Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 16:48:40 )
Good Morning.

@Wildfire: My new roomie is good. She's a super chill, passive person. It's sort of spooky hanging out with her though. She is Me from 10 years ago before I snapped. I hope... she doesn't snap while she's living here, and if she does I'll hopefully be able to help. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 17:28:35 )

@Wildfire: Hmm is been kind of productive for me too. I've just been washing the unused dishes that's been idling on the shelves for gawd knows how long. Drying them is a hassle and mop the bathroom floors that I despise so much =w=

And now is lunch and I'm beginning to get hungry, I guess is time to eat some last night's leftover dinner xD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 18:07:56 )
@Another Movie Addict: I'm sorry to hear you had a rough day yesterday. What happened?

@Vixen: Good morning! It's always nice to see you. How's your day going so far? Tea sounds wonderful! :3

@Koah: Before you snapped?! o_0 Ok then... XD
... actually, I'm just teasing you. I think we all have moments like that. They can be life changing, but life-changing is not a bad thing either ;)
I'm glad you like your new roomie :3

@Purpsy: It sounds like you are having a productive day, if a slightly unsavory one with the tasks you're doing. It will be worth it when you're done, though - everything always looks and feels so good when it's clean! <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 18:15:43 )

@Wildfire: trying to update my computer and it's taking forever
dunno why

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 18:17:08 )
My day has been interesting so far. It's 1pm now and I just got back from an 'emergency' run to Walmart. I had set up my large Instant Pot to do a bone broth and it started working... and died. Our best guess is that the fuse inside the pot blew. It should be able to be fixed, but not in time to finish doing the bone broth or helping to make tonight's dinner, which I'll need. So, I bought another one. Before that though my day was pretty good and pretty productive. Now, I'm just trying to "shake off the walmart vibes" - lol!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 18:17:34 )

@Wildfire: Ugh yeah but it will be worth it in the end. Damn dishes is taking awhile to dry tho I had to resort to wiping some of them e.e

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 18:18:25 )

Walmart vibes xD
I feel that

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 18:19:24 )
@Vixen: Oh, I hate computer updates. They're annoying. Necessary, but tedious. Good luck!

@Ava: Hi Ava! Thanks for stopping in. Good luck with the event on the other site! :3

@Purpsy: LOL - there are always some dishes that seem to take longer to dry than others, somehow. I don't understand it.
LOL... yeah... walmart vibes *shudders*

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 18:20:07 )

@Wildfire: it's been at 10min remaining for the last 40min and that's not including the restarts

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 18:20:27 )
@Wildfire: Maybe snapped wasn't quite the correct term to use. lol. XD I had a lot happen around 20-ish years old and I changed drastically. Due to my passive nature, I wasn't sure how to communicate my feelings and handle hard situations. </3 Twas' a tough time. My husband didn't help back then. lmao
I'm sorry about your crock pot broke! D:
And totally understand shaking off walmart vibes. XDD lol

@Ava: I'll probably be active over there for a bit too. So if you need a chatting buddy, just ping me in. <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 18:28:11 )

@Wildfire: Yep is the cups and small bowls for me e.e
Yep... Walmart feels like I'm entering a new planet and I'm the foreign alien kinda vibes for me xD

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 18:47:05 )
@Vixen: So it's lying to you too! XD I'm sorry. Unfortunately, all you can really do is leave it alone and let it do its thing...

@Koah: Understand that I was teasing you and mostly reacting to your choice of terminology. I had my own "snapped" episode when I was in my early 20s that completely changed me too - how I reacted to things, what I allowed in my life, etc., etc. It was good and bad, but I learned a whole lot about myself and the world during that time and I am a different person than I probably would have been had I not gone through that period. I get it. Your choice of wording struck me as amusing... probably because I went through something similar (at least once or twice).

Eh, the Instant Pot is pretty easily replaced, and it's a minor inconvenience, but it is an inconvenience. Thanks.

What is it about Walmart and the vibes at that place? Some are better or worse than others, but the vibes don't seem to correlate to the location of the store!! I don't get it. And yes, I had to go to one of the "creepier, grittier" stores to get the replacement IP - the closer, "cleaner" ones were apparently out of stock on the model I wanted.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 18:48:40 )
@Purpsy: Yeah, I know what you're talking about. Sometimes, it feels like I'm entering another world entirely. Some times, it's just a really big, visually overwhelming store. Other times, it's just creepy and gritty and I feel like I need a shower when I get out...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 19:00:29 )
@Wildfire: lol, I get the walmart thing. I lived in a city and had 3 walmarts within short driving distance of my apartment. I prefered the one 2 miles further because it had a cleaner environment, but it didn't carry as much variety. There was one I really hated because it was 'sketchy'.

My new roomies are so dang similar to younger versions of my husband and me. It's crazy. The guy grew up with my husband, the same neighbourhood, the same family problems, etc. The girl is a passive one, out for adventure, happy to move here because she's finally away from home. <.<' She's a young 20s.
cx Their whole relationship dynamic is similar to what we used to be too. Trippy.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 19:04:53 )

@Wildfire: it very much is lying to me!
and i have work to do on that computer so it's like... compoootur....can we not do this right now? xD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 19:06:01 )
@Koah: Yeah - walmart is just weird. There are at least three of them within about 5 miles of our house, and a few more a few miles out from there. There was one that I 'preferred' but it seems to have changed in the last year. The one I went to was not that one, or the smaller one that is now probably the 'best vibed' one nearby.

That's so funny that your new roomies remind you so much of your younger selves! That could be quite amusing!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 19:07:12 )
@Vixen: because 'pooootur' has its own agenda. They always do XD
They always seem to want to update when you have the most work to do online too, don't they? I'm sorry... :(

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 19:11:07 )

@Wildfire: indeed lol
it seems to be an larger update too since it seems to be eating my internet bandwidth too

please @ me

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 19:20:08 )
@Vixen: Ugh. Hate those. And it's impossible not to sit there watching it do its thing, even if it's just spinning the little "I'm working on it" circle, isn't it?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 19:26:18 )
ah man, I'm so sleepy today. e.e"

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.