Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 19:40:27 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
@Totalanimefan: Honestly, I love how you and him chat. It's good to see~<3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 19:50:25 )

@Aisukohi: I think I gave the current common orb to each poster. Maybe I should do a raffle for everyone that posts on page 700. The winner will win 7k? (since it's page 700)
@Amber Lynne: I'm glad. ^-^ How have you been by the way?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 19:52:26 )
@Totalanimefan: That sounds like a fair plan!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 20:00:31 )

@Aisukohi: Yay. I'll update the front page.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 20:02:25 )

@Totalanimefan: Overall? Not too terrible.
Li'l miserable, but my doc stabbed me on Friday, so makes sense. XD
How about yourself?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 20:04:57 )

@Amber Lynne: stabbed? Like you got a vaccine or?
I'm good. I cleaned the house a bit this weekend. There is still more to do but I think I'm going for right now. Tomorrow the weather will actually be nice to I'll probably go for a bike ride.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 20:06:48 )

Ok front page updated. On page 700 everyone has a chance to win 7k and the first poster will win a common orb! (which ever one is in the shops at the time)

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 20:10:11 )
Ooh, 2 prizes! Sounds exciting!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 20:17:07 )

@Totalanimefan: lol yeah. Vaccine
first of Moderna. Second will be in September

And ooohhh, nice weather is always good.
It's been chilly here, of all things, for the past few days.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 20:23:59 )

@Aisukohi: I thought I would jazz it up. 700 pages is a lot! ^^

@Amber Lynne: Yeah we have the same weather as you today and yesterday. In the 50's (F) and rainy. Tomorrow will be better and not raining. Congrats on getting your first shot! ^^ My husband had Moderna. He was fine after like a day and it wasn't even that bad. He just got to read lots in bed.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 20:45:00 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah. Different rules to build the decks for each tournament, so I need two. Fortunately I bought one of the Standard starter decks though so I didn't have to put much thought into it. :)

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 21:49:54 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@totalanimefan: well, hope the trip is a good and safe one.

And I'm an introvert by nature. A very reserved one. My presence anywhere is often very minimal, unless I am in one of my very specific elements. My venturing out of my safe 'bubbles' is rare, and like a lot of introverts, when it's called attention to can send me back into it, as I detest being a focal point of attention.

That being said, Amber is Amber. It's who she is and I'm used to it. So it doesn't bother me in this very specific instance.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 22:15:55 )

@Totalanimefan: brunch turned into brunch+lunch+afternoon snacks lmao
but the eggs benedict were very good and affordable

please @ me

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 22:56:57 )

@Vixen: Just give me all of the food. I'm good with that.
Is it a place that you had been to before?

@Colin: Thanks! ^^ I can understand. I would say that I'm keep down the middle when it comes to introvert, extrovert. I am neither. I'm good at chatting with people but I also need to alone time and I like to spend time just playing video games or listening to music. My bestie is still in FL and when we were teens I would go over to her house and we would be sitting in her room just in silence doing our own things on the computer. It was a lot of fun that way. And her mom would be like, you guys are quiet, are you having fun? And we would be like, yes. lol
But also this past year has been hard not seeing people at all. I do miss my friends and my family, but also I don't want to be around them all the time.

@SorrowTheMad: Just keep using that one and then building on it. Do you have to buy different packs for each deck?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 23:06:21 )

I was away because I did more cleaning, but I'm back for at least a little while

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 23:12:04 )
@Totalanimefan: I usually just buy the cards individually, so not really. But yeah, building on the deck sounds like fun :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 23:12:58 )

@SorrowTheMad: I guess it's better to just buy the ones you want. Is it expensive to build a new deck?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 23:32:12 )
@Totalanimefan: Really depends. What's nice about Modern is Staples, cards that go in any deck regardless what the deck is designed to do. They're expensive initially, but then you have them forever. Standard adds up over time, even though it's initially cheaper.

For example, right now I'm playing Blue-Black-White in Modern. If I decide to switch to, let's say, Blue-Black-Green, I have 2/3s of the lands I need for that deck already, so I'm already on my way to making that new deck. And if I play a similar deck to what I'm playing now, just in different colors, I have even more cards for that new deck. It's not like Yugioh where Archetypes only synergize with Archetypes (Like Heroes only working with Heros). :)

Standard is expensive because only the most recent sets are allowed, and then they "rotate" out of legality every 12ish months. So basically, if you spend $200 on a deck, almost all of that will have to be replaced in a year because my previous deck is no longer legal. Thus why I'm not enamored with it, it's a huge money sink and most of the cards become useless and worth nothing after a year. We even have a term - "Rotato" - which is a card that's good in Standard but "becomes as useless as a potato after rotation." Once in a while there's good cards in Standard that upgrade to Modern, but there's maybe like four or five every set, out of like 300 cards. Thus why I don't buy packs. That's just a lot of bulk that's going to be sitting in my room lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 23:42:34 )

@SorrowTheMad: Oh I see. Yeah that doesn't really seem worth it when they go out of rotation so soon.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/31 00:12:45 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@totalanimefan: I can be... odd... at times. Like, I'm a reserved introvert, yes. But in a tabletop game, I'll open up and be quite personable. I have a group of friends that we play 'horrible' games together (Cards Against Humanity, Joking Hazard, that sort of thing), and have a really good time. I'm just not great in large situations like a party, or when I'm surrounded by people I don't know, and there's only, like ONE person I know there. Then my social anxiety becomes... bad. Very bad.

But I miss those gettogethers. I realise that those social situations are things I want/need. It's been hard for the past year+, but I have to deal with it, I suppose.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.