Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 18:12:11 )

Dude working at the Goodwill Bookstore has been so dangerous for me. Like I have so many books now, and like no where to put most of them. It could be worse though. Goodwill employees can't shop at their own stores except on special days. That helps a little bit.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 18:14:11 )

@Another Movie Addict: Oh man, I'll bet! And lol! I can understand that policy; the good stuff would disappear off the shelves if the employees had first dibs!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 18:15:37 )

Yep. Like we just had really nice Michael Jackson and David Bowie records come in, and my boss and I wanted them so bad. But because we can't shop at our own store, they were got customers. XD

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 18:46:33 )
@Another Movie Addict: lol! oh gosh! people can be so horrible when it comes to prices. D: Hardback in new condition is worth half the price of the original tag.
OMG. I can't imagine not being able to buy a new item in the shop on my own time. D: That bums me out that goodwill implemented that for their employees.

@Wildfire: I wish it was nice out here today. It's overcast today, I could really use some sunshine, so I hope it clears up soon.

@CooperationIsKey: My newest hobby is gardening. We bought a house in 2020, and the yard is beautiful, but there's only one fruit-bearing tree. I'm a food-plant person.
We're growing peppers inside. OTL but I have to transfer them outside, which will most likely kill them. T^T I've worked so hard on my indoor greenhouse and now I've learned that they won't be fruit-bearing if they aren't outside. XD The flowers are about to bloom on them and they need to be pollinated. XD [I'm new to this and didn't realize this would be a problem lol!]

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 19:08:07 )

@Koah: It's to prevent us from getting all the good stuff before customers get a chance. But we are allowed to shop at other Goodwills just fine, lol just not ours except on special days. >w< I did manage to snag a Larc en Ciel cd and Rock-a-Doodle.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 19:18:21 )
@Another Movie Addict: That's fair, I suppose. I ran a consignment shop, and there was a rule in place that was similar- but not quite so intense. We could buy it after 3 days, but the item had to be prominently displayed for customers. And we had to pay full price, so the consigner got their money and she shop made a profit. Otherwise, old items were sold to employees for a discount, but not a great one.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 19:21:01 )

We get a 27% discount on the special days we're allowed to shop at our home store. Otherwise it's a 20% discount at every other Goodwill.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 19:34:21 )

@Wildfire: oooh sounds like fun!
i've seen a lot of people use cricut for doing iron-on vinyl for costumes and i'm kinda tempted, but i have no space for one ;u;

what are you up to today?

please @ me

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 19:52:30 )

@Koah: My mom's growing a successful garden in her yard, and she's also got a peach tree I think? But she expects the squirrels will get to the fruit before she can. (Pity; I bet she'd make some killer preserves with 'em!) My roommate has tried to convince me to do a veggie garden in the back yard (her house; I rent a room), but I know it'd be a ton of work to prepare the yard for it. Maybe if I could buy some 5-gallon buckets and some good soil, or at least build a little raised bed. But I'm just not prepared to do all the digging and junk in this section of yard that hasn't been maintained in literally years (at least as long as I've lived here, and I've lived here three years).

I'd love to grow tomatoes, and maybe bell peppers... and pumpkins. Just because I really love pumpkins, lol. To be perfectly honest, with your peppers, I uh, hadn't really considered that problem either!! We have a seemingly decent population of bees in the area here apparently, so at least if I did do veggies sometime I'm sure they'd get plenty pollinated. Good luck with your peppers, I really hope it works out!

@Another Movie Addict: That's not a bad discount at all! I admit I'm a little jealous. I haven't even been able to go to a thrift shop in the longest time. I miss it! And antique stores. I used to hit those up with my mom all the time growing up.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 19:57:57 )

I do like working in the store to be honest. >w> Totally bought a sword recently.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 20:05:02 )

@Another Movie Addict: Aw, man, I want a sword! lol.

I actually once had a plan to make a "weapons display" and have it be all like video game prop weapons, like a Minecraft sword and junk like that. Never managed to make that one happen and I'm not sure it still really gels with my aesthetic now.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 20:11:33 )

I thought it would look great with my fursuit. First time using it in suit, I almost cut a friend's dick.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 20:54:13 )
@Another Movie Addict: That's a comfortable discount. Encouraging enough to use it, but not enough to make you spend your whole paycheck on stuff.
when I worked in a hippy shop, I had a 50% off discount, so my paycheck would disappear pretty quickly. e.e"

@CooperationIsKey: I do recommend the 5-gallon buckets with good soil. I'm doing that with zucchini. My yard is overgrown and the previous owners did a fabulous job of maintaining the yard, however, once they stopped, everything overgrew. So I'm dealing with a massive garden with no experience.
There are flowers, vines, trees, walking paths, and ponds.. =O
I began my own garden this year in buckets and I've been putting them around the yard trying to figure out where I want to uproot and re-do areas.
I feel the pain of needing to tear up a garden area.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 21:06:19 )
@Purpsy: Semi-homemade ice cream sounds nice. xD You may want to let the crushed Oreos sit in the ice cream a bit before consuming, otherwise they'll be hella crunchy! Unless you like that sort of thing. I prefer my cookies softer if I'm having them mixed in.

@Another Movie Addict: What a nice backstory for Uni. :) I'm still developing my drow character, including outfit. I may try to create an avi here of her sometime so that I can request art, or do it myself if I'm confident enough haha. My art skills are hella rusty. Only thing is, I've looked up drow for inspiration on appearance, and in my mind, her skin is much different from the ones I've seen online. But like I said, she is a homebrew character, so could probably get away with that.

@CooperationIsKey: Your avi is coming along nicely. :)

@Wildfire: I swear either the washer or dryer ate my socks. xD Ooor they're hanging out in some random pockets of all of our clothes. xDD Speaking of, I'm trying to get rid of a bunch of mine, and it's becoming a chore, but I'll be so glad when they're gone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 22:14:48 )

@Aisukohi: I love crunchy oreos as much of the soggy ones so I may experiment on both.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 22:17:13 )

@Wildfire: Well did you manage to get something to eat? o3o

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 23:50:10 )
@Purpsy: Oh, so either way should be a win!

I need to figure out what I want for dinner...

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/9 00:04:46 )

@Koah: Ooh zucchini! Yum. And wow, that sounds incredible! Paths and ponds and all that? We've got a fairly typical suburban fenced back yard here, lol. I have a patch of ground that's primarily weeds and cat shit I'd be working with. :P Good luck with your garden!

@Aisukohi: Thank you! I has shoes now! XD

Please ping me!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/9 00:08:34 )

I have had such a good day today.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/9 00:09:44 )
@CooperationIsKey: You're welcome! I know building your first avi can take forever, but I'm sure it'll look awesome in the end!

AMA: Nice! What did you do?
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.