Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Community Garden Event Hangout with me here!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 17:24:25 )

My 'dirty floors' problem is my roommate/landlord... she works in horse barns and tracks so much crap in!! It's impossible to keep the floors clean for long at all.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 17:55:48 )
    I am having salami and avocado crackers today

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 18:11:16 )

I had chicken and cheese taquitos. Which. Aren't healthy at all but they sure are tasty!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 18:15:30 )
@CooperationIsKey: that's my son who's no longer in the house, always bringing in dirt and hay, etc. from the barn where he works part time.

@koneko: Yeah, that's how a lot of the barns work - you gotta help out!

Food... let's see...
This morning I made a sweet potato, salsa and egg burrito thing that was yummy.
I haven't had lunch yet, and I haven't fully decided what to make for dinner - ratatouille with fish, probably...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 18:18:14 )
oh, dinner with family is usually fun!

How did it get to be after 1pm already? Today is just flying by and I'm really at a loss why or how!!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 18:19:50 )

@Wildfire: Sweet potatoes are one of those foods I wish I liked, but just don't. I don't know why but they just taste awful to me. Which sucks, because I know they're healthy and a good alternative to a regular potato!

As for the day, omg I know! I just realized it's nearly 1:30pm and I don't know how that happened!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 18:20:20 )

@Wildfire: Sort of. I live in an apartment with pesky cockroaches and normally the landlord hires someone that deals with them every few months or so but since covid happen they've been multiplying a lot. And It's been an absolute nightmare to deal with.

I have to clingwrap food right away if left outside and they hangout on to our kitchen and dining room the most. I have to clean the kitchen counter and table more often than normal.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 18:25:22 )
@CooperationIsKey: That's unfortunate that you don't like sweet potatoes. I'm lucky that I like them since I shouldn't have white potato (which is everywhere and in everything, it seems!)

@Purpsy: oh, now that doesn't sound like much fun!!

Donator — A.I. Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 18:26:37 )
// AI-COM MNRVA : activate MIDNIGHT EXIGENT(aurora knives)

Did someone say food? |D

I need to go grocery shopping, so there isn't a whole lot to choose from, but I've got the essentials.

Speaking of which... I never had breakfast... beans on toast it is!

// AI-COM : return // end of line

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 18:29:23 )

@koneko: How'd things go with the new job? Did they give you problems for not having khakis? And yeah, sweet potatoes are like... sweet and bitter at the same time, and not in a good way, lol.

@Wildfire: I shouldn't have white potato, either. Frustrates me that I can't tolerate some foods people turn to for alternatives (I can't eat carrots either; my body straight-up rejects them unless they're cooked to completely tasteless mush).

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 18:32:05 )

@Wildfire: Yup no fun indeed but I have accepted it for now... Honestly is even more of a pain in the ass when someone comes over and deal with those annoying buggers. The person has to spray each unit and we have to leave a couple of hours because the spray is toxic for humans.

Then we have to seal away all our silverware,dishes, pots and pans, and other edible stuff that's not in our fridge. Then put everything back again once were allowed to be inside again. The paaain...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 18:34:26 )
I find that the sweet potatoes that are too sweet are the ones that are baked or cooked with a layer of extra sugar on them (restaurants do this all the time - I have to ask specifically about that because they're too sweet for me that way too (and unhealthy... and it's unnecessary!)), but to each their own. I like regular white potatoes... just can't eat them.

@Vii: You've been busy this morning - it's no wonder you haven't had breakfast!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 18:37:15 )
@CooperationIsKey: I understand your frustration. I get that way with the few things I shouldn't have (because they seem to be in everything!). I try to stay away from those things, but also try not to think about it so much (and let the frustration win - lol).

@Purpsy: oh wow - serious industrial bug spraying! That is a lot of work to deal with. There are healthier options...

Donator — A.I. Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 18:41:21 )
// AI-COM MNRVA : activate MIDNIGHT EXIGENT(aurora knives)

@Wildfire: That is true! I'm finally eating the toast I prepped like three hours ago xD but it worked out well, because now it's extra crispy! c:

How is your day coming along?

// AI-COM : return // end of line
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 18:43:18 )

@Wildfire: Yeah... I hope there is another healthier method because at one point I was really fed up with it and back then I have to deal my mom's hoarding too. It was a stressful time for me...

Well anyways how's you day going so far?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 18:49:07 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

mm i plan to make some kimchi fried rice today!

i haven't made sweet potato + black bean tacos in a while :0 maybe will revisit sometime soon ?

did i miss what wildfire is making for dinner lol ... always a favorite topic of mine hehe

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 18:50:16 )
@Vii: I'm glad it worked out well for you in the end!
I'm glad you can hang out and post now. I'm guessing everything went well with the server earlier :3

My day is evaporating somehow. It's a rainy day - productive, but slow - and I don't know where the time is going!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 18:51:33 )
@Purpsy: oh yeah - I forgot about that! Check out Diatomaceous Earth...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 18:55:48 )
@xvz: LOL! XD Dinner is probably going to be ratatouille and fish, with salad.
It's good to see you. How have you been?

kimchi with just about anything is good... it has been a long time though since I've had kimchi. The last time I went to buy it, the ingredients included wheat (whhyyy???)... *sigh*

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 18:57:09 )

@Wildfire: O.O
Wow! I'm going to bookmark it and show to my family later. We might switch to that. Thanks!

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.