Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 23:11:16 )
@Wildfire: omgosh, I love that style of rug. <3 It looks bluetiful. ... -ahhaha pun-
You got groceries and mom time in this morning? that's nice! :3
I'm sorry you had allergies again this morning. D:

I just woke up from a nap. Whatever pregnancy period this is, I hate it. XD I'm tired and feel stretched out. lol. and anytime I slightly complain, people go "it gets worse." oh thats nice.
I did not get the Christmas stuff sorted and moved out to the garage. :c I still got time to do it though!
It's my son's birthday today, we made plans for Saturday with friends- so now I have a deadline to get the house tidied up enough to have a couple of kids over.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 02:50:59 )
@Wildfire: Were you able to make your crockpot dinner today? And pretty rug! <3 Looks great!

@Koah: I don't do a ton of things in our crockpot, but luckily I'm almost never disappointed with what comes out. xD Not that I'm not open to trying new things, just haven't gotten that far. Hope your hormones get back to your normal soon! I expect next week will be challenging for me in that regard.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — They/Them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 08:30:27 )

@Wildfire:

h that's cool. I'm more of a traditional medium artist myself and float between different mediums and projects too. I also do a little bit of digital stuff, but it's not my first go-to when I have the opportunity to be creative. Bird skulls, huh? What got you into painting them? (Nothing wrong with it, but it is a little unusual and I'm sure there's a story there... )

Yeah definitely my go-to is traditional mediums, and gosh yeah I float between many projects as well. I have too many WIP's right now lol. Yeah, digital is fun but yeah not my strongest that's for sure. Well, I got into nature and birds pretty young, from watching Bob Ross with my grandma, and also my grandma teaching me how to draw and paint, and I have always loved birds and animals. Skulls and the like came later in life, not quite sure entirely why, and I don't know if there is a story, besides I think they're cool; but if I had to guess it probably started when we used them for anatomy classes in drawing, and idk I guess seeing the beauty of skulls themselves, and death/life itself, or perhaps wanting to celebrate or preserve that life or show appreciating by drawing or painting. I don't know if that answers your question 😅

“I can turn to that day as though it were a page in a book. It’s written so deeply upon my mind I can almost taste the ink.”

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 09:18:07 )
@Wildfire: Hello dear Happy new year:)) we dont Talk in ages! How were your holidays?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 14:26:47 )
@Koah: Nothing like having a deadline to get the house cleaned up, huh? I'm sorry that the pregnancy is kicking your butt right now and that you're not getting the support you seem to be looking for. You're growing a human - it's not a surprise you're tired... and feeling a little "stretched"!! I hope you have a good day today <3

@Aisukohi: No - mom kidnapping me precluded my getting things in the crockpot in time. As it turns out, I didn't cook at all last night and let everyone forage for themselves. They were all "nah, I'm good - I'm not hungry"... until they were hungry, at which point they probably ended up eating more food than they would have if I had just cooked!

Thanks for the compliments on the rug, guys. It's fun to have something to do with my hands when I'm too tired to really concentrate on doing something more creatively demanding...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 14:30:20 )
@Hobgoblin: Wow - changing a few little details, your background story on how you got in to art, etc., could pretty much be mine!! I completely get it! You went to school for art, then - or at least took some classes?

@Miss Sandman: Hello! How are you? How were your holidays? Did your Little One have a good Christmas? My holidays were quiet, which was fine.

good morning everyone.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 14:33:11 )

howdy howdy

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 14:35:31 )
good morning AMA. How are you today so far?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 14:36:16 )

I'm good so far.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 14:40:16 )
Well that's a good start to the day :3 Did you sleep ok? Do you have plans for the day?

I'm currently looking for recipes - something to throw in the crockpot that will go with the saag I need to make later...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 14:41:29 )

I slept pretty good, kind of still sleepy though. Just work for today.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 14:44:09 )
I didn't want to get up this morning - I'm not sure why... just didn't.

So it's going to be a "regular day" for you, then. That can be a good thing. :3 When do you start your new Safety Person role (whatever the exact title - I don't remember specifically atm)

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 14:45:16 )

Boss-man said we'd talk about it at some point. No definite date. Lol and now we have to deal our door's lock being broken.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 14:46:40 )
oh no - that doesn't sound good! ... and you know about this before you even go in to work this morning/afternoon? What happened... because I know there's a story there!

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 14:47:48 )
@Wildfire: Iam good just not really motivated. I need to get my kid but my cat want to cuddle on my lap .... well Yeah the holidays were so nice :) the little one loved her present thats all what is important :DD
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 14:49:05 )

When I tried to lock the doors last night, my key kept getting jammed in the lock so I couldn't lock it. Called my boss, and he had to come all the way back to the store from home. I camped out in front of the store guarding the doors. We try his key and it's still jamming. So it's definitely the lock. We did manage to get the door locked, but he's calling someone to fix it today.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 14:52:27 )
@Miss Sandman: What is it about a cat that cuddles on your lap that makes it so difficult to get up - lol! I'm glad you had a good holiday :3 How are you? How have you been? What's new?

@Another Movie Addict: Aaaah, so it just randomly broke or something? That's not good. I hope you guys get it sorted out ok - I can imagine the chaos that might happen if you don't!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 14:55:06 )

Yeah it had worked fine the night before.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 15:02:10 )
I'm sure your manager has it under control but is it a simple issue of needing a spray of graphite or something?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 15:07:04 )

No idea. It felt like there was something already in there.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.