Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2021: Restless Slumber Restless Slumber: The Shaking Door (VOTING CLOSED)

Npc — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 01:01:05 )

While this plain wooden door doesn’t stand out too much on its own, the fact that it’s rattling and shaking does have you a little on edge. Your mind races on all the possibilities. What’s on the other side, and if you open this door, will it somehow escape?

You swallow and shake your head. The Guardians never mentioned that being a possibility, so you resolve yourself to see this through. The moment you reach out and turn the handle, the door bursts open, and you find yourself sucked in.

Your feet aren’t touching the ground anymore, the wind is rushing your ears, and you think to yourself “I must be falling!” But opening your eyes, you see your reality is somehow much worse. Debris and household objects whip around you in a flurry of wind and rain, thunder booming in the close distance as you’re thrashed about by the severe storm you now find yourself caught in the middle of.

Only one thought enters your mind: safety! Find safety! Luckily you aren’t lifted too far off the ground, and you’re able to find a structure to stable yourself on. Slowly edging your way out of the raging wind, you break free of the cyclone’s angry hold, panting as you try to catch your breath.

You don’t get long to gather your bearings, as something within the storm finally catches your attention. There is somebody else caught within its winds, who seems to be in much greater peril than you! Ran the acrobat waves to you urgently from within the whirlwind she’s been caught in, trying to catch your attention. When you finally spot her, you can see her cup her hands to her mouth, trying to shout something to you. However, her voice is lost within the raging wind, and you’re left unsure of what she’s trying to say. Judging by the terror on her face and her current predicament, you’re sure it can’t be good.

Keeping yourself braced, you try to reach out for her, but she’s too far from grasp for that to ever be an option. Ran calls out to you again with tears in her eyes, but you hear nothing.

You better find a way to save Ran before she’s blown away!

Art by Mica.

Npc — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 01:03:34 )
Summary
Entering the Shaking Door led straight to Ran's nightmare.
She's having a nightmare about being stuck in a heavy storm.
If you don't hurry and save her, she might be blown away!

Mechanics
Find all the words to help summon clear weather.
This is a group activity. Working together will help make it easier to find all the answers.
But feel free to work alone as well!
Make sure to put your answers under a spoiler to give others a chance to play.

Prize
Once all the correct answers have been found, and at least 10 people have attempted to answer,
the EI Rainy Weather will be added to Joyful Jamboree.

All participants in this thread will be granted a free Rainy Weather at the end of the event.
(Note: Participation includes any form of posting in this thread. Even if you don’t want to join in the game, show your support!)

Npc — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 01:04:05 )
FIND THE WORDS...

Current Progress
Unlock Reached!

Npc — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 01:07:45 )
YOU CLEAR THE SKIES...

Your brain goes into autopilot, trying to find something, anything that you can use to pull Ran free from this perilous situation. To your relief, you spot an abandoned skipping rope nearby. While in any normal circumstance you know that would be a stupid idea, you really bank on dream logic helping you out on this one.

Making sure to dig your heels into the dirt to ground yourself, you quickly turn the skipping rope into a makeshift lasso before tossing it out towards the girl currently being tossed about in the increasingly angry tornado. To your relief, the rope finds your target, latching around Ran who instinctively grabs on with all her strength.

It isn’t an easy job, trying to fight against nature’s might as you do all you can to yank Ran free. It takes quite a few tugs of the rope, but eventually you break Ran free of the wind’s grip. As you do, the storm around her suddenly seems to dissipate like magic, the roaring winds and torrential rains fading into a gentle breeze. However, you don’t have time to be thankful that your plan worked, as you have a new problem to consider: Ran’s falling!

You drop the rope and rush in, your arms outstretched as you hope against hope you reach her in time. Despite your worries, you’re relieved as you suddenly feel her arms wrap around you as she falls into your arms, causing you to stumble back from the impact. You check to see if she’s alright, but her hold on you only tightens as it turns into a warm, relieved hug.

“Ah… W… Oh… Wow!” She laughs weakly, but you can feel her shaking like a leaf. It’s clear she’s still overwhelmed from her frightening ordeal, “I… I r… ruh-really didn’t think I’d m-make it out of there! I thought… I… I wuh… I was-” Ran shakes her head, giving up on that thought as she lets out a trembling sigh, “You saved me… T-Thank you…”

You tell her you’re just happy you showed up when you did, and she pulls back from the hug to give you an appreciative smile. However, something soon catches her attention as she looks past you in amazement, “Wow…”

You turn your head to follow her gaze, and to your amusement the now blue sky is painted with the biggest rainbow you have ever seen in your life. As you appreciate one of these dreams giving you something pleasant to look at for once, you hear Ran sigh dreamily to herself, her lingering feelings of fear seeming to melt away.

“S-Sometimes the most terrifying experiences lead to the most buh-beautiful experiences, don’t they…?”

You can’t help but agree, as you lead her away back to the safety of the waking world.

WHERE TO GO?

You have unlocked the chance to vote for which door you'd like to enter first.
To vote, simply ping Ran with: @Ran: I vote for [this door].
The door that receives the highest votes will be the thread unlocked tomorrow at [time].

Doors Available:
The Caged Door
A Metal Barred Door With Darkness Behind

The Inscribed Door
A Door Covered in Mysterious Writing

The Watchful Door
A Stone Door Inlaid with a Moving Eye
The Lost Door
The Decaying Door
The Damp Door
The Reflective Door
The Unlucky Door
The Shaking Door

Voltie — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 01:13:50 )
( my bad I thought it was called the Restless Door but it was the Shaking Door c'; )
later.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 01:21:44 )

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 01:28:01 )

ALWAYS PING ME

Voltie — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 01:34:45 )

Done!

★~~Questing~~★

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 01:40:12 )
I don't know how to make a fancy button lol

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 01:43:01 )

Completed this day's challenge.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 01:44:53 )
Yay, thank you this was awesome!!!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 01:45:32 )
@kiwi: Thank you kiwi!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 01:53:33 )

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 02:04:32 )

please @ me

Donator — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 02:04:49 )

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 02:12:24 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 02:14:30 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Voltie — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 02:15:59 )

this was fun !! ^o^

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 02:17:31 )

Please ping!! I am a busy mom and tend to get lost~

I enjoy the word search games. *^*

Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 02:30:26 )
Fun word search! Not sure I have time for it today though..

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.