Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/10 14:34:26 )
@Purpsy: good morning. I'm sorry that you're dealing with allergies :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/10 15:22:20 )

@Wildfire: It comes and goes
I think is gone now. How are you doing today?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/10 16:00:46 )
@Purpsy: I'm glad you're feeling better today :3
I'm doing well, thanks ... I'm headed off to go kayaking for the first time in several months, so that's good :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/10 16:07:31 )

@Wildfire: Ooh have fun! :3

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/10 17:25:41 )
@Wildfire: Oh Sugarcane! That would be cool. I've always been curious about sugarcane, but never ambitious enough to really look into it.
I know grapes do well in the heat.
I'm actually going to replace some vine plants this spring and put grapes in their place in my yard.

Good Morning.

It's a "I need coffee" kind of morning.

Donator — buckaroo Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/10 20:16:36 )

Morning! And I agree, @koah
I got a big 'ole cup this morning to get me goin!

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/10 21:34:02 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: that is good to hear.
im doing about the same.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/10 23:56:32 )
@Purpsy: Thank you. I had fun. And got sunburned. I saw a lot of rays and horseshoe crabs today.

@Koah: Yeah, sugarcane is a little alien to me too, since I am a transplant and not a native, but although I think it would be cool to grow, I was reminded that sugarcane seems to attract the poisonous invasive "bofu" frogs...so now I'm second-guessing that idea. Grapes would be cool to grow, but I can't really see that happening in the space we have available.

Did your day turn out ok, or was it one of those "constant coffee" type days?

@icedchai: I should have had a big ol' cuppa... but I managed to get through the day ok without it.
How was your day?

@MoodyB: Did you have a good day today?

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/11 00:25:26 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: it was okay.
I didn't really do anything but paint a tiny bit and then quit lol.
mostly since i forgot how i paint skin...again since i don't do it often.

But it's been a decent day.
how about you?

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — buckaroo Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/11 01:50:52 )

@wildfire: Pretty good ! I've been taking better care of myself lately :')
Pretty excited to go home and relax, though.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/11 06:09:48 )
@Wildfire: I had a very "i wish I could drink more coffee" kind of days. It was a bed rest day. The only productive thing I did was make dinner. X)
Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a spark of energy.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/11 12:35:22 )
@MoodyB: I'm glad you had a decent day. My day was pretty good - I went kayaking and saw a lot of stingrays and horseshoe crabs, and a dolphin went under my kayak at one point. I got a little sunburnt and got a little cold when the sky got completely overcast.

@icedchai: Happy to hear you're doing pretty well. What did you do when you got home - anything special to relax?

@Koah: Yeah... I'm sorry. Those days can be rough if you're used to being up and doing things, but you need to give your body a chance to relax too - especially when it goes "Oh heck No, I'm not doing anything today!" XD I hope you feel better today though. <3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/11 16:24:01 )
@Wildfire: I keep seeing items I've never seen before on your avi. It's fun how much you change it up. :p
So far, I have a little bit of energy. but we'll see. I really want to clean and get my house back in order.

Good Morning. How are you?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/11 17:48:50 )
@Koah: hehe - I'm glad you're finding interesting things :3
I'm glad you're feeling a little bit better. Hopefully that will continue.
I'm trying to decide whether or not to run out and get plants...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/11 18:02:04 )
@Wildfire: I vote for you going out and getting plants. lol! :3
I'm hopefully going to get dressed and do some errands. I have 2 veterans in my house that deserve some hamburgers or brats for dinner. :d

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/11 18:04:33 )
@Koah: lol! <3 I'm thinking about buying a banana plant (or two) and a goji berry bush. I've seen both of those at the local nursery but I'm not seeing a couple of things that I really want to get my hands on...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/11 18:11:53 )
@Wildfire: oh my gosh, the plants on that side of the US are so different than the ones at our plant nurseries. lol!
What are goji berries?! what can you make with them? :d
I've looked into banana plants. :3 not something I can do around here, that's for sure.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/11 18:26:07 )
@Koah: It's Florida. It's subtropical and a very different environment and growing season that most other places in the US. Most of the rest of the east side of the country is probably closer to what you would expect to see. We are closer to the Caribbean and Mexican type plants, etc. And yes, it's weird. :3 But OMFreakingG - a friend just said she has cuttings and seeds from everything I want & haven't been able to find!

Goji berries (aka wolfberries) are small red berries that you can find in (some) stores - like raisins or dried cranberries. But I can grow a bush of them here! <3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/11 18:53:41 )
@Wildfire: OMG go to your friend's place and get those cuttings!!! <333
Next year I'll be making netted pots [to keep the deer out] and grow blueberries and raspberries. My raspberries were flowering and the deer came ALL the way up to my front door just to eat my plant down to stubs. >:c

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/11 18:58:08 )
@Koah: Yes! I'll go over this weekend or early next week, pick her brain... and her cuttings! XD I should probably figure out where the heck in my yard to try putting these things... and how to keep the animals (deer included) out of them!
Netted pots to keep deer out? I think I'm missing something with that...
Blueberries and raspberries and strawberries... <3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.