Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/19 17:25:50 )
@Totalanimefan: That sounds awesome! Good luck on finding a place then :) And I hope you were able to get your essay done in time :)

@Aisukohi: All of those shows are really good, either I've seen them or someone I know has seen them. I love Vikings especially, as I'm a Norse Pagan and even though I know a lot of the storyline isn't historically accurate, it's very entertaining to watch how life was for the Vikings. I don't watch shows much but I like The Witcher and Umbrella Academy, I enjoyed Preacher, Ash Vs. Evil Dead (hilarious horror-comedy, if you haven't seen it), Into The Badlands, and a few other AMC shows. I liked Flash and Arrow as well, and American Horror Story. Other than that I don't watch shows too much. Looking forward to the new Vikings series though!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/21 01:03:33 )

@SorrowTheMad: Thanks. I did finish the essay on Friday. I'm so glad that have it done, but I keep checking online to see if it's been graded yet lol (Spoiler: it hasn't lol)
How are you doing?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/21 02:21:33 )
@Totalanimefan: That's good to hear, sorry it hasn't been graded yet! Hopefully it gets done soon :) I'm doing alright. Just a lot of little things getting on my nerves today. What about you? How are you?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/21 17:10:31 )

@SorrowTheMad: Well that sucks. Is today any better?
The paper got graded while I was asleep. I've passed the class!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/22 01:48:53 )
@Totalanimefan: Aw, sorry to hear about your sister's relationship not working out. That's nice that you offered her a place to stay, but yeah, moving is a pain no matter how you cut it. Does she have any help getting things together where she is? How'd your essay go? And how LONG-ASS was it? xD

@SorrowTheMad: I really love Vikings too, and even though it's been a finished series (the original, anyway) ages ago, I'm still finishing up the last season, very slowly, because fiance likes dragging things out for some reason. xD Except anime--for some reason he has NO issue binging that, but any other series he takes his time. xP I've been curious about The Witcher and Umbrella Academy. I don't think I've heard of Preacher or Ash vs. Evil Dead, but I've heard of the others. I'm not really into horror since I'm such a baby when it comes to those things. Well, fictional horror where I KNOW those things aren't real and can't get to me, but then everything's hunky dory when I watch true crime documentaries and stuff. xD One of the few horror movies I've seen legit made me scared of red dresses for a while because the villain wears a red dress. Move was called Stay Alive. Anyway, I forget what they're calling the new Vikings series or what platform(s) it'll be available on? I also wanna watch the new Lord of the Rings series since I absolutely love the movies. ONE OF THESE DAYS I'll hunker down and read the books. Already read The Hobbit of course, which wasn't as exciting as the movies, but still good!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/22 18:35:03 )
@Totalanimefan: That's awesome to hear that you passed! Congrats! Yeah I'm ok, just stuck for the second day in a row at home because of the weather. around 20 inches total since Sunday to tonight was the prediction. We still have 7 hours for our winter advisory and I'd say we've gotten at least 20 inches so far. Lol. I'm thinking I can deal with the heat as long as I don't have to deal with this weather again.

@Aisukohi: I get that, I hate dragging stuff out. I usually wait until a series is over before watching just because I hate waiting and love to binge a good show. The Witcher is great if you like a darker high fantasy. Sure, elves and dwarves, but also werewolves and vengeful spirits and curses. Absolutely fantastic in my opinion, and Henry (who plays the main character) is a super Witcher nerd so it's very faithful to the books. It's a little confusing though because it jumps around in the timeline so you may need to watch it a few times. Umbrella Academy is great, it's sort of a parody of the superhero genre but also not really. I recommend it. Preacher is actiony and based on a sorta messed up religious/anti-religious comic of the same name. Ash Vs. Evil Dead is a continuation of the Evil Dead series, and even has Bruce Campbell who played Ash in the original trilogy. It's HILARIOUS. Although if you were afraid of red dresses for a while based on horror movies you might not enjoy this one either. I think the comic relief really makes up for it though. The new Vikings show is Vikings: Valhalla and I'm pretty sure it's on Netflix. Might be Amazon though i don't know. If you haven't read it, I recommend Silmarillion from the LotR universe. I enjoyed it immensely. :)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/22 19:43:13 )

@Aisukohi: Yeah I'm sad about it. To be fair, he seemed like good BF material, but I don't know about marriage material. He had a job and worked hard but damn sometimes he had no empathy and couldn't see my sister's problems or side of the story. So yikes. Yeah San Diego to DC is really far, and she is a hairdresser so she would have to get the certificate for VA to cut hair. She has enough hours and all that, and she would have to find a new salon to work at. Those things really suck. She does have some friends in SD but half of them are leaving this year. She said that she would think about it and make a decision in the summer when her lease is up.
My essay was submitted on Friday. It ended up being 13 pages!! I got it back graded yesterday and I passed the class! Now I'm off of school until the next term, which is March 1st. This is like my spring break, but it's not yet spring lol.
How are you doing this week?

@SorrowTheMad: Thank you <3
Oh I heard about that. I was reading about the weather in the midwest this week and I thought of you. Those temps you will deal with this week are no joke. I saw some places will get to -20F (I think that's with the wind chill). Luckily by Friday it should be back to 'normal' again for this time of year. You guys have enough heating to last until then? Enough food?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/24 05:24:54 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh yeah, we'll be fine. It was -30 windchill this morning when I left for BNI this morning lol. It's mostly when the blizzard itself is happening that we bunker down, but yeah we have plenty of food :) thanks for worrying about me :)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/24 19:20:32 )

@SorrowTheMad: OMG that's soo cold! I don't know how you do it. How much snow did you area get this week?
It's no prob. I care about the people I chat with on Voltra.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/26 17:22:56 )
@Totalanimefan: It is very cold haha! I'm not sure how much we actually got but between Monday and Tuesday it was predicted to be 20ish inches, and I'm sure we got pretty close to that. How's everything where you're at? Good weather?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 16:08:44 )
it was pretty cold over in ye olde england back in january.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 17:15:45 )

@SorrowTheMad: What the heck, 20 inches? How do you even clear that?
Weather has been up and down here. It's spring one day and then winter the next. I'm constantly having to turn my heating on and off and checking the weather app lol

@Pelontrix: Oh you are in England? (Also how many threads can we possibly chat in lol)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 17:17:39 )
@Totalanimefan: i will figure out the limit of threads we can chat in, do not test me.

also yeah, i'm in england. sort of stuck here, too, bc i can't get a passport.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 17:30:33 )

@Pelontrix: Haha cause you would win that fight, although I'm pretty good at chatting with others.
That's cool. I lived in England for two years. I went to Uni there and I married a Brit. We live in the US. There is another user here that's British it's @sunny: ^-^

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 17:33:13 )
@Totalanimefan: there's only two british users, including me? my god.

i wouldn't win in a fight, i'd just lay down my weapons and cry like a little bitch baby. mostly bc i suck at fighting.
i'm usually quiet irl.

ironically, i'm dating someone that's in the US. used to date multiple people (in a loving, polyam relationship) until shit happened.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 17:34:36 )

@Pelontrix: Well there could be others but that's all I know lol. We do have some people from elsewhere in Europe too. You will have to invite your friends.
That's cool, where do they live in the US?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 17:37:46 )
@Totalanimefan: i don't have a lot of british friends lmao. one of the perks of growing up attached to the internet.

idk where they live. i love them very much, though.

...i still miss my previous polycule.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 17:39:09 )

@Pelontrix: I grew up on the internet too! That's how I met some brits that I become close friends with a decided to go to British Uni. I wasn't really more expensive then American Uni.
I'm sorry. Maybe overtime your heartbreak will heal. Don't try to rush it. <3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 17:40:55 )
@Totalanimefan: never been to uni, don't plan on going. i paid out around a thousand for a course in fucking IT and it was kinda crap. barely any subtitles, which sucks when you're someone that practically requires them due to auditory processing issues.

i can theoretically skip the basic IT exam and go straight to advanced, but i hate exams. it's why i haven't got a certification and a job in IT.
please ping me for the love of god.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 17:43:32 )

@Pelontrix: Uni in the UK now is kinda a rip off. When I went it was still 3,000 a year for British students. I can't believe that course didn't have subs. Like people need those, and for the people that don't 'need' it, it still helps a lot.
I see. What kind of IT work was it? It's a pretty vast field.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.