Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 19:45:21 )
@Vixen: I'm doing the sauna thing, trying to sweat out some of the crap did I ate the last couple days that is currently making me feel sluggish. And watching the birds at my feeders.

I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with things that aren't cooperating! Maybe taking a break will give you a new approach to tackling it?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 20:04:34 )

@Wildfire: what have you been up to today?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 20:07:44 )
@Totalanimefan: hey Total. I'm taking a chill day today. I'm currently hanging out on my lanai, watching the birds and listening to the occasional raindrops, reading a book...

What about you? How is your day turning out?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 20:15:36 )

@Wildfire: Yepp =w=

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 20:20:47 )
@Purpsy: lol. How is your day going? Are you managing to get some artwork done?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 20:23:35 )
@Wildfire: lol. When I was a teen, I was the Worst procrastinator. I'd tell my mom I was done with homework, and then I'd wait for the last day and the last couple of hours before it was due online. [I was a product of the online school system in the early 2000s] .
Omgosh! I had a teacher that would send me an email or comment every time I'd submit something last second, she'd say "Oh. You almost missed that deadline." or " you got it in :30 seconds before the deadline, I'm impressed." etc. lol. XD
Once my mom found out, it was too late in the year to correct my behavior.

That marmot got ballsy. It's wandering around my yard now. My roommate just sent me a picture of it near the house. o0ooooh.. oh man.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 20:26:36 )

@Wildfire: Yep a good hour of it but I might draw again later. But so far my day is pretty chill but productive :3
How's your day going?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 21:16:15 )
@Koah: That's pretty funny! "Yay! You made it with 30 seconds to spare!" XD
So what are you going to do with that marmot? Can you catch and release it somewhere else? Do you think there's a nest (or whatever) nearby?

@purpsy: Oh, my day is pretty chill. I've putzed around online, sat in the sauna, read some of my book... yeah... not much going on here today. I think I really needed a down day. I'm glad you got to draw at least for a while.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 21:34:27 )

@Wildfire: yeah we'll see.
it's doing some strange things but there are likely a number of confounding factors.
feeling less sleepy now?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 22:07:44 )
@Wildfire: The marmot made a comfy spot in our rock pile in the yard. =0
and my pond is now on and cycling water! yay. I had to recruit my roommate for help with the pump.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 22:19:35 )

@Wildfire: That sounds pretty nice. I was able to get my 2nd shot! Yay. Then I had tickets to the National Portrait Gallery. I didn't realize it was so big. I only had enough time for the 1st floor and then I left to have lunch (Hubby was with my the whole time) then we had a quick lunch and got on the metro home.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 22:52:48 )
@Vixen: Yes, feeling a bit less sleepy now, thanks.
How goes your uncooperative task?

@Koah: LOL - sounds like that critter has some personality! XD
Congrats on getting the pond working! :3

@Totalanimefan: Oh yeah... that museum is pretty big. I'm glad you got to see at least some of it :3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 23:10:56 )

@Wildfire: Yeah it's 3 floors. I could only do one, but it's a free museum and I live in the area, so I'll just go back. The courtyard there was beautiful too!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/3 02:39:34 )
@Ava: I'm so sorry for your loss. </3 I hope you, your family, and his loved ones can find comfort and peace. 34 is way too young indeed.

I'm feeling loss as well, though perhaps not as hard, but still. I learned that this morning one of my favorite residents passed away. She would have been 56 next month, as she was born the day after my dad (though she reminded me more of my mom). Brain cancer took her, and she made the decision not to have it treated even though her last few weeks with us were hell for her (uncontrolled seizures).

Also tomorrow morning will be a 'celebration of life' service for another resident who recently passed away at 92. He was close because he was the first lefty I met at work, and I've known him for 5 years. So I'm gonna come to work early for the service, and remember to wear blue for his memory.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/3 06:29:25 )

@Wildfire: still very uncooperative unfortunately
i was checking with coworkers for addressing it, but no answers yet

please @ me

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/3 13:17:42 )
@Totalanimefan: One floor at a time is probably the best way to do it anyway, imo. It can be a lot to take in at one time... any gallery or museum of any real size can be. :3

@Ava: Oh no, Ava! I'm so sorry to hear about these losses! Please accept my condolences

@Aisukohi: Awwww... and you too, Aisu? I'm sorry. That has got to be rough.

@Vixen: hmmm. Hopefully coworkers will find a solution and everything will work well and be cooperative soon! :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/3 13:29:39 )
Well, since there seems to be some bad news running around the thread this morning for you guys, I'm not sure how "good" a morning it is, but have some caffeine and some snacks anyway...

What do you have planned for today - anything?

I'll need to do some menu planning, and probably run to get groceries. I'm still hoping to get creative and play a little bit that way, but I also should go get some dirt and replant a few things that need to be replanted (but it's looking like it's going to rain - which is never a certain thing here, but...) and do some clean up around the house. We'll see what actually ends up happening. Right now, I'm just trying to get caffeinated :3

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/3 14:17:12 )
@Wildfire: Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate today!

Right now I'm just killing time until fiance gets home from the gym. Then we'll probably get something to eat and make coffee before heading into work. My boss is back from vacation today, so won't know what I'm coming into until I get there, but gonna try to enjoy the service I mentioned earlier before clocking in.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/3 14:35:23 )

@wildfire: I'm pretty much might sleep again since I woke up too early and had heavy breakfast which is making kinda sleepy right now. I plan to do something creative as well but that may come later.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/3 14:48:17 )
@Aisukohi: It sounds like you could be in for a weird day. I hope it all goes smoothly for you. :3

We'll see what happens to my day. Right now there are too many variables in play that might affect it, and ultimately, do I postpone the things I feel like doing today in order to prepare myself better for other things I also want to do it accomplish? /Shrug/

@Purpsy: If you need the rest, take the rest, especially if your sleep cycle is messed up. I hope you get to do your creative stuff :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.