Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/8 19:43:09 )
@Aisukohi: Yeah, the computer always wants to update at the most inconvenient times, doesn't it?
I agree - nice avi! <3

@Koah: Yeah - I was going to suggest that your daughter do martial arts too, but maybe you and she do something else together instead... yoga, maybe? A different martial art (like a year from now-lol)?

I much prefer to use my laptop for most online things - it's just so much easier and more convenient (most of the time). :3

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/8 19:51:19 )
@Koah: Thank you! <3 And I'm the opposite, using my phone for most things lol. I really should use my computer more since it was a gift.

@Wildfire: Yeah, there's never a good time for updates lol. I'd update and shut down when I'm done, except I'd have to plug it in to make sure it doesn't die in the process, which is a pain. And thank you!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/9 02:51:56 )

S'up folks

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/9 02:55:04 )
@Wildfire: I went to my daughter's best friend's bday today. and boy, the mom had lots of fun stories about our daughter's school drama, friend troubles, etc.
I felt really out-of-the-know. It kinda felt like a slap. The whole time I was thinking 'maybe.. she should be at home too...' but my kiddo is social and needs that chaotic school life. =O

@Aisukohi: Its pretty cool to ask people what they use on these forums. Almost seems like a 50/50. Half like their phones and half like their laptops/computers.
I don't ever move my laptop, it lives in one spot, and when I have free time, I go to my comp spot and chit-chat throughout the day. :d

Donator — They/Them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/9 10:49:42 )

@Wildfire: Not really! Get some art done and relax~! What about you?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/9 14:01:43 )
@Aisukohi: Yeah, never a good time for updates and they're annoying... but at least they get me to reboot the computer, I guess? I have zero patience for computers and tend to not reboot them or shut them down regularly because I don't like waiting for them to go through all their gyrations so I can look up or check on that one thing I sit down to do...

@Koah: Oh!!! So this mom was telling you about the drama between the girls? It might be a bit of a wake-up call to talk with your daughter more or to encourage her to open up to you more (especially at this age before things get really pre-teen-y/teen-y and really weird), but it also tells me that this other lady and her daughter are just more prone to chattering and gossip than perhaps you and your daughter are...?? ... just different personalities. Remember to listen to your heart and be your own kind of attentive parent ;) <3

Also, you're still operating under the impression that homeschooling is isolated and antisocial in some ways because you haven't connected to any of the co-ops or groups in your area yet. You might decide for a different school option for your daughter once you do make those connections for your son, and if your area is as homeschool friendly as your librarian has suggested, you're going to be surprised at how busy and social and chaotic the homeschool world can be!!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/9 14:04:34 )
@Hobgoblin: Oh cool - another artist :3 What kinds of things do you do?
Yesterday I did some work in my garden and I started working on another (inside) project. I cooked dinner, chilled out in front of the tv for a bit... It feels like I got more done yesterday than apparently I have!

Good morning.
How is everyone today so far?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/9 14:24:39 )

Good morning, I am doing great. Had a thoroughly pleasant day yesterday, minus a few annoyances at Walmart. Today I plan on having a another pleasant day. Play some games, maybe paint.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/9 14:35:18 )
Hey AMA. I'm glad you had a good day yesterday, despite having to deal with Walmart - lol!
Do you have anything specific planned for today?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/9 14:40:27 )

Laundry but that's it. I plan to just relax today.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/9 14:46:38 )
That sounds good. I wonder if I'll be able to do the same (doubtful)

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/9 14:57:33 )

I need to do laundry lol, both of my work shirts had some spills.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/9 16:57:22 )
@Koah: I used to practically be glued to my laptop, but the tables have turned with me working these last several years lol. Usually I feel socially drained by the time I get home since I deal with lots of people for my job. So typically I'll just scroll through Facebook and Reddit on my phone or watch some shows on my various streaming platforms. ^^;

@Wildfire: Right? Like why does it take so long to update things when downloading is so fast now? I'm sure I could just look up the answer to that, but I don't wanna. xD

My day is going nicely so far. I ended up completely vegging out yesterday, so today I'm being a little more productive. Did a little work earlier this morning to make my tomorrow easier. Mondays always hit us like a freight train at work for some reason, so wanna be a little more prepared. xD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/9 17:42:45 )
@Aisukohi: Exactly... but it's because these programs and apps that we have grown so accustomed to have also bloated themselves right in line with the faster speeds and more memory, etc.

Oh, I'm glad you got yourself a little more prepared for tomorrow - hopefully it will ease that freight train for you!

I was just out replanting a couple things and doing some weeding and now I'm sneezing, despite the shower to get the pollen off me and an allergy med. /sigh/ Why does Florida need to be SO thoroughly pollenated?? XD

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/9 18:03:08 )
@Wildfire: you're definitely right on all accounts. I sat and thought a lot about it last night.
I'm just now getting my foot in the door with the homeschooling community. Next week I got day-time stuff lined up for my son. I'll be able to chit-chat with other local moms and see what other groups/programs they do.
I realized last night, that I have taught my daughter to not gossip much unless it's something that really got under her skin. I don't really tolerate drama. :o This situation just tells me my daughter acknowledges that about our relationship.

good Morning. I got my coffee and I'm likely going to jump into a video game soon.

Donator — They/Them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/9 20:13:04 )

@Wildfire: Ohh I work with a lot of different mediums, but mostly acrylics, watercolours, and pastels. Plus digital! (still learning though!) I mostly do nature, birds, skulls (weird I know) and fan art lol What about you? Oh, nice! Still, that's a lot, gardening can be a lot of work. I love plants myself! :) Good luck with the project!

“I can turn to that day as though it were a page in a book. It’s written so deeply upon my mind I can almost taste the ink.”

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/9 21:58:52 )
@Wildfire: Yup. Sorry that your allergies are acting up. I never had any environmental/seasonal allergies until I moved here. x-x Luckily it only affects me maybe a couple weeks out of the year, but still, it's annoying.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/10 14:28:36 )
@Koah: <3 Get a better idea of what's available with the homeschooling community in your area, then go from there. :3 I hope you find the support and opportunities you're looking for (I'm sure you will, if the local community is as active as you're suggesting!). Glad to offer some perspective (maybe) on the different relationship you have with your daughter versus the other mom and hers. I see some of the drama with my friends and their daughters and it's astounding, quite frankly.

I hope you got a chance to play those video games and relax a little bit yesterday :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/10 14:33:18 )
@Hobgoblin: Oh that's cool. I'm more of a traditional medium artist myself and float between different mediums and projects too. I also do a little bit of digital stuff, but it's not my first go-to when I have the opportunity to be creative. Bird skulls, huh? What got you in to painting them? (Nothing wrong with it, but it is a little unusual and I'm sure there's a story there... )

@Aisukohi: I never had allergies until I moved to Florida. Things are just sooooo different down here in terms of plants and timing and everything!

Good morning.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/10 17:34:52 )
@Wildfire: Good Morning.
I ended up being a potato yesterday and in the evening, I drove an hour to the city to do some browsing and get out of the house.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.