Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/10 19:11:06 )
@Koah: good... afternoon (here). I went for a walk with a friend and we ended up chatting longer than either of us was expecting, I think...
You have a good reason to be a potato sometimes :3 and it's amazing how much good just going for a drive can be sometimes too, isn't it?
How are you doing today?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/10 20:07:20 )
@Wildfire: I'm doing okay today. I'm trying to not let the hormones take over. My brain wants to over-think things and feel annoyed with the little stuff and that's not me.
So I'm going to focus on getting my son done with school and then head over to the grocery store to make some stew for dinner.
The drive was good for me last night. I poked around Barnes n' Nobles and bought a western and a very ecchi manga. XD 2 very opposite books. lol.
Sounds like your walk was nice and good to catch up with a friend. :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/10 20:27:11 )
@Koah: Oh yeah... I hate it when the hormones make you bonkers... and you know it's hormones, but you still can't do anything about it other than acknowledge it with maybe a "heads up - I'm being X today" to the family XD Good luck, hon. :3 <3

LOL - those are very different books! XD I'm glad you got some time out of the house and to yourself last night <3

It was good to catch up with a friend, and I can definitely do with some more physical activity lately (ugh)... but I'm tired now and am thinking of putting something brainless on the TV while I do some braiding for my next rug. In my defense, I didn't sleep real well last night (still, it's only 2:30pm)... and I'm going to throw some chicken or something in the crockpot... no... it's too late for a crockpot meal... uhhh... well, I was going to do that... *scrambles for easy alternatives for dinner* <---- this is what happens when I don't meal plan. XD

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/10 23:03:09 )
@Wildfire: I'd love to see the rug you are working on. :3
I need to call a friend and catch up with her sometime today. :d

I finished my errands trip and got the stew going. :p so yay. productive.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 02:06:40 )
I love crockpot meals...when we properly prepare for them. xD

And I can't stand that hormonal time of month. x-x The crappy part is that I know I'm being a jerk sometimes, and yet I can't help feeling easily annoyed at every little thing. There are months where I feel like I'm PMS-ing before AND after the actual event! Like body, Y U SO RUDE?!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 03:05:07 )

Evening folks

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 14:17:13 )
@Koah: Yeah, I could probably arrange that :3 Did I ever post the last one I did?
Did you follow up with your friend? How was your evening?

@Aisukohi: Hormones can be so weird :/
Yeah, the crockpot is amazing if you can get stuff in there and get it turned on in time to cook! I didn't manage to do it yesterday but maybe I'll do it today instead. It's not even 8:30am and I already feel like not wanting to have to deal with dinner later on XD

@another movie addict: Good morning. How was your day yesterday?

good morning

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 14:24:10 )

It was alright. Our dnd session was pretty eventful and entertaining.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 14:31:58 )
As usual. :3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 14:35:51 )

Of course. lol

I was also given homework from my job. Lol I decided to take the 'safety captain' position that was offered to me. And my boss wanted me to read the training manual.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 14:40:54 )
lol. Did you single-handedly save the whole campaign again?

Oh, you did take it! Congrats. What finalized that decision for you?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 14:43:34 )

Lol not this time, I tried to, but my team mates don't understand MMORPG speak.

Trying on more responsibilities to help get comfortable enough to seek an assistant manager position. And the extra pay.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 14:46:21 )
@Another Movie Addict: lol... ok, so there was a communication issue... somehow?
That's good - you're testing yourself a bit and taking little steps. And extra pay helps. :3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 14:49:11 )

Lol I play a lot of World of Warcraft and I was trying to use a boss strategy from that game in our dnd game. Where two or three people distract one boss, and another team focuses on the main boss. This is for when a boss has a helper of some kind. Which WoW folks refer to as an add. This strategy is called 'kiting' and is very effective. But the my team mates got confused by the very idea.

I like to ease myself into harder things.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 14:53:11 )
I'm confused why or how your teammates would be so confused over that kind of strategy - whether or not WoW was involved.

Yeah, that approach can often be helpful. Congrats on the new role!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 14:57:43 )

Lol I think it was a simple enough strategy that it could translate well into a different kind of game. But hey we did down the boss. So there's that. XD

Thank you.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 15:00:13 )
Yes, I agree - it's a pretty straight-forward strategy that could easily be applied to different situations. I'm sorry your group didn't "get it" but it's good that you got the boss at the end regardless :3

You're welcome.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 15:07:54 )

It was a good session.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 18:35:41 )
@Aisukohi: I'm trying to get more into crockpot meals. I save a lot of easy ones on my phone and always forget I have a growing list. XD
hormones suck. =3=' I'm definitely struggling with them right now.

@Wildfire: I don't think I saw your last fabric rug. :d I threw my friend a text this morning, wondering when she's available. :\ I'm worried she's not reaching out to me for a reason. But I don't want to read into that feeling because it's probably just the hormones.
I ended up crashing last night. Ate a lot of stew and bread and potatoed on the couch and bed until sleep time. XD
I'm struggling with keeping my energy high this morning. I want to get things done today. I need to actually put away the christmas pile and not just shove it all in a tidy pile in a corner. XDD
How are you doing?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 20:24:26 )
@Another Movie Addict: That seems to be the theme with your group. You have a good DM and a good group of people to play with :3

@Koah: Oh, I hate that feeling! I hope you got in contact with your friend and got all your suspicions ironed out :3
You probably needed to crash last night - and it's not really a surprise if you overdid the bread and potatoes!
We still have a "neat pile" of Christmas stuff sitting in the living room too... plus the less neat boxes that made it to the garage but still need to make it to the attic...

I'm doing ok, thanks - woke up this morning with pollen-swollen eyes, which is always fun. Not.
I disappeared this morning because I ran to get groceries and my mom kidnapped me immediately after....

This is the completed one that my mom "stole"... the photo isn't the best, but that's it :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.