Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/9 21:10:05 )

@Colin: Otakon was wonderful! I miss my friends already.
@SorrowTheMad: I don’t like people like that (but who does). I was an anime con this weekend. It was great and fun to see my friends and family.
@KittyBeary: wow that’s great! I finally got to see my sister too! I hadn’t seen her since Thanksgiving 2019. It had been too long. I had fun with her too. Does your sister live far away from you.
@ArsenicAttitude: it feel like that sometimes but just remember that we have vaccines now. Even if not everyone can take them atm. And I’m sure there won’t be a 2nd lockdown unless we get a really nasty new strain that doesn’t work against vaccines.
@Amber Lynne: I’m tired AF from the con this weekend but it was fun.
@sunny: that’s good news. How do you feel? Any pain anywhere?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/9 21:32:30 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@totalanimefan: Good to hear! You get anything good from the venders and such?

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/9 22:26:09 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
@Totalanimefan: At least you had fun! ~<3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/9 23:07:16 )

@Totalanimefan: it hurts when I put pressure on it, so I'm trying to avoid that lol. I hope you enjoyed the con!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/9 23:26:25 )
@Colin: That's fair. However I think it's also players that like them. I've had a few polls for favorite sets to draft because I was thinking of making a set cube, or at least one mostly based around one or two sets, and almost every time Innistrad and Ravnica (original) are numbers 1 and 2, with the occasional votes for Dominaria and Khans as well. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's a nostalgic thing, people love those sets so much and so Wizards gives more of them when they can.

@Totalanimefan: That's awesome, glad you had a good time! Did you cosplay?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/9 23:28:08 )

@Colin: There wasn't much I wanted, but I did get some cute pins in the artists alley! I got a Chibi wedding cake, and one that said Pokemon Trainer. ^^ I also went to two concerts and it was so nice to be able to see live music again. It was also both bands first time performing since 2019.

@Amber Lynne: Yes I did. Even though I'm sad it's over. It goes by too fast. :( You really only get to see your friends from Thrusday until Sun. :(

@sunny: That's a good idea. ^^; I enjoyed it soo much. Please read the above replies in this post. lol. How's your family been? How's England been?

@SorrowTheMad: Yeah I did! You can read what I did at the con in this post. I didn't cosplay. I don't normally cosplay. My cousin does and she did this year.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/9 23:35:57 )
@Totalanimefan: That sounds really cool :) I would go to one with @Ruby: someday. :)

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/9 23:39:46 )

@Totalanimefan: It sucks, but it also makes the time you spent much more valuable to you~<3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/9 23:43:24 )

@SorrowTheMad: They are soo much fun honestly! I saw people playing Magic in the games room and I thought of you lol. I'm sure there are good ones in NC. ^^

@Amber Lynne: That's a good point. Also time went by weird at the con. I guess with the pandemic no one has a sense of time anymore. Thursday didn't really go by fast, but then somehow I feel like I barely did anything at the con but it was over already. I rushed through the dealers room and artist's alley on the last day. I did get to go to two concerts. So that was fun.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/9 23:46:17 )

@Totalanimefan: I don't think that has anything to do with the pandemic.
I'd put money down that's because you weren't paying attention to the time.

If you're busy and enjoying yourself, time flies.
If you're bored, time crawls.

It's just how the world is. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/9 23:50:09 )

@Amber Lynne: Oh I've been to that con 10 other times. It never felt like this. There were lots on cons that went by fast. But this was different. lol
I wasn't looking at the time that often (During the pandemic I told myself to stop looking at the time so much because it wasn't moving that fast)
But I was constantly getting texts saying to meet up some where or to hang out here.

I do know that 'time' moves differently depending on mood lol

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/9 23:53:01 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: ....yeah, that's fair. Maybe I'm the minority here.

@totalanimefan: That sounds really fun! Glad you had a good time!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 00:51:46 )

@Colin: It was really fun. And it was a bit emotional to be able to see live music again. I love music and I hadn't seen a live show since July 2019.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 01:31:14 )
@Totalanimefan: She lives about 6 hours away so yeah, but she comes to visit my mom and I every so often, and before the pandemic I'd also come visit her, so now that we are both vaccinated I'm able to visit again. :3
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 03:00:24 )
@Totalanimefan: That's really cool, I'm not surprised. There was actually a set not too long ago that came out, and the Japanese boxes could contain very rarely an anime art of one of the characters like THIS. Just thought I'd mention since it kinda relates lol. Also the foil of that version of Narset is like $400. Lol!

@Colin: Maybe, but that doesn't mean you can't be annoyed by Wizards doing that. Like I'm very annoyed with Wizards doing weird crossovers like with The Walking Dead or Godzilla. I know I'm in the minority at least about the Godzilla stuff, but that doesn't make my complaint any less valid.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 03:36:48 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Understandable. I'll bet it was quite the experience.

@sorrowthemad: Fair enough, fair enough. The Godzilla cards were really effing cool.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 04:04:23 )

@Totalanimefan: fair
Honestly, none of that matters anyway
What DOES matter, is whether or not you care about the memories. Like if you had fun and all that shit.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 04:27:06 )
@Colin: Yeah, I don't really like crossover stuff like that usually, unless it makes sense. I feel like Godzilla didn't really make sense to the Magic universe. Same with the "actual humans from a 'realistic' TV show" like TWD stuff.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 05:47:18 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: I can understand that completely. I'm just a TOHO-nerd. I will consume almost ALL things Godzilla.

And are you not a big fan of TWD overall?

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 14:24:47 )
@Colin: Oh, I love TWD! I just think it doesn't make much sense in the Magic world, what with the guns and such. And that's fair, I can understand if you're really into Godzilla stuff. Idk.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.