Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Come meet my snails

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/3 01:02:14 )
Hey everyone :) not sure if you'll like them but I love them they're so adorable πŸ₯° I have 3 pet snails so far .. 2 adults and 1 baby

This is Garry πŸ’™πŸŒ

Turbo πŸ’™πŸŒ

And wee baby sheldon who I just got recently and currently nursing back to health it was touch and go last few days but he seems to be getting better .. as u can see he had no interest in his snail mix lol πŸ’™πŸŒ

Feel free to show your pets as well I'd love to see them πŸ’™

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/3 01:38:18 )

What's it like having them as pets? I didn't know they could be a pet.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/3 01:49:25 )
@totalanimefan: yeah i don't think people are allowed to own them in the USA ..well I think ur allowed certain ones but not giant African land snails .. its fascinating having them as pets I love watching them slime about the place XD and they have their own characters.. Sheldon is very shy .. Garry used to be shy now he's always out mouthing at the tank wanting food and turbo is very curious and nosey he doesnt like to miss anything XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/3 17:25:31 )
@LilMissKushy: I like how unique each of them look! How long do snails normally live?

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/3 18:14:55 )
(Λ΅β—• α΄₯ β—•Λ΅)οΎ‰ Hello there

I love them!!
Been thinking for awhile now to also get one but ill wait a lil longer until i can give it the atention and space it deserves.

。.:β˜†*:ο½₯ヽ(Λ΅β—• α΄₯ β—•Λ΅)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/3 20:02:23 )
@nephila: aww thank you so much.. a snail group I'm in call them slime bunnies which I think is adorable cus when here faces are squished up against the tank they're wee face looks like a bunny XD

@megaame: thank you so much .. Garry is a Lissachatina fulica albino .. turbo is a Lissachatina fulica reticulate and Sheldon is a fulica rodatzi.. they live between 3-10 years depending on the species

@goblinsandtea: aww thank you .. you definitely should they're so easy to care for once u do some research and very fascinating.. some people actually keep garden snails that make their way into people's homes or snails they've found on fruit and veg that they've bought.. u can get unicorn snails they're so tiny and pretty xD I think I'm going to end up the crazy snail lady there's so many species I want them all XD

Donator — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/3 20:59:10 )
This is one of my top three cutest things of the day. So cute.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/4 02:40:58 )
@LilMissKushy: It didn't even cross my mind there would be so many species lol. I really don't know much about snails, but yours are so teeny tiny and cute! That's actually a pretty good life span.

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/4 11:16:47 )
@glume: aww thank you so much they're cuter than most people think xD my friend used to be grossed out until she seen me handling them then she was fascinated XD

@megaame: I didn't know there was so many species either until I joined the group.. only one is teeny tiny I just got him 2 weeks ago he's a baby the other 2 are bigger than my hand ^.^

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/4 22:02:18 )
@LilMissKushy: Oh my gosh xD I couldn't tell from the pictures that the others were so large! I've never seen a snail that big!

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 07:23:29 )
@nephila: I guess they can be they eat loads XD depends how spoilt they are lol I buy mine different flavoured snail mixes and fruits and veg they also get dried meal worms and cuttle bone for calcium to build their shells.. and when they're poorly they have to have green tea baths or bee pollen baths ..they're so worth it though

@megaame: there's a lady in the group who's snails are like 3-4 times bigger than mine their shells alone are like 20cm .. mine came from a home that they weren't looked after properly so they're probably not as big as they should have been unfortunately.. my finger slipped the other day and I got another snail so I will be getting a snail mail soon XD I didn't know till few weeks ago that eBay actually sell them... but u have to be careful who u buy off .. it's not good to buy any snail most people on there sell runts and ur not supposed to sell runts they get sick or outgrow their shells which is fatale for them .. if u ever do decide to get some let me know and I can invite u to a great group first and they will give u some great advice

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 07:30:33 )
This is one of the snails that belong to that woman in the group that I mentioned he's huge

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 16:05:48 )
Wow! So cool! <3 I have a dwarf turtle, but no pictures handy at the moment. He's a little guy that's reaching 12 years old now. I basically donated my turtle to my mom's store. He gets properly socialized there. The customers love him. <3 Which makes me happy.
and I audibly gasped at the giant snail posted later in this thread. =O

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/8 22:10:13 )

I love snails. Wish we could keep those giant ones here!

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 16:59:31 )
⋆

Wow, I was expecting to see some little guys. I wasn't expecting them to be so big. o Ao

They're so cute! I bet it's fun to watch them move along dragging their slime around haha. :3

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.