Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 01:42:22 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
@Totalanimefan: I sleep I small short bursts when my bed is just that, a bed, and not a pool. oool.

Also, good! It's awesome you got it paid off for the moment. Obviously, there will be more later, but still. You're good to go~<3

How long is the course going to be and whantot? Like... 1 year? 3? etc

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 02:10:49 )
@Colin: I'm sure I'll find somebody :) I have a few friends that would probably go.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 03:00:16 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@sorrowthemad: Good! At least you have prospects. Here's hoping they're willing to. Or at least one of them is.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 05:01:34 )
@Totalanimefan: as far as money or time wise? Its always on a weekend :) and tickets were about $40 per person I think.

No I won’t be going this year. It’s 5 hours away from me lol there’s a con here in January thats 20 min away rofl

I’d like to go back sometime but I can’t this year.

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 05:02:08 )
@SorrowTheMad: what should we cosplay as? xD

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 12:59:07 )
@Colin: Yeah for sure! I have a friend from Virginia that wishes it was on a weekend, he'd totally fly up here for this with me if he could.

@Ruby: Good question. I'll think about it for a bit lol. Otherwise I'm just going to be another Alucard in the crowd...

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 14:35:47 )

@SorrowTheMad: My grandpa had to check it once in a day in the mornings. Is it the same time of day for you?

@Colin: Snow is pretty. But when there is no snow it's a little...lacking color lol

@Amber Lynne: It's go on your own pace, online and accredited. So you pay for 6 months at a time (one term) and as long as you do at least 4 classes in 6 six months you are good. I'm going to be putting like 8 hours a day into studying because I would like to finish in one or two terms. (So either in 6 months, or a year). I need 27 classes to finish since I already have an AA degree. I've already starting studying too. There is a subreddit for the school that is pretty active. They will show you which flashcard sets are good to study. Obvs it's not the same as having access to the full course, but I think that it will help me have a good foundation for understanding the subject matter and then be able to speed through it. I don't want to spend another two+ years of my life in school. I already did 2 years in FL and 2 years in England but I don't have a BA yet.

@Ava: The con was soo much fun. I've been going every year since 2010 (but there was no 2020 con duh). EVERYONE was wearing their masks and doing it properly. No one in my group got sick (so far at least) and we were all vaxxed. Cons are a ton of fun. You get to have fun with your friends, buy stuff at the dealer's room or artist's alley, go to funny panels, see cool concerts! It's just a blast.
That's too bad that the con got moved. That really sucks :(
Yes the foundation on this house is really bad. We have only been here since Feb 2021 and the house has already started sliding since then. The people we bought it from didn't actually fix the foundation. So it is costing us double what we thought it would, and that's why my house is leaning and why it's hard for me to open and close the bedroom doors on the 2nd floor when it didn't use to be a problem. I'm really mad at the people we bought it from. They knew it wasn't good and they pretty much F-ed us.
My schooling is online. You can read this post to see what I said to Amber about it. ^^

@Ruby: Time wise. I'm going back to school starting Sept 1st and I already have plans to be in FL half of Sept (this was before I decided to go back to school) and then friends coming for a weekend in Oct and then family coming for Thanksgiving. I shouldn't also take another week(end) off for an anime con. ^^; Maybe next year lol. That con is about 4-5 hours south of me.
The other con that's 20 mins away from you is like Otakon to me now that I moved to DC. It's only 20 mins on the train and it was nice to not have to travel so far. I've been going since 2010 and I was always the person that had to travel the furthest. In the beginning I lived in south FL, so that was far, and then from 2015 onward I lived in CA so then it was REALLY far. And then this year it was only 20 mins. I think I put in my time lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 14:36:52 )

Wow some long responses this morning from me. I hope you all don't mind lol.
I hope that the event will start soon! It's Post-Otakon and to me that marks the end of summer in my mind so I hope the summer event starts soon. Also I'm starting school on Sept 1st so I can't enjoy the event if it's in Sept. ^^;

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 15:36:51 )
@Totalanimefan: oh wow you must really love otakon xD I’ve never been but I had a friend at neko that went to otakon so I know about it :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 16:27:51 )

@Ruby: Otakon is so amazing. So the first year I went because my cousins invited me and then I found out that a lot of my internet friends were going (Not from avatar forums, from other places) so we all met up that year in 2010 and it was a blast. Not everyone in the friend group still goes to Otakon. We are down to 8 people normally. Kinda makes it easier to plan but I do miss the others. They haven't seen Otakon since it moved to DC in 2017. It got a lot better once it moved. DC is a safer city than Baltimore with a lot more hotels, restaurants and ways to get around. Plus the con center itself is almost twice as big.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 19:39:40 )

@Totalanimefan: fair.
Here's to you. Finish that degree =D

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 20:24:15 )
@Totalanimefan: more space is always good! My first con was ama, and it was pretty good, then neko, then I went back to ama and the second time it sucked lol they barely even had any water stations when the first time I went there were water stations everywhere, always being refilled, and even announcements over the speakers for people to drink water so they didn’t pass out lol

Oh! And we kinda got “detained” my first year lol we were trying to go to the rave and they had a no bags policy but I had to have my bag with me because I’m type 1 diabetic and I have my meter and insulin with me. The people at the door weren’t sure if that was allowed or if it was “real” so they called the medic to come check it out and they put us in a room that was just for con staff to wait for him to show up. Took forever and then as soon as he got there (and he was awesome too he was in wolf ears and a tail xD) he took one look at my stuff and was like “omg really guys? You couldn’t tell this is legit? Let them in ffs” xD it was a little scary as I have anxiety and it was also my first con but omg is it a great story I have now lol

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 21:53:01 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: That's a good friend right there! Shame it seems he can't make it.

@totalanimefan: Fair point. Without snow, winter is just bitter cold and rather blah.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 22:06:55 )

@Amber Lynne: Thank you. I've wanted to for 10 years. I always pictured myself getting a BA when I was younger. But then there was parents getting a divorce, the great rescission, getting married, moving country. All within like 2-3 years. It was a lot.
Then after I was too poor, then too busy and too poor, then too busy. XD Now is finally a good time.

@Ruby: Well that sucks, but at least like you said it's a good story. The con that's near your place, have you been to that one before? Just fyi it's exciting to be back but it does feel different right now. There are less guests and only American guests (I love seeing Japanese music bands) and less dealer's/artist's in their rooms. Still enough that you can buy what you want, but I just wanted to give you a heads up. To me it's still worth it to see everyone dress up and be nerdy together and if you go with friends or family it's even more worth it to see them again.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 22:10:40 )

@Colin: Yes and the wind that cuts right through you lol.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 22:12:59 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: But, if you have pets, is there a better season for snuggling and cuddling them, I ask?

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 22:17:07 )

@Colin: My dog is a weather weather dog and hates the cold lolol
My cat does snuggle me a little bit more. He wants to during the other seasons but sometimes he gets too hot lol
What about your pets?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 22:17:44 )

@Totalanimefan: Completely fair.
At least you're gettin' it now =D
Good luck, too! I know post secondary can be tricky, especially with online.
However, I have every confidence you can do it~<33

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 22:38:22 )

@Amber Lynne: Thank you. I do have 4 years of college/Uni under my belt, but those were in person. I would do my summer classes online when I would take those and I would manage fine. :)
Bad part is I won't be around on Voltra as much. :(

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 22:45:55 )
@Totalanimefan: not yet no. I didn’t have friends in the area to go with but I do now and we actually talked about going so I might :) less people is the opposite of a problem for me lol and I never go to panels/shows so the lack of entertainment is also fine with me lol
I always went to see cool costumes and hang out with friends.

I even considered getting an artist table but I don’t think I’m quite ready for that yet

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.