Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2021: Restless Slumber Restless Slumber: The Decaying Door (VOTING CLOSED)

Npc — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 01:12:05 )

As you step up towards the ancient looking door, you immediately feel yourself scrunching your nose. The faint smell of rot and decay dances around you, and it’s no surprise why as you look over the crumbling, decomposing wood of this door. You’re afraid to even touch the rusting handle, it doesn’t look very stable… Still, somebody is in need, you had better risk it.

Fog curls around your legs as you step into what you instantly recognize as a cemetery. If there was ever a perfect place for a nightmare, it would be here… You glance around, trying to make sense of your surroundings, before a familiar voice catches your attention.

“Hey! What are you doing? Hurry, get away from there!”

You swivel your head, at first unable to locate the source, before glancing upwards. On top of a mausoleum, you see Velvet, her eyes wild from fear and worry. She’s extending a hand out towards you, and curiously you reach to take it, asking what she’s doing as she pulls you off the ground.

“Haven’t you been paying attention? Look behind you!”

You glance behind you and you feel your heart stop. A horde of shambling zombies has been on your tail this whole time! Quickly you scramble up top of the structure to join Velvet, who now unconfidently clutches a baseball bat in her hands.

“They’re everywhere! I’ve been trying to fight them off but they just… They just keep trying to GRAB me! Eugh… I’m getting the heebie jeebies just thinking about it…”

Well, being grabbed by a zombie sounds like the worst case scenario here… You’d better think quick if you want the both of you to escape, those zombies are pooling up around you quickly!

Art by ghost.

Npc — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 01:12:19 )
Summary
Entering the Decaying Door led straight to Velvet's nightmare.
She seems to be fighting off a hoarde of shambling zombies!
Help her escape these approaching monsters!

Mechanics
One of the zombies is unique! Find them!
This is a group activity. Working together will help make it easier to find all the answers.
But feel free to work alone as well!
Make sure to put your answers under a spoiler to give others a chance to play.

Prize
Once all the correct answers have been found, and at least 15 people have attempted to answer,
the EI Zombie Slayer will be added to Joyful Jamboree.

All participants in this thread will be granted a free Zombie Slayer at the end of the event.
(Note: Participation includes any form of posting in this thread. Even if you don’t want to join in the game, show your support!)

Npc — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 01:12:58 )
SPOT THE ODD ONE OUT...

Current Progress
Unlock Reached!

Npc — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 01:13:39 )
YOU ESCAPE THE ZOMBIES...

You scan the disgusting crowd of reanimated bodies that surround the platform the two of you are safely standing on. Safe or not, there’s no way you can stay in this dream! There has to be a way out of here, or a way to distract the zombies, or…

Hold on.

Your eyes land on something strange within the crowd. One of the zombies doesn’t look quite right… Their expression seems almost nervous, and on closer inspection you can see they have no rot or blood… That’s makeup! Turning to Velvet, you point them out in the crowd, and her eyes light up.

“A zombie poser? What a concept!” She chuckles softly for a moment, before moving to dig through her bag, “That’s a great idea though! If they won’t notice them, they won’t notice us right?” She smiles brightly, holding up some makeup, “And I’m definitely better at painting faces than that person!”

She isn’t wrong, but as a skilled makeup artist, she also takes her time making sure you both look perfect. After a long, patient wait, Velvet finally steps away from you with a proud smile on her now equally terrifying face, “Excellent! There’s no way those ghouls will know it’s us now!”

You’d better hope so, you’re about to put this theory to the test.

Carefully, the two of you hope down from the mausoleum. Instantly, Velvet gets into her role, trying to play up being a mindless zombie. Maybe a little too hard, it seems she might be having some fun having a chance at acting. Trying to match her energy, you join in, and head into the lumbering crowd.

To your shared relief, the zombies don’t seem to notice you, seeming more confused at the sudden ‘disappearance’ of their next meal than anything. You continue the charade, slowly easing your way away from the zombies. The instant you’re out of view, the two of you book it towards the exit, Velvet laughing shakily.

“Thank you for that clever idea! Eugh... I’m going to need a long, hot bath after this!”

You can’t help but agree.

WHERE TO GO?

You have unlocked the chance to vote for which door you'd like to enter first.
To vote, simply ping Velvet with: @Velvet: I vote for [this door].
The door that receives the highest votes will be the thread unlocked tomorrow at [time].

Doors Available:

1. The Damp Door:
A Leaking Door Covered in Rust

2. The Caged Door:
A Metal Barred Door With Darkness Behind

3. The Reflective Door:
A Double Set of Mirrored Doors

The Lost Door
The Decaying Door

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 01:17:19 )
    Yay zombies

Donator — She, Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 01:17:49 )

Good luck to eveeyone who can figure it out haha

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 01:18:09 )
    @Velvet:
    4th from the right on the second to last row. He smilin'.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 01:22:15 )
@sunny:
Darn you beat me to it!

Donator — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 01:22:38 )

Also, this Velvet illustration is amazing. Her hair and outfit are cute af~

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — She, Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 01:25:57 )

@Velvet:

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 01:28:50 )
    @Aynjell: it's ok, you can still take part :)

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 01:29:37 )

5 over 7 down has a different smile to the rest

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 01:29:57 )

Velvet omg I love your art! You get ‘em girl!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 01:37:10 )
Oh fun!!! I'm not in a position right now to post a submission or potential answer, but I will in the morning. In the meantime, good luck everyone! <3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 01:41:14 )
Oh! I take it back!!!!

Row 7
Column 5

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — She/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 01:44:35 )
This one is cute haha!
7th row, 5th one from the left!

Voltie — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 01:58:00 )

Done!

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 02:01:17 )

ALWAYS PING ME

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 02:01:24 )

Ah, this was more enjoyable than I thought.

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 02:02:46 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

And this yet again shows that Velvet looks good doing anything...
Simping aside, i did it!

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.