Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 14:25:27 )
Also it's my cake day today! I'm the big ol' 31 now :)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 16:35:48 )

@Totalanimefan: I'm glad you enjoyed it, it sounds like loads of fun. I bet it was nice to see your friends and family after so long! Especially your sister!

My family is good thanks, and so is England lol. It's still there lmao. Everyone in my family is doing good, as far as I know xD got my hospital appointment tomorrow!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 16:36:04 )

@SorrowTheMad: happy birthday!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 17:11:41 )

@KittyBeary: 6 hours is far. Is that by plane, train or car?

@SorrowTheMad: OMG that card is so pretty!! Also happy Birthday! Is there anything you want on Voltra?

@Colin: How was your weekend?

@Amber Lynne: I did have fun. On the Friday night I got over excited/over stimulated and that wasn't fun. It took hours to wear off. I guess 18 months of doing nothing and having nothing to look forward to and then having all my friends and some family in one room, plus Otakon which I look forward to every year was just a lot. We were also doing a contest where we were trying to guess the anime opening first and I think the competition also didn't help.

@sunny: Yeah it was way too long since I had seen my sister. Not since Nov 2019. It was for sure the longest I had ever gone. It really was loads of fun. Next year's dates were announced and I already have it saved in my phone lol.
Good to hear that everyone is ok. There is still no travel between our countries (unless you have a passport to the one you are going to). I have some British friends that booked a trip to Disney for Sept, and it hasn't been cancelled by Virgin yet, but it's getting pretty close and they still don't know. It would be really sad if they can't come. Because we also booked a trip to meet them there. (And then I was going to see my FL family after). I heard that the cases in England were getting better because everyone either has the shot or has had Delta. Is that still the case?

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 17:25:14 )
@SorrowTheMad: that would be fun!

@Totalanimefan: I’ve been to 3, idk about NC, I went to them in Virginia rofl we do have one not far from me tho so that’s cool. I was gonna go but then covid xD

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 17:32:24 )

@Ruby: Oh which ones in VA? ^^

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 17:56:38 )
@Totalanimefan: AMA (anime mid atlantic) twice and Nekocon. I preferred Nekocon lol but that was also in part to it being November and thus easier to cosplay lol I’ve cosplayed Blair from Soul Eater and a summer version of an Ouran High Host Club girl student (the yellow dress ones)

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 18:09:57 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@sorrowthemad: Fair enough, Fair enough. And Happy B-day!

@totalanimefan: My weekend was all right. Heat made it a bit 'eesh', but it was okay.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 18:13:48 )

@Ruby: I will have to look into those because they aren't far from me.
Nice cosplays. I don't cosplay but I do appreciate it.

@Colin: Is there another heat wave in Canada or just like in general summer heat?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 18:18:39 )

@Totalanimefan: lol I'm glad you're excited for next year's con already! Do you go every year? Is it always the same or is it different?

Omg I hope your friends can go on their trip! I don't know anything about the current state of travel, I haven't even thought about international travel since this all began :O a trip to Disney World would be great though lol!

Yes, according to the BBC 75% of over 16s have had both vaccines. Cases are falling but there are still lots of people sick. 146 people died in the last 24 hours which is quite high! We are still suffering under the pandemic, but most restrictions have been relaxed. You don't have to wear masks anymore, but most people are still wearing them.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 18:34:07 )
@sunny: Thanks Sunny! I have the day off so I'm going to try and finish my second chapter today lol!

@Ruby: Let's do it :D

@Totalanimefan: I know she is! There's also this one which I love. The foil of this one is, no joke, about $3,000. Lol! And thank you so much! Uh, I don't know to be honest. Maybe Ruby can help me pick something for my avi, idk. Sorry lol.

@Colin: Thanks :D I got the day off so I got what I wanted for my birthday :) I found out my favorite band is playing in Minneapolis on the 1st and it's only $20 and I'm so STOKED! :D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 18:40:39 )

@sunny: I go every year and I have been going since 2010. Obvs there was no 2020 con. From years 2010-2016 it was in Baltimore. But the con got too big for that con center AND the city is redoing the con center so it had to be moved.
Since 2017 it's been in DC and it's way better (They are only about 30 miles away from each other). The con space is bigger so people can walk around and not feel like sardines. There are more panels, a bigger concert hall and bigger dealer's room.
Plus DC has way more hotels and restaurants. I loved the con in Baltimore, but DC is just a better city for it.
Yeah true. It's not exactly something that people are looking up atm. I kind of wish that could have picked Oct because it's not as hot then in FL (Still hot though, we don't even have leaf changes in FL) and it would have been more likely they could have come. But their holiday isn't cancelled yet, so we will see.
It's good that so many people have their shot, but I do still feel for the healthcare workers that have to take care of the sick. And for the people who got sick through no fault of their own. Our government said you don't have to wear a mask, but then Delta hit us hard, and now they are like you probably should, but it's only in same places. On public transportation for example you have to wear a mask.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 18:41:35 )

@SorrowTheMad: Wow that art is soo pretty. Why is it worth so much tho? Was it super limited edition?
No problem. I just wanted to get you something as a gift. ^^

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 18:47:07 )
@Totalanimefan: Why thank you! I think the easy answer is "waifu" but to be honest yes, very hard to get even a non-foil, much less a foil one. Japan has lower print runs of everything too since it's less popular than America so there's less of the packs to even try to pull one.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 19:08:06 )

@SorrowTheMad: Oh I see that makes sense. ^^; If only they would have printed more.
How's your bday going?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 19:24:10 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: There's a heat warning for today, but overall seems like general summer heat.

@sorrowthemad: Daaaaamn, sounds like a helluva day!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 19:40:04 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
@Totalanimefan: So long as it Was worth it in the end, lol.

Got any plans for today?

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 20:55:51 )

@Colin: We have a heat warning here too. It's going to be hot today and I think all this week. I'll be staying inside.

@Amber Lynne: Super worth it ^^ As it always is. For today I think I'm going to study a bit. I'm doing online school that is go at your own pace starting Sept 1st! And I paid for it today. So I can see what classes I need to graduate. I found a website with online flash cards and I think I will study those.
For what I already did today, I took my sister to the airport and then went for a walk indoors. It's very hot out today. And I paid for school as I said before.
What are your plans?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 21:03:03 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Yeah, that sounds like the best plan of action. Reeeeally can't wait until Autumn.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 21:13:17 )
@Totalanimefan: I really recommend Nekocon, its in a beautiful space at the hampton roads convention center. Let me know if you decide to go! :)

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.