Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/3 16:26:52 )
That's exactly what I've been feeling! My brain keeps trying to convince me it's Tuesday this morning. OTL
I've had my nose in a book the last 2 days. lol. Maybe, that's the cause of my days-off feeling.
I finally decided to try and read the ever-so-popular A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas. I read the Assassin's Blade series- Throne of Glass by her a few years back and I enjoyed it. This new series feels like ... Beauty and the Beast meets Hunger Games. XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/3 17:00:24 )
My head has not been in a book all week, but I still feel behind in terms of timing this week.
I think I read that Assassins Blade series a few years ago... it sounds really familiar somehow.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/3 17:37:59 )
I have finished the book. All done. I'm going to end up buying the second one. Cx
Sarah J Maas has a way of making series that gain a lot of popularity. Assassin's Blade was pretty popular before Court Of Thorns and Roses hit it off.
It was a nice break from reality this week.

How's your morning going?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/3 21:26:04 )
    I think the last book I was reading was The Count of Monte Cristo, but I only seem to read when I'm traveling. I did read a webnovel, which was an interesting format, but nothing since.

I'm having a pretty good day; living off the high of a good lentil soup I'm eating as leftovers.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/3 21:44:24 )
@Koah: I'm glad you got a chance to chill with a book :3
My morning was ok - I slept a little later than usual, did some yoga, watered some plants & noticed that a couple things are sprouting ... and a couple other things didn't like the cold we had last week (last week: freeze warnings. Today? It's over 80*F!!). Then I ran a couple errands that turned out ok, if not quite what I was thinking they'd be.

@blue: That is one of my favorite books!
I'm glad you're having a good day! :3 Lentil soup is yummy!! <3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/3 21:52:09 )
    It was really good! I'm sorry I never read it sooner, but it's also enjoyable to take slowly now that I'm older.

Ah, our weather here is average, I think. The snow is melting a little so it's wet, but still cold enough to need a jacket. I'm looking forward to spring.

Ohh, yoga would be nice.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/3 21:59:34 )
Oh good - I'm glad you liked and could appreciate the book! :3

The weather here is average too. It's that time of year where literally every bit of clothing is pulled out of storage... everything from winter jackets and flannel sheets to bathing suits ...and everything in between! ... and I just put the A/C back on... XD

I sometimes miss the time of year you're describing though - it always struck me as so full of promise and hope! <3

Yes, I miss doing yoga regularly. As it is, I only did about 20 minutes this morning, but it was so nice to just move around a little bit and stretch! It has been too long...

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/3 23:29:16 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Kinda ghosted this site for awhile.
Hello everyone.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/3 23:31:13 )
The Count of Mante Cristo is an amazing book. ... yet, I have not finished it.
I just spent an hour at the library, I can tell the librarians are trying to pull me back into their ranks. They were openly discussing needing a new set of eyes with librarian experience [Me]. I just glanced up at them from my books and took sips of my coffee and grinned because they kept sneaking peeks at me during their very open talk.
Once the head honcho, whom I've never met left, the director and head librarian came to my table and just stirred a casual conversation.

That Florida weather is crazy! =o
Today was warm enough to sweep the back patio and spend a little more time outside with the dogs. But, I didn't have enough motivation to really do more than that in our 45-50*f weather.

I am definitely looking forward to spring. I want to plant my seeds and know they'll live and go outside and enjoy more sunshine.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/4 13:19:33 )
@MoodyB: It happens. Welcome back. :3
What's new in your corner of the world?

@Koah: It really is an amazing book, isn't it? <3 You need to finish it - I swear it's one of those books that only gets better with each page you read. It's one I should probably reread again...

LOL at the librarians and you! What are you going to do about it - anything?

Yeah, Florida weather can be a little crazy around this time of year. Mostly it's that gorgeous late Spring early Summer type weather, but there are definitely "beach days" and we can definitely have "oh hellz noes it's cold out there!" days! XD ... and I usually end up with random piles of clothes pulled out because I never know if I'm going to need shorts or a hoodie (no- I don't do that combination ... it's weird.)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/4 13:25:59 )

@Wildfire: Yep~
But I'll admit my sleep schedule has been thrown off since I got sick oof x.x

How's your morning so far?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/4 13:26:23 )
Good morning.
Today is Friday, February 4th for those of us who need the reminder about what day of the week it is... XD

What are your plans for today?
I should probably do some cleaning up around the house but I'll probably end up going outside and playing with my plants some more... if I can find those pumpkin seeds I ordered last week. Oh! And I should plant more herbs... and see about hanging those baskets from the hook I can't reach... and finding baby strawberry plants (?) to put in them. And I should start putting together my son's transcript, which I've seriously procrastinated doing so far (but it's time...) Hmmm... and right now, all I want to do is drink my coffee and forget about that list^^^ XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/4 13:28:25 )
@Purpsy: Yeah, that happens. The first few days after being sick are always a little weird. I find that I still sleep weird hours or amounts, and often I seem to go through a phase of "eat all the things in the house" too. :3 XD I'm sure you'll get back to a regular pattern soon :3

So far, I'm ok, thanks. I'm just sipping my coffee, waking up...

How are you so far?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/4 13:36:24 )

@Wildfire: Sigh yeah when I got really sick I had trouble sleeping at night, I woke up several times 'cause I felt super uncomfortable and kept tossing and turning. Now I sleep on odd hours... passed out like a baby at 5 then several broken sleeps throughout the night until 6 or 7 am in the morning. Add that with seasonal depression :D

I want to go out already TwT

I'm sipping some coffee also, still deciding what I need to do for today.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/4 13:42:36 )
@Purpsy: Yeah, it's not much fun... and that combination doesn't help. :( I'm sorry. Is it possible for you to get some fresh air?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/4 13:48:16 )

@Wildfire: Well... I'm still showing some mild symptoms (mostly a slight cough) and I have to be quarantine longer since I'm not vaccinated but I should be good to go out on Monday d(・∀・○)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/4 13:56:49 )
@Purpsy: Ahhh... gotcha. :3 It was an idea, but dependent on the details of where you live. Here, for example, at that phase, I could go out for a walk without issue -or at least sit on my lanai- but it's easy to avoid close contact with people here, if I needed to.

So... Monday. That's just a couple more days. :3 <3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/4 13:59:41 )

Morning

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/4 14:02:03 )
Good morning AMA. How are you today?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/4 14:03:00 )

@Wildfire: I think I can ^^
I know places where I can avoid other people easily is just I want to get a 100% better first. Also add the fact it has been extremely cold here this past week so is not such a great idea to go out. Which is worrisome most Canadians may get covid easily on this weather, but luckily the new variant of covid is less lethal.

Is better to just wait it out and go out when the weather is a lot more tolerable merp =w=

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.