading that. Not sure if I should read it before or after LotR though? Or if it makes a difference?

@Totalanimefan: That's too bad it didn't work out, but yeah, doesn't sound like marriage material if he can't be more sensitive to her. Hope she makes her decision sooner because I feel like summer is peak moving season, so housing is bound to go up again that time. I know you said she could stay with you if needed, but something to think about. I see your classes start back tomorrow lol. I've been so busy, so haven't had time to get online until about now.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 04:29:36 )
@Totalanimefan: Pretty simply actually. You have someone start plowing when it gets to about ten inches, then plow again after it's done. The people that shovel it are the real whackos. There's also ice-melt which you can put down and it'll eat right through it before it becomes ice. We have literally fleets of city-owned plows too, that are huge and clear off the highways, and put down ice melt and sand. Sounds about right for your area though. We just hit 40 degrees for the first time since December lol.

@Aisukohi: They're both good, I recommend them :) Vikings: Valhalla was just released on Netflix on the 25th so yeah :) Yeah I hear you about the Netflix thing. I generally don't care much for Netflix, it doesn't have much I want to watch and the stuff it does I can find on other sites. Silmarillion makes no difference on LotRs. If I remember correctly there might be a few mentions of some ancestors of characters (like Gloin, Gimli's father) and something about Smaug the Dragon, but I think it happens like, centuries or even millenia before even The Hobbit. Don't quote me on that though, it's been almost 20 years since I read it lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 06:07:27 )

@SorrowTheMad: Oh that makes sense that you would have a machine to help you. I'm thinking you had to shovel it and I was like how?! lol
Congrats on hitting 40F!

@Aisukohi: Yeah true, if she chooses to stay in San Diego that's going to be expensive rent when she renews. I would think that if she came here she would stay with us because we have a good relationship and how could you pass up free rent with how much rent is lately lol
Work been keeping you busy? I hope that this week won't be as busy for you. My classes do start tomorrow. I'm excited and ready to tackle them again. I feel like I'm going to be busy between now and Sept 1st. I have two different people staying with me in March, and then maybe friends staying with me in May, then either in May or Aug I'll be flying out to CA for a bachorlette party and then again at the end of August for the wedding. Oh and end of July is Otakon, but that is in DC. I have some people stay with me on either side of the con.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.