Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 00:47:04 )

@SorrowTheMad: That sounds good. I think I'm going to get Five Guys (a Burger place) for dinner.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 01:09:57 )
@Totalanimefan: We just got one of those last year here too. That's awesome :) Enjoy!

@Ava: I'm hoping they do! Definitely would be great if you could get working on your brain! Yeah that sounds like a teacher problem rather than a you problem. Teachers get taught to teach in a certain way that helps the majority learn, but that doesn't help the people that don't learn that way.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 02:28:52 )
@Ava: I will say this about medication and Braincore. I had a conversation about you with Diane today, explaining the situation in more depth. She said "Well, I would love everyone to be able to come off of meds, but I'm not a medical professional, so I won't advise anybody come off their meds." That's mostly just her covering her ass though. I'm really hopeful that you will be able to come off of them someday, though. :)

I had similar problems in school growing up, but thankfully most of my teachers liked me and tried to help me when they could. Had a few sixth and seventh grade teachers come to my sister's funeral wake even, because they cared about me. I know not everyone gets that lucky though. :/

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 03:19:06 )
@Ava: Yeah that's kind of what I figured too, legally you have to give that sort of disclaimer because all it takes is one person to say "She recommended I do this and look what happened!" and suddenly you're being sued for it. I'm very hopeful that you can start reducing the dosages on your meds :) Just gotta take it slowly. Please remember that Braincore and stuff like it are meant to be slow. You don't want to hurt yourself by trying to go too fast. <3

I'm glad to hear that online schooling helped you though :) I know it's tough being the social outcast and all of that, I was the same way. Bullied to the point of almost committing suicide, ect. And losing 9 people throughout my life has made it tough to recover sometimes lol. Well, 10 people, kinda.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 03:48:02 )

@SorrowTheMad: I had it. It was pretty good but the fries weren't as good as normal to me. Too soggy.

@Ava: And just know that it's the hardest to get in when you are new. Once you have some experience and people know that you are good, you will be more likely to get the job.
That's cool. People normally have apartments in NYC. I think those are more popular.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 04:26:22 )

@Totalanimefan: ah yeah the job hunting life. hope you hear back from them soon!

please @ me

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 04:33:54 )

@Vixen: Thank you! It's pretty rough out there with covid. Even though my job would be a office job, there aren't many hiring. ^^;

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 12:25:01 )
@Totalanimefan: Bummer, Total. Soggy fries are the worst :/

@Ava: Yeah going off meds cold turkey is a bad idea. I did it when I was 17 and I was lucky I didn't have any serious problems arise from it, but I think that was the drug resistance that I have more than anything. I could have really messed myself up. But you can do it, I believe in you :)

I'll be ok though :) I'm getting better socially every day, and taking loss one day at a time helps a lot! But thank you <3

0 2 8 9 1 7 1 3 9
Wildfire generated a random number between 1 and 150; Resulting In 28
Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 12:51:32 )
-rolls through-
-does the RNG-
-sees what happens-

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 16:46:11 )

@Ava: Most apartments have stairs, do you mean stairs inside your unit? And you can live in any kind of place that makes you happy, but I'm just letting you know what's 'normal' for NYC. ^^

@SorrowTheMad: Yeah they are super gross. Tonight I'll be good and actually make something but I don't know what.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 17:30:48 )

Heyyo! Long time no Voltra. How is everyone doing?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 18:13:39 )

@Reanna: Hey nice to see you back. It's Friday, so that's good. I don't know what I want to do this weekend. I think it's a little too early to see the Cherry Blossoms, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to see them during the week next week, and then next weekend will just be way too busy.
How have you been?

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 18:18:20 )

@Totalanimefan: Ugh, tired lol. I'm trying not to take a nap. Looking at some clothes online.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 18:20:18 )

@Reanna: What time is it for you? I think you are 6 or 7 hours ahead of me on the east coast. So it's 7:20 or 8:20pm for you?
Once it hits 9:00 or 9:30pm you can go to bed.
Where are you looking at clothes?

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 18:22:26 )

@Totalanimefan: 6pm! I think the U.S. had daylight savings time already, Germany's isn't until this Sunday. Yesterday I was exhausted so I took a long nap. Now I am needing one today haha.
On Amazon, actually. I'll probably buy some things and then end up returning them all smh.
The cherry blossoms sound beautiful!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 18:31:30 )

@Reanna: Oh I see. So it is normally 6 hours ahead of me, but not DST yet. Nice that you get it this weekend. The sun setting later is so much nicer. I feel like I don't like the quality of Amazon's clothes. I don't go clothes shopping a lot, but I like to do 2nd hand places or like Target.

They will be pretty! I can't wait until peak blossom next weekend. The National Park Service shut down the tidal basin to people already. That's the main place to view them, but you can find them in other spots around here.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 18:51:22 )

@totalanimefan: I miss second hand shops and Target so much, ugh. I loved Plato's closet All the retail stores have been closed here since November and are still closed. Only essential businesses like banks and grocery stores are open right now. That actually just inspired me to find if there is a Plato's Closet where I will be moving in South Carolina next year and there is! Getting more excited by the day.
Ugh, that sucks that they shut down the tidal basin.. COVID is ruining everything, seriously!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 18:54:22 )

@Reanna: OMG I haven't been to Plato's in soo long! I wonder if there is one near me too. There are lot of independent, non-chains, here.
When next year are you moving to SC again?

It is ruining everything, and this is my first year living here with the Cherry Blossoms. I really wanted to go to the Tidal Basin and see them T_T

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 19:28:21 )

@totalanimefan: In January/February! 283 days away, not that I'm counting or anything..

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 20:13:25 )

@Reanna: Haha. That's soon, but you will get to enjoy the German Christmas Market too this year! That will be nice. And better that you get back to SC in the winter instead of in the summer.
Are you from SC?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.