Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Caught in the Spiders Web

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/28 01:26:33 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
She was silent as she sat at the stand. She was behind it, as was usual. It was a weekend shop that she was often selling things in, and knew that she did decent business there. Granted, she wasn't really relying on it. She wasn't famous, didn't make that much money from these weekend markets, but at the same time, she this was a decent way for her to boost her income a bit. That bit was definitely worthwhile, for her.

Plus, she liked kids, and a lot of people brought their kids.

She was lounging a bit as she was there, sewing another thing she was going to sell as she waited. The sun was high in the sky and she was most certainly not enjoying the burn she was likely going to acquire. It was an outdoor market, which wasn't anything too surprising, but it meant that she needed some sort of protection. So she had an awning above her, made of the same material that she used for her clothing.

A few people stopped by, bought something from her, and moved on. She put the money where it was meant to be, and resumed her sewing. There were plenty of people who weren't entirely thrilled with the idea of her being there, alone. Men should be the ones doing the selling, but she wasn't from around there, didn't care what people thought, and was selling stuff she made. If she made sales, cool. If not, that wasn't a huge issue to her.

Most of her money came from other means, though. This was just a hobby of hers.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/28 05:48:49 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Meanwhile, as she sat there, sewing and working on her next piece, two pairs of eyes watched her from a nearby alley. They were hiding behind a large stack of trash, and were specifically eyeing where she kept the money that people were giving her, as well as the stacks of neatly-folded clothing she had behind her. One of them had a very predatory look to them, while the other looked... more apprehensive and nervous.

They were a pair of young boys, looked to be brothers. Twins, even. One of them had blonde hair, while the other had red hair with blonde streaks. And both looked... like they had experienced hardships in their lives already, as was evidenced by their tattered and holey clothing, looking like it was barely keeping itself together.

"...are you sure about this?" the blonde-haired one asked. "She seems really nice. And she's just trying to make a living. Is this right?" he asked further, which resulted in a bit of a derisive snort from the other one.

"You're so naïve." he responded. "I'm sure most of these people are nice, but they're making a good living off of this. They won't miss a little here and there. We get to eat another day, they still have their riches and can go back to their homes, it's a victimless crime. Plus, the colder weather is coming, and we NEED something to wear. Her stuff looks like it'll last us for at LEAST half a year. She'll be fine. She won't even notice that some of her wares are gone." he stated further, causing the first brother to bristle a little... but he then just sighed.

"I don't like your reasoning." he told him bluntly. "Sounds like nothing more than rationalisation for something already planned, but at the same time, I can't argue with the fact that we need this." he went on. "But does it have to be HER?" he then inquired. "Can't we just find a merchant that's rude or off-putting?' he asked his brother further.

"If we target them too much, they'll catch onto us, and it'll just make things harder." he stated. "Now stop with all this moral high-ground malarkey that won't get us fed today, and clothed for the next few months, and let's get a move on!" he barked.

The first one sighed heavily, and then nodded, as the two stepped out of the alley. The red-haired one snuck off to the side, sticking to shadows and blending into the crowd, as the blonde-haired one meekly approached the woman from the front.

"Um... e-excuse me? Ma'am?" he addressed her, looking up at her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/28 06:00:37 )

She was silent before looking up at him, a friendly expression on her face. She paused a moment, looking him from head to toe.

"You... look rough." She stated.

"You ok?" She asked, concern in her voice, her face. She set what she was working on aside before leaning forward a bit, her elbows on the table she was using, as she met his gaze.

"And you're on your own, alone...." She added as she looked around before sighing lightly.

"Hold on." she said, before twisting to grab something from the clothing she had back there, just as she saw the redhead boy. She paused.

"... Yes?" She asked, a bit of a whistle on the ess. The redheaded boy may not have noticed it, but he was now surrounded by more spiders than everyone someone who loved spiders would enoy having around them.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/28 07:00:10 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The red-haired individual looked over towards the woman, meeting her eye to eye, and seemed like a deer caught in bright lights for about 4-5 seconds. He said nothing in response, didn't even make a sound, before suddenly turning to bolt. However, he then noticed that he was absolutely SURROUNDED by spiders, which caused him to falter and fall back on his ass.

The spiders rapidly moved out of the way so as not to be crushed, but as soon as he was on his ass, they closed in once more, surrounding him even more now.

"No!" the blonde-haired one exclaimed.

"Please!" he said to the lady. "He was just trying to provide for us! For me!" he told her.

"We'll leave right now and never bother you again! I promise!" he pleaded, sounding near tears.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/28 07:03:00 )

The woman didn't say anything before getting to her feet, moving around to where the other boy was, and just holding her hand out to him. She didn't know if he would accept it, and his recoil definitely made her question things. When he started to shuffle back, he felt the spiders start to crawl over his fingers, which just made him recoil from them and pull his hands in towards him again.

"Hey. Take my hand and they'll leave you alone." The young woman stated.

"I promise. They just perceive you as a threat for the moment." She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/28 08:38:18 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The red-haired one paused for a moment, looking around at the spiders that surrounded him, and then looking back towards the woman. He was silent, still, and appeared to be weighing his options... whatever they would have been.

However, in the end, he chose to accept her hand, and when he did so, she helped him to his feet, and the spiders retreated a little.

"...right..." he then said.

"I'll go, now." he told her.

"I assume you'll be telling the rest of the merchants about this now." he then said further, before biting his bottom lip.

'Well, you'll not see us again, I promise." he finished, his tone showing that he hoped this would be the end of it... but that he was expecting some very negative consequences.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/28 08:45:37 )

She was silent for a moment before sighing, heavily.

"You look about as rough as the other one." She commented, looking between them.

"Twins?" She asked, her voice curious.

"Yes." The blonde answered after a moment or two. The other one just shot his brother a look of disaproval.

"Shh!" He hissed.

"Oh please. I know you two aren't average." The white haired woman answered.

"Look, I have secrets too." She then siad.

"For now, though, how about I give you two some clothing and let you get changed behind here. It's probably the most privacy you'll get around here." She added as she grabbed a few articles of clothing.

"I'm not sure they'll fit you though, I do admit." She admitted as she handed a change of clothes to both of them.

"If they're too big, I can take them in for you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/28 19:31:04 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The blonde-haired one accepted the clothing readily, while the red-haired one looked skeptical as all get-out... but still accepted them. He looked at her questioningly for a few more seconds, before looking at the clothing again.

"...secrets..." he said quietly.

"I can only assume that... yours has to do with..." he went on, but trailed off and merely looked around at the seemingly countless spiders that surrounded him still... though they backed off a little more.

"Thank you." the blonde then quickly interjected, fearing this talk about 'secrets' would lead to some very uncomfortable questions from the woman. And he didn't want them to be rude to her right now, considering what she was doing for them.

"But... but why?" he then asked.

"Why are you being so nice to us when we tried to steal from you?" he asked her, as he slowly moved towards his brother, and started to slowly usher him to the back, where the woman had gestured for them to go.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/28 19:34:36 )

"How 'bout you get changed into better clothing, then hang around. Once I can go get some food, I'll feed you too, and you can ask all your questions." She said.

"Because I get the feeling that there really wouldn't be much that we can say without some potential issues if overheard." She added.

"All right?" She asked as the spiders started to encircle where the boys were, but this time more in a protective manner. They were keeping watching to make sure they weren't seen while changing.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/28 19:47:05 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The two boys didn't really say anything in response, and just stepped further back into where she had told them to. Once they were out of sight, they took off the scraps that were posing as their old clothing, and let them fall to the ground. The woman looked at the clothing as it fell... and immediately, she could tell that it was only a matter of days before large portions would have been falling off, to the point where it would have been indecent exposure if they'd kept going with them. It was that bad, and they'd been THAT desperate for clothing.

They put on the new clothing, and while it fit the blonde-haired one quite well, the woman could see that it was a smidgen big on the red-haired boy. But then again, the blonde boy looked like he had a broader build than his brother, while the other definitely looked more petit. The clothing wasn't swimming on him, but she could tell it was maybe a size too big.

The blonde was the one that spoke next, looking at her.

"Th... thank you..." he said quietly.

"What are we doing to repay this kindness?" he asked her, as the red-haired brother slightly, but noticeably (for her, anyway) stepped forward a little, and shuffled a smidgen towards his brother. And she could see what he was doing.

He was subtly getting into a position where he could defend and protect his brother if need be.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/28 19:51:21 )

She was silent for a moment before starting to look through what she had, the various sizes. She wanted to see if she had something that would fit the smaller of the too better, as she had a feeling he wouldn't enjoy her pinning and stitching it while he was wearing it. She also had no interest, at all, in asking him to return to what he was wearing before for her to take the clothing in at all.

"Here." She said, handing him something new.

"I think this one is smaller. Try it on." She told him, realising he'd likely be hesitant, before looking to the blonde.

"What are you going to do? Nothing." She answered with a soft smile.

"Seriously. I've been where you are. Built myself up from the bottom and got to where I am. Being a female, it's not easy. I had no one help me out when I needed it, did it all myself, so I'm giving you boys a helping hand."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/28 21:52:45 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The boys looked quite surprised to hear that, but while the redhead accepted the smaller article of clothing, the blonde looked... relieved. Happy, even. Like a bit of a massive weight was lifted off his shoulders, even if temporarily.

He then looked at the redhead, and used his elbow to nudge him in the ribs, lightly.

"Ah!" the redhead exclaimed lightly, as he looked back, and his brother shot him a small look.

"Oh." he said, looking towards the woman again. "Thank you..." he said quietly, removing the larger shirt and putting on the smaller one, it fitting him MUCH better than the previous.

"These are really comfortable." the blonde told her.

"Yes... yes, they really are." the redhead agreed.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/28 21:56:20 )

"Good to know." The woman stated with a smile, before pausing. She'd seen how thin he was when he swapped his shirt. It was alarming, to put it lightly.

"... Listen... Stick around. Have a seat and hang around." She said.

"Even if you stay back there, it's fine. Just... hang around. I want to feed you two." She admitted bluntly.

"You," she pointed to the thinner of the two, "look to be scary thin, and I'd rather know that you have at least SOME food in that belly of yours before you move on to wherever you guys are gonna go next if you don't plan to hang around." She paused a moment, looking around. Sure, it was still early in the day, but she really wasn't getting much business anyway.

".... actually..." She started before getting to her feet again, having returned to her seat. "Nevermind. Come on, let's go. I'm going to treat the both of you to some food." As she spoke, she was gathering up her wares, and money.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/28 23:37:59 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Both of the boys were... honestly, stunned at this point. They were not used to hearing something like that. They exchanged glances at each other, with the redhead still looking skeptical.

"...please?" the blonde asked quietly. "Please... let's trust her." he said further. "She seems really nice." he added.

The redhead was silent upon hearing that, before shaking his head.

"...all right." he responded. "All right, let's... give this a shot." he agreed, before looking back at the woman.

"And I look really thin?" he asked her, clearly a little on the oblivious side about his own health.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/28 23:43:47 )

"You really do." She answered honestly.

"So, let's go." She then said before pausing.

"I really do hope neither of you are scared of spiders. I have... a lot. And yes, I will tell you why when we get somewhere more private." She added before making sure she had everything, and pulling everything closed.

"Come, let's get out of the sun." She said. As she stepped into the bright midday su, they could both see that she was rather pale. Her hair seemed almost reflective of the light, too.

"And yes, you are far too thin." She told the smaller boy before looking to his brother.

".... you're more scarily thin, I'm guessing. Considering you have a broader frame than he does."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 00:13:09 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The redhead looked away when she said that to the blonde, looking sheepish and ashamed.

"I... no, no, I'm not." he stated. "My brother does really well in finding food and stuff for us. For me." he told her further. But before she could respond, his brother spoke up.

"...no. I don't." he stated.

"We're lucky if we eat every other day." he said. "And I know we never have enough for the both of us." he went on.

"But you always give more food to me!" the blonde insisted.

"And regardless... it's not enough. I'M not good enough." his brother lamented.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 00:46:24 )

The white haired woman just sighed.

"Well, tonight? You two are eating your fill. Period. End of story." She stated after a moment or two as they walked.

"Because .... you shouldn't be starving as you are. It's not right." She said with a heavy sigh.

"And I hate it. so I'm going to feed you." There was a determination to her voice, and a dedication that likely caught both boys by surrpised. She was refusing to let them go without some food.

She'd do up some food for them to take, and send a few spiders as well, if they didn't want to stay. She would offer, but she wasn't sure if they would accept; she'd actually put money down that they wouldn't accept, at least the spunkier of the two wouldn't.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 01:26:23 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The boys were still a little stunned by the woman's generosity towards them. They weren't used to it, to understate it. They were used to shopkeeps and other adults being hostile and aggressive to them, and at the best, ambivalent and apathetic to them. But this? This woman was actively trying to help them. INSISTING that she help them. And it was confusing to them just how much it seemed like she wouldn't hear anything to the contrary.

The blonde was a little optimistic about this, thinking that they'd perhaps found a genuinely nice person in the world, while the redhead was sure that there was an ulterior motive to this. There HAD to be. Nobody did something like this for nothing, did they? Surely there would be a condition sprung on them at the last minute, and they'd be trapped in some sort of arrangement. Because it was clear this woman was not your average person. She said she had secrets... and all the spiders... there was something about her.

They had no idea what they were getting into, but they were at a point in their lives where they were at rock bottom. Whether this was something that was for the better, or for the worse, it was at least SOME sort of movement in their lives.

It didn't take too long before they were in the outskirts of the village. And they stopped at a place that... didn't look too bad. It was definitely a place of modest means, but it looked like it was VERY well-maintained. Seemed like the perfect bridge between the main part of the village and the outskirts of it... and it looked like it would be a REALLY cozy place.

But for the boys... it may as well have been a palace.

And the woman could see the awe in their eyes when she was clearly leading them towards it, with intent to go inside.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 01:47:47 )

She opened the door and ushered them in. As she entered, behind them, they watched as it seemed the glamour that she had on dropped.

As did theirs.

"Huh." She said after a moment or two, her black eyes looking between them.

"A mouse and a bird. Must admit... I'm surprised." She said simply.

"What do you two eat?" She asked, making her way past them and into the dwelling proper.

"Also, please mind the spiders!"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 02:32:56 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The two of them paused for a moment as they saw her fangs and eyes... and then they looked at each other, when she commented about them being a bird and a mouse, respectively. The redhead had roundish rodent-like ears showing from underneath his hair, a tail extending from his lower back, and his front teeth were a little more pronounced that would be normal. The blonde, on the other hand, seemed to have small bits of subtle plumage around his collarbone, as well as a very prominent scar that almost looked like a massive burn, that extended from his back, and onto the side of his face and neck.

They then looked back towards her as she made her comment about the spiders... and saw that the place was, indeed, swarming with various different shapes, sizes, and breeds of spider. However, the two didn't seem to showcase any fear of them, and the arachnids seemed to be giving them a wide berth.

"I... uh..." the redhead muttered, as Lindsay stepped up to answer.

"Whatever we can get our hands on." he told her. "It doesn't matter, if we find it, we eat it." he went on, which resulted in her turning around and looking at them with an expression that said 'try again'.

"...although we really DO like pottage with beef in it." he clarified.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.