Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat New 'do who dis?

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 21:35:02 )

I'm visiting my dad's house for a couple days, and after lunch he surprised me with a haircut & color! I haven't had my hair cut since April 2019, and haven't had it dyed in way longer than that. :vanora_heart:

(Feel free to share your own cuts/colors if you want!)

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 21:40:30 )

Nice! I love that color; I think if I were gonna add an actual color to my hair, it would be something similar. For now, the most I've done with it recently is to bleach the ends so they turned a sort of blondish-orange. I like it, but ideally I'd probably need to go get all my dead ends trimmed (haven't had a haircut in years and it's nothing but split ends and frizz), have the whole thing taken care of and re-bleached by a professional or something. But that costs money :^P

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 22:08:15 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

You look awsome!
I recently finally got my hair cut into a mullet x mohawk and then dyed it green myself (dyed it myself for the first time)
Im a lil too self concious to put my face on here tho :'^)

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 23:32:51 )

Wow cool color!

Voltie — They/He Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 00:23:28 )
Should they keep it on display...

Cool!!!! I need to trim mine tonight, bc I have an interview tomorrow--- That's gonna be interesting.

Or redecorate?

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 14:52:16 )

Thanks, guys! I'm really excited about the new look, I feel better about myself when my hair isn't long and obnoxious.

@Count Trashula: Ah, yeah, getting it taken care of by a professional is really nice but not cheap, I totally get that. That's why I was so excited about getting treated; it's not something I get to do often!

@GoblinsAndTea: Oh that sounds so cool! I've never done a mohawk though I guess with this cut I could if I wanted, lol.

@Totalanimefan: Isn't it pretty? It reminds me of the ocean. :3

@MaxIsConfused: Oh gosh, I've only ever trimmed my own hair once; I got fed up with my super long hair years ago because I only ever wore it up in a bun anyway, so I lopped it off at my shoulders--kinda unevenly and I eventually had it fixed, lol. I remember my coworkers being like "but why? Your hair is so pretty!" And I'm like... you guys only ever got to see it if I took it down specifically for you to see, lol.

Good luck with the interview!

@koneko: Oh you had yours teal too? Haha, that's awesome. :D I really hope whatever job you get lets you keep your colored hair; I know mine gives me a confidence boost and makes me smile when I look in the mirror, and that's always nice. :)

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 16:15:53 )

ooh nice hairrrr

i recently chopped my hair and bleached it and dyed it purple
    also still not used to how i look bahaha

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 16:50:15 )

@pachi: Thank you!

And haha, me neither, I keep looking in the mirror and smiling every time it reminds me. But also I'm thrilled to have it short again; I hate having to wear my hair up in a big ol' clip.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 19:51:11 )

@CooperationIsKey: Oh totally. It is like the ocean! ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 23:35:28 )
@cooperationiskey: Awesome hair color!

Even though I never dyed my hair before, and I'm also planning to cut my hair even shorter (similar to a pixie cut) this month or maybe next month. :o

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/19 01:57:05 )

@Ava: Thank you! And oh, no, it's not a fun time when the dye turns out differently than you expect!

@ChiffonOrange: I've never had a pixie cut but I have had my hair pretty short before. I think this cut is my new go-to, for now at least. :)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/20 03:07:42 )
@cooperationiskey: Oh I see, your new haircut looks cool though! ^^

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 22:12:52 )
It's very nice! I have new work clothes and it makes me feel happier with me, too. No pics unfortunately. I'm glad you're happier, too. <3

Donator — They/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 21:38:12 )

I like the teal, it's one of my fave colours.

I recently had my hair cut.
Last hair cut I had was in 2003.
I went from 3 feet of hair to this:

Before:

Right now my hair is really blonde cause I bleached it yesterday. I plan on dyeing it on the weekend. I have smokey blue gray dye. ovo

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 23:37:33 )

@Pospeb: Thank you! Having the hair you want is definitely a nice little self-esteem boost. :) New work clothes are nice too. :D

@Zuzu: Thanks, it's mine too. :D And wow! Your haircut looks great; that's a huge change. Almost 20 years, my gosh! I bet it felt great to get all that weight off your hair though. Good luck with the dye!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 15:19:08 )
    I had many a covid cuts during lockdown. My partner would get flustered with the amount of hair that I have and I would let them cut it. These weren't insignificant cuts, either! I gave myself bangs, which eventually grew out, and then a bob was the last time we cut my hair without a professional. I had a professional haircut a few weeks ago and it was pretty awesome. She finally gave the mop some structure!

I don't think I'll ever dye it an 'unnatural' color again, only because I have to look more professional and blue hair where I work is going to beg for trouble. I still color my hair on my own, only because I've had some hits and misses in a salon and if I'm going to have my hair burnt off I would rather do it myself for a fraction of the price.

Donator — They/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 00:54:12 )

@CooperationIsKey: thanks. I was nervous about cutting my hair but snipped a tiny bit & then i cut more & more. XD
I did go to a stylist after to even out the back and add layers.

Short hair is so much easier to take care of.
it used to take over 5 hrs to fully dry after a wash. Also i sometimes got tangled up in my hair in my sleep. Oh & the headaches.

After my hair cut i had to start wearing a different size hat. My old hat is too big now. XD
Luckilly i had an identical hat in a smaller size lol.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 01:13:09 )

@blue: I'm too chicken to do my own hair, though that's partly since it's an undercut and I'm petrified I'd botch it. As for dying my hair funky colors, it's a rare perk of being disabled and unable to work--at least I don't have to worry about what a boss would say! Also the last time I tried dying my own hair I made a mess and had to run to my hairdresser to fix it, so I was fine with letting someone more skilled handle it this time. :)

@Zuzu: Oh you cut it yourself! Did you just get fed up with it? Because that's what I did. I had hair that was around that long many years ago, but I always kept it up in a bun because it annoyed the heck out of me. Finally one day I just chopped it off at my shoulders. I did have to get it evened out but yeah, it was a whole new world. I'd had really long hair most of my life and the FREEDOM of short hair was amazing. I went progressively shorter and this is my latest incarnation!

And yes it's so much easier to take care of, it's fantastic. Washes fast, dries fast, styles fast (usually).

Lol, that is lucky about the hat!

Please ping me!

Donator — They/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 02:10:54 )

@CooperationIsKey: yeah i cut it myself one day during a heatwave & migraines.
Tho like you i was too nervous to try doing a undercut myself on the back of my head.

As for dyeing it, i chose to do it myself cause the stylist i went to charges a bit over $100.
I kinda messed up bleaching it at first, missed some spots. Then i waited about 3 weeks for my hair to recover before bleaching it again. Results were much better so now I'm waiting for my hair's natural oils to return before i put it through dyeing & washing. I'm being careful cause it's my first time doing this.
(Avatar Closet)

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 02:46:57 )
That looks nice! ^^
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.