Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Community Garden Event Hangout with me here!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 18:59:50 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

wildfire oh nice! what kind of fish? any favorite meals from the past week? :-)

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:01:27 )

mm i do feel like kimchi could easily be made vegan! one of my friends made some at my apt last year it was so good! i thought it would be hard but you just mix everything and let it sit for like 5 days :-)

it's been grey here too ... sleepy ...

is diatomaceous earth for getting rid of pests??

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:02:21 )
@Purpsy: oh, you're welcome! It actually works too - I dust it around the kitchen and haven't seen bugs for a while...

@xvz: lol - whatever white fish I have in the freezer.
Favorite meals from the last week? Uhhh... I did chicken + brocolli + sweet potato sheet pan the other night?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:03:16 )
@xvz: It has a lot of uses, but yes, one of them is natural pest control.
Kimchi isn't usually vegan? How so?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:03:30 )

ooh that sounds so simple and tasty!! do u usually go for chicken breast or thigh?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:04:04 )

rip we've noticed some roaches around the house T_T where do yall usually put the powder? just like around the ground?

i think kimchi sometimes has fish products in it? like fish sauce type things

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:05:39 )

@Wildfire: So it's like powder right? Because we have a similar thing we use but we can't place it everywhere since we can't inhale it.
If this is a much safe option I'll ask my brother for a second opinion.. He knows more of these stuff than the rest of my family does lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:06:47 )
@xvz: I'll use either, depending on what I have available. This time it was chicken breast. I tossed a little onion in that mix too and a bunch of spices on top, including red pepper. The guys loved it. And it is quite simple to make and to clean up.

I put a little of the diatomaceous earth in the open bins I have that store my onions and potatoes, and behind my cookbooks... around the edges of the counter or wherever it is needed.

Oh! That makes sense - the fish sauce in kimchi. It has been a while... lol! XD

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:07:47 )

purpsy is it like borax? i've used that before for ants/roaches but we have to be careful abt where we put it

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:07:54 )

oooh lmaoo I take it back we do use it.
sigh I feel like an idiot =w=

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:08:01 )
@Purpsy: You probably shouldn't inhale this either since it's a dust/earth, but it is easy to use, nontoxic, etc. It's just an option I thought I'd share. It might solve some of your issues. :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:09:23 )
@Purpsy: you use diatomaceous earth already? well that's good. Use more of it?? XD

Borax... haven't used that for much other than boosting my laundry once in a while. I know it too has several helpful uses. It's just one of those things I don't gravitate towards for some reason

Donator — A.I. Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:10:20 )
// AI-COM MNRVA : activate MIDNIGHT EXIGENT(aurora knives)

@Wildfire: I won't lie, I always hold my breath whenever doing something like that because you never know...but hey, everything works, folks can post, and things feel a bit faster. So I'd say things went well! :D

It rained all day yesterday, and a bit this morning, but it cleared up. I do love the rain but totally understand how it can make your day just kinda...passively exist. Hard to get much done when a) it's perfect napping weather! and b) driving / travelling is less than ideal. c':

// AI-COM : return // end of line
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:10:38 )

@Wildfire: Yeah we mainly use it on the living room. I guess it's time to use it on the kitchen and dining room often too.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:13:57 )
@Vii: lol - I think everyone who is in a position to restart servers or do programming work holds their breath when they click that button to upload/reset/DO things! XD I certainly do!

Yeah, I'm actually happy for the rainy day today (it's sunny far too much here! lol) but it is doing weird things to my sense of time. Fortunately I don't have to go anywhere today, so I can stay in and enjoy it ... other than trying to get my dogs out to do their business!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:15:14 )
@purpsy: it sounds like it's time to spread it around a bit :3

@koneko: more interviews? I thought you were starting a job this week...? Or didn't that happen? Either way - good luck :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:17:52 )

@Wildfire: Yup but is it okay for me to put some on the kitchen counter especially where we dry out dishes in? Because they hang out there a lot and I've learn they really love to go to damp and very confined spots.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:18:01 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | Garnet

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Totalanimefan: meh, its not like i don't have enough to do at home that a month without the library won't hurt me. and I kind of get it, she's trying to make me more aware of my limitations. and she's right, bringing my walker there would of worked better. as the ones they have are nott big enough for me to sit in wiithout breaking them or hurting myseelf, so if i had h had to sit down fast or fall, i'd of been in trouble. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:19:47 )
@Purpsy: I don't see why not other than it potentially turning in to mud... I did put some in that area in our kitchen and haven't had any problems, but I put it up on the top of the backsplash instead of directly on the counter.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:20:30 )

I return from a nice shower, feeling much refreshed.

I know I'm not supposed to wash my hair as much with fantasy colors in, but man if I don't wash my scalp regularly it gets so irritated and drives me bonkers. The most I've made it is like, four days. Oh well, I'll just have to touch up the dye on my own now and then, I guess.

Please ping me!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.